Global AD

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flushing EVERYWHERE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flushing EVERYWHERE

    My flushing is no longer just my face; it is now my face, neck, chest, stomach, shoulders and part of my back! I have no idea what is happening to me! Any ideas? Can Rosacea really progress like this? Please help me!

  • #2
    Speak to a doctor, sounds like you have got more than just rosacea.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nana -- is it menopause?
      "It's all illusion anyway."

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm only 19 So, it wouldn't be menopause. I feel the doctors send me to derms, and the derms could care less! They are always so short; they don't listen, they don't explain anything, and they hustle their patients out of the office! oh lalala I just wish I knew what was happening! Does anyone else have flushing on their body?

        I will still bring this up with my derm at my next appt, but it's so frustrating when I feel they really are not invested in properly diagnosing me or helping me.
        Last edited by Nana; 12 December 2011, 12:42 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          have you considered allergy tests?

          Comment


          • #6
            ditto

            Is it super splotchy? lately along my shoulders, upper arms, chest and neck ive been getting super splotchy rashes lately and cannot figure out why.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nana and ziggR, I can only think that you either have allergies or that you are under tremendous stress for you to be having this kind of flushing. I remember when I was in college and there was intense pressure (my fault) I developed a rash on the inside of my arms, back of my knees, chest and around my waist (all the places a niacin flush would go ----- are you taking vitamin B supps? I simply cannot take them at all , except for one brand that is "like food").

              Best thing -- hit a nice cool bath with oatmeal. It's good psychologically and physically.

              ALSO -- get some HYPERICUM in the homeopathy dept. Just about any potency. This will help a lot if it's stress or any kind of nerve involvement.

              G
              "It's all illusion anyway."

              Comment


              • #8
                I cannot see it being allergies due to when the rash develops and fades off. Stress maybe? For me personally it will develop for a few hours and then normally fade away. I stopped my current lotions and went back to baby stuff with colloidal oatmeal and it seems to be helping.
                Ghost did yours fade away and come back or was it constantly there for days on end?
                Hypericum ive never heard about it. Just at a local store or is it something you bought online.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You can find hypericum pellets (usually by Boiron) at most drug stores and health food stores. If you live some place tiny, you can mail order.

                  The rashes IIRC would stick around for a few days. Then go away and then reemerge when something stressful happened. They were bad, and definitely tied to stress. I do believe it was using hypericum that finally helped them subside.

                  Believe it or not yoga, meditation & breathing and exercise does help.

                  I had to learn this all by myself.



                  Originally posted by ziggR View Post
                  I cannot see it being allergies due to when the rash develops and fades off. Stress maybe? For me personally it will develop for a few hours and then normally fade away. I stopped my current lotions and went back to baby stuff with colloidal oatmeal and it seems to be helping.
                  Ghost did yours fade away and come back or was it constantly there for days on end?
                  Hypericum ive never heard about it. Just at a local store or is it something you bought online.
                  "It's all illusion anyway."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                    You can find hypericum pellets (usually by Boiron) at most drug stores and health food stores. If you live some place tiny, you can mail order.

                    The rashes IIRC would stick around for a few days. Then go away and then reemerge when something stressful happened. They were bad, and definitely tied to stress. I do believe it was using hypericum that finally helped them subside.

                    Believe it or not yoga, meditation & breathing and exercise does help.

                    I had to learn this all by myself.
                    Ill take a look for them, thanks man.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nana View Post
                      I'm only 19 So, it wouldn't be menopause. I feel the doctors send me to derms, and the derms could care less! They are always so short; they don't listen, they don't explain anything, and they hustle their patients out of the office! oh lalala I just wish I knew what was happening! Does anyone else have flushing on their body?

                      I will still bring this up with my derm at my next appt, but it's so frustrating when I feel they really are not invested in properly diagnosing me or helping me.
                      Might want to read up on diagnosing rosacea and what dermatologists should rule out. You may be able to ask some questions to your dermatologist about what the flushing is about.

                      More info:

                      Diagnosing Rosacea in Five Minutes or Less

                      Flushing and Blushing

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I did go for an allergy test for eczema, but maybe I should also have a food allergy test? Could an allergy to gluten, for example, cause such intense flushing everywhere? I also get blotches! Lots of red blotches

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X