Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My horrible experience with Rhofade (still haven't recovered after almost 3 months)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My horrible experience with Rhofade (still haven't recovered after almost 3 months)

* I posted this a couple days ago but can't find it in the forum

I had a horrible reaction to Rhofade. After only 4 days of using it I developed severe rebound redness. My rebound redness lasted 7+ days and caused intense redness, flushing, swelling, skin texture changes, numbness and broken capillaries. I thought once I got through the rebound redness phase I would begin to heal and get back to normal. That was almost 3 months ago. I am still suffering from severe flushing episodes daily. To the point I want to pass out. I was never like that before. And now when I flush my skin BURNS so bad. This is a symptom I also didn't experience before. I don't know if things will ever go back to normal. I have been to multiple dermatologists following my reaction and none have been able to help and just keep telling me I have rosacea. I'm like well duh I knew that when I walked in. They won't listen to the fact that it's the Rhofade that has made it like this. I was fine before using Rhofade. I made one of the worst decisions of my life trusting that dermatologist and using the product she prescribed.

Anyone else suffer as long as I have from their use of Rhofade? I can see that a lot of people who used Mirvaso sometimes struggled for months to get back to normal and developed a lot of the symptoms I have now. I've only spoken to a handful of people online that used Rhofade and took 3-8 months to get back to normal (but most only took a few weeks). Even on this forum there is not nearly as much about Rhofade probably since it is younger and maybe not prescribed as often.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated I know I'm not alone but I'm struggling to get my normal life back. After my use of Rhofade I can no longer do a lot of the things I used to love. I flush so easily now and it's so painful it really takes the fun out of a lot of things.

Here is the Rhofade thread at RF. Here the most recent thread.

There are other posts on Rhofade and the best way to view them is to use the search box feature on RF and type in 'Rhofade' and view the results for a half hour or so.

There are less issues with rebound using Rhofade than with Mirvaso but nevertheless, there are a significant number of cases of rebound. Organizing all these anecdotal reports into one post is quite a task and I have tried to do this using this post here. I haven't been adding more posts but I will keep adding them since you have stimulated me about this.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 28 May 2021, 12:02 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
      Here is the Rhofade thread at RF. Here the most recent thread.

There are other posts on Rhofade and the best way to view them is to use the search box feature on RF and type in 'Rhofade' and view the results for a half hour or so.

There are less issues with rebound using Rhofade than with Mirvaso but nevertheless, there are a significant number of cases of rebound. Organizing all these anecdotal reports into one post is quite a task and I have tried to do this using this post here. I haven't been adding more posts but I will keep adding them since you have stimulated me about this.
      Aw thanks. Yea I haven't been able to find as many on this forum but there are quite a lot on reddit and on drugs.com. Would you like me to post anywhere else to keep altogether? Just let me know. Yea I wonder why Rhofade causes less rebound but still causes rebound for some (like myself unfortunately). A lot of people I chatted with on reddit also developed rebound redness from Rhofade but most didn't have their recovery time take so long (although one person said it took them 8 months in total). I can almost relate more to the Mirvaso cases with the length of recovery and the development of a burning sensation. So weird. I'm seeing a rheumatologist next week to see if I have an underlying autoimmune issue that may have made my reaction worse. I'm hoping to make a full recovery one of these days. Thanks for your reply! I have seen your username a lot in the Mirvaso forums ;) Thanks for being on top of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora823 View Post
        Aw thanks. Yea I haven't been able to find as many on this forum but there are quite a lot on reddit and on drugs.com. Would you like me to post anywhere else to keep altogether? Just let me know. Yea I wonder why Rhofade causes less rebound but still causes rebound for some (like myself unfortunately). A lot of people I chatted with on reddit also developed rebound redness from Rhofade but most didn't have their recovery time take so long (although one person said it took them 8 months in total). I can almost relate more to the Mirvaso cases with the length of recovery and the development of a burning sensation. So weird. I'm seeing a rheumatologist next week to see if I have an underlying autoimmune issue that may have made my reaction worse. I'm hoping to make a full recovery one of these days. Thanks for your reply! I have seen your username a lot in the Mirvaso forums ;) Thanks for being on top of stuff
        You can post where ever you wish. I would appreciate a volunteer at the RRDi who would continue to add Rhofade posts to this post.
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
        X