Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirvaso

So I decided to give the Mirvaso a go.

I mixed two pea sized amount with Cerave moisturizer for my whole face the past two days. Proceeding with caution as I have read the rebound posts online.

So far a reduction in erythema, but not ghostly pale or blanched like users who use the recommended 5 pea sized amounts for full face.

Seen some people report online that it's effective for them when mixed with moisturizer or a topical antihistamine.

Have currently stopped my beta blocker (carvedilol) while experimenting with the Mirvaso.

Curious to see if using the Mirvaso in combination with the beta blocker could reduce the rebound effect if this occurs. Will discuss this further with my GP.

Hoping I'm one of the few lucky people who tolerate mirvaso without rebound.

keep you guys updated.

It will be very interesting to see if that works. You may have discovered a new approach.

Comment

Ok, so it's been over a month now so thought I would give an update.

I upped the dosage of the mirvaso to instructed dosage.

Happy to report it works for me!

It's not perfect! It doesn't leave me ghostly pale even at the full dosage. If I exercise or walk in from the cold outside into a warm room I will still go red. It settles quicker though.

It does wear off later in the day but I return to my regular baseline.

I have been applying the mirvaso and then metrogel on top. Sometimes apply the azelic acid before bed with the metrogel.

I wished I had tried it sooner, my gp offered me this years ago and I refused due to reading reports of rebound flushing online.

I guess everyone one is different and I may be the small majority that doesn't get rebound.

We don't have rhofade in Ireland but I would love to try it.

Apparently it's more gentle and the effects last longer.

I have put laser on hold for the past couple of years. But I think laser combined with mirvaso is my best option.

For those that have seen my vbeam post know I have had many sessions and the last couple were short pulsed which I found gave best results.

WI'll hopefully return to the vbeam in the new year if all continues to go well.

Comment

Originally posted by carllambert1993 View Post
        Ok, so it's been over a month now so thought I would give an update.

I upped the dosage of the mirvaso to instructed dosage.

Happy to report it works for me!

It's not perfect! It doesn't leave me ghostly pale even at the full dosage. If I exercise or walk in from the cold outside into a warm room I will still go red. It settles quicker though.

It does wear off later in the day but I return to my regular baseline.

I have been applying the mirvaso and then metrogel on top. Sometimes apply the azelic acid before bed with the metrogel.

I wished I had tried it sooner, my gp offered me this years ago and I refused due to reading reports of rebound flushing online.

I guess everyone one is different and I may be the small majority that doesn't get rebound.

We don't have rhofade in Ireland but I would love to try it.

Apparently it's more gentle and the effects last longer.

I have put laser on hold for the past couple of years. But I think laser combined with mirvaso is my best option.

For those that have seen my vbeam post know I have had many sessions and the last couple were short pulsed which I found gave best results.

WI'll hopefully return to the vbeam in the new year if all continues to go well.

glad its working for you ! ive used it for about 6 years now and its been a lifesaver at times ... ive not had rebound flushing but i do still flush from stress and embarrasment very badly which mirvaso cant control .

Comment

Originally posted by carllambert1993 View Post
          So I decided to give the Mirvaso a go.

I mixed two pea sized amount with Cerave moisturizer for my whole face the past two days. Proceeding with caution as I have read the rebound posts online.

So far a reduction in erythema, but not ghostly pale or blanched like users who use the recommended 5 pea sized amounts for full face.

Seen some people report online that it's effective for them when mixed with moisturizer or a topical antihistamine.

Have currently stopped my beta blocker (carvedilol) while experimenting with the Mirvaso.

Curious to see if using the Mirvaso in combination with the beta blocker could reduce the rebound effect if this occurs. Will discuss this further with my GP.

Hoping I'm one of the few lucky people who tolerate mirvaso without rebound.

keep you guys updated.
          how was the carvedilol working for you before ? im wanting to try it but im just coming off propranolol due to its effects on my thyroid - test results all over the place and weight gain like 20 kgs in a few years due to it ...

Comment

Working...
          X