Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A picture of my face, seborrheic dermatitis or rosacea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A picture of my face, seborrheic dermatitis or rosacea?

Last week, I developed 2 red patches about an inch under both eyes. It didn't sting or burn, didn't feel particularly warm.
    I also had a bad case of seb derm on my scalp during this period.

The redness has subdued somewhat. But the two patches are still there and once in a while they feel slightly itchy and dry.
    The skin feels a bit rough (but it always has) and there's a couple of small bumps in there, too.

My question is: what is it? Rosacea or seb derm? And what should I do?

Prologue:
    Since my teens, I've had extremely oily skin, moderate acne, tons of blackheads and blotchy, red/pale skin and dandruff.

A couple of months ago, seborrheic dermatitis joined the party. It started off after I applied a sun cream to my nose. The sides of my nose felt very irritated, very itchy/stingy and I developed flakes of oil or dead skin.

It's flared a couple of times since then, I use Nizoral to get rid of it. And luckily, it does a decent job.

PS: I went for a run and did lots of exercise yesterday without the patches getting any redder and they haven't flushed or anything, they're just there. I've professionally edited a picture of my face to indicate where the patches are. I must add that the red spot in the bottom-left corner of the left circle has always been there.

Better picture
    Attached Files

Comment

A better picture here:

Comment

Working...
      X