Lyrica prescription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyrica prescription

Prescribed this yesterday from my dermatologist at my follow up where she essentially revealed she hadn't listened to my concerns from the start at all. I told her since the beginning that my main issue was the constant pain only to have her ask me at this appointment "what bothers you more?the flushing or the pain?" This is after she tried to prescribe me clonidine before I reminded her that this was the first medication I recieved from her that didn't work at all. She also told me she doesn't think the ipl caused my pain. When I responded saying it happened immediately after she interrupted in a frustrated tone saying "YEAH BUT YOU'RE I. YOUR 20s! That's when rosacea pogresses". Mm sure. If it happened maybe 6 months after then maybe it wasn't IPL. But this happened IMMEDIATELY after. I suddenly developed extreme redness, burning sensation, and flushing that woke me up at night like 8 days after the treatment but suuuure. Just a "natural progression".

Derms can be so dishonest. Only dealing with my GP from here on out.

That has been my experience too. It’s a total waste of time and money going to any of the dermatologists.

Comment

Yep, I should have listened to you before! I'm not sure I'll take the Lyrica yet. Strangely, my constant burning + pain had disappeared over the past couple months. Must be the weather!

Comment

In my experience gabapentin worked better than lyrica for the flushing - both may also help a little with pain management. Which parts of the face are in pain?

Many people have had their rosacea made worse through IPL or laser on this forum, so be confident in what you know happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Sineadrosy View Post
          Yep, I should have listened to you before! I'm not sure I'll take the Lyrica yet. Strangely, my constant burning + pain had disappeared over the past couple months. Must be the weather!
          Your pain and burning has disappeared? That’s brilliant. How is the flushing these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Momof View Post
            Your pain and burning has disappeared? That’s brilliant. How is the flushing these days?
            Yeah, it's really peculiar! Flushing is still hear and I'm still very very red. My skin because extremely dry after the laser too so I still get so much irritation from that!

Comment

Working...
            X