Positive results from Ivermectin Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rachzon View Post

I wonder from reading NWC's posts if it was Ivermectin that they were using?
    Yes, I wondered that too.

As for your case, it is really good news
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

Rachel, I don't suppose you have had any contact with other people doing the trial?
      I wonder what their experiences are so far?

Also, I wonder if things are still sailing along nicely for you?
      Previous Numerous IPL.
      Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
      Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
      Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
      Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

Hi Mistica, funny that you should post your question today. This morning I went for my 1 month follow up with the Derm and the Registered Nurse conducting the trial. They were thrilled with the results (as am I). I have 1 spot on my chin which has been there for 2 days and is diminishing fast. I am not experiencing any other Rosacea symptoms at all. Not even prolonged flushing. I blush, but it is gone as soon as it comes.
        I asked about other peoples experiences, they have about 10 on the trial at the Coast and all but one have had results similar to mine.
        The Derm mentioned that up to this point it has been very hard to treat Papular Pustule Rosacea so is very pleased with these results. I haven't taken any Doxy, Propanolol or used any Rosex now for 3 weeks. The only think I'm taking is mutivitamins, flaxseed, fishoils, grapeseed and probiotics.
        Supose it is hard to know intil more studies are done what comes first. Do the mites in the case of papular Rosacea cause or mimic the rosacea or do they just make the symptoms of Rosacea worse. I think this is a Brady Burrows area. Actually I'm curious is Brady a Doctor? or someone that has taken a keen interest through self experience of Rosacea?
        They talked about taking me off it now that I have such clear skin to see what happens next but thankful they decided on 6 more weeks. That takes me through to after Xmas, it will be nice to have clear skin (hopefully if the bubble doesn't burst). I might even treat myself to a glass of bubbly - I haven't had anything to drink for months.
        Looks like for some of the lucky ones there is a topical treatment that works for Rosacea.

Comment

Rachel, any updates on your treatment? I think a lot of people are interested in your results considering mites seem to be a popular theory around here.

Comment

Sorry Brighteyes my face is looking sooooo good that I haven't been on here for a while.

10 weeks I have been on the trial now and my face continues to be fantastic. I get the very occasional bump but it is gone within a few days. The bumps aren't red, itchy or scaly either. I have no flushing, burning or stinging. We are in the height of summer here with 32 degree days and I look just like anyone else. I have been spending a lot of time with the kids in the pool as well (the sun was my worst enemy).

I really could not be happier. I am very thankful for the day I spent on Google looking for a "Cure" and came up with this trial.

The trial seems to be working for everyone that is involved. The Derm and his Nurse can not believe the results.

The real test will be when I go off the cream. I really wanted to be on it over Christmas so for the first time in a long time I wouldn't have to dread Christmas parties or run away from the camera. They plan to have me off it in January and see how it goes, they want to treat my husband for the mites so he potentially doesn't give them straight back to me if he has them. They seem to be working on the theory that a lot of people have these mites but some are allergic to them and when they react they develop Rosacea symptoms and P & P's.

I would have to say I have had no symptoms of Rosacea since 1 week after starting the trial. I am taking nothing else, not even vitamins. I have even been indulging in chocolate and the occasional glass of wine. The only things I do is continue to wash with Cetaphil and use Invisable Zinc during the day. I don't even have to use another miosturiser.

These results were almost immediate and with no obvious side effects (I have had some blood tests for the trial, so I hope not) so I feel that there is a lot of hope out there especially for those who experience the P & P's associated with Rosacea. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long before it becomes available to the general public.

Comment

Rachel,

Such great news, you are so blessed. How wonderful to look forward to the holiday parties and not be anxious.

I thankfully dont have p&ps but the flushing is awful. Does this also continue to help witht the flushing and heat sensitivity on the face?

You mention you use Invisible Zinc, the tinted or the regular? I have been using just for this past week the Invisible Zinc tinted light only on my ears and forhead. Afraid to try on the rest of my face, since i dont breakout w/pimples i dont want to chance it. But my ears specially my left is so dry that last night i noticed with a magnifying mirror that i my ear was peeling. i didnt use it today. 1 st apply moisturerizer then wait a minute and then apply the invisible zinc. i dont know why its drying me? I like it its been cool here in miami so that could be it but my ears havent been flushing that much, maybe its the zinc but the drying is so bad to actually peel?

any comment will be appreciated.

Alba
              using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Comment

Hi Alba, I use the tinted zinc. The light tint in winter and now that I have a bit of colour on the rest of me (it is summer here) the darker one. I use it everyday instead of make up (which I do not use at all anymore). I don't find it drying at all. When I had a face full of P&P's I actually felt it quite soothing and it actually helped a little with covering up.

When my skin was dry from the Rosex I use to moisturise first and then apply the sunscreen but it isn't dry any more and I have no need for it. What ever the compound the Ivermectin is in is really moisturising at night too.

It is a great product and from what others have said I wouldn't hesitate on using on the rest of my face. One fellow suffers Rosacea completely cleared when she started using it.

Comment

Thanks Rachel,

my ears are finally back to normal, I will probably try next week again and see what happens with the tinted zinc. I dont know why it dried my ears so much.

Like they say we all react differently.
                  using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Comment

Working...
                  X