Rhofade user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhofade user experience

Received samples from derm. yesterday at 130pm. The samples consisted of 15 little tubes. I figure you can get three uses per tube. At one application a day you get 45 days of free use.

Was out of face wash so I washed with plain water. After 5 minutes of dry time and another ten minutes of nervous pacing around the house (Mirvaso flashbacks), I decided to go all in and apply over my entire face. The paper insert instructions were to apply a pea sized dab to the normal zones (cheeks, nose, chin, forehead) to cover entire face. Does that mean one pea sized dab for each zone or one dollop to cover all five zones? Unclear. I used common sense and applied just enough for me to feel a thin layer covering my entire face.

The application process was markedly different than it was with Mirvaso. Rhofade felt light and pleasant, very much like a moisturizer. I did notice some increased redness immediately, but not nearly as much as with Mirvaso. There was no burning and didn't feel like a powerful drug.

Twenty minutes post application, I get the sense that Rhofade was no Mirvaso - only a minor reduction in redness. A gradual reduction in redness continued until the peak at 1 /2- 2hours. Interestingly, the redness reduced 80% compared to a near 100% reduction with Mirvaso. Because my redness is diffuse, splotching, presenting over many different areas of my face I felt I needed to still apply a tinted moisturizer (nude Linda Mercier if anyone is interested). That fact disappointed me at first, but I actually prefer a significant but not complete reduction in redness to ghostly white appearance caused by Mirvaso. The Rhofade made the tinted moisturizer go from simply a tool for making me human to bringing me closer to perfection than I've seen since I've had Rosacea (13 years ago). The only disappointment was the effect gradually started wearing off at around the 5 hour mark. Mirvaso seemed to whoop my rear for a full 12 hours.

Twenty hours post application and there is no rebound redness. The only negative side effect so far has been a very mild warming of certain areas at around 5 hours post application - nothing like (so far) the living hell that was Mirvaso. My face currently looks like it's normal red self. I have combination seb derm/rosacea skin so I'll be applying ketoconazole in a few minutes, then my second round of Rhofade a short while after. I'll report back later today

Has it done anything to help with triggers like food or heat ? If you've gotten a chance to see yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might want to read this thread.
      Brady Barrows
      Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

I've been tracking that thread religiously. Obviously it's working differently for people so an answer to my question would still be useful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you have to get Rhofade on prescription?

Comment

I had a horrible reaction to Rhofade. It worked for the first 4 days I used it by then I began to develop severe rebound redness. The derm who prescribed it did not warn me of any side effects - especially this one. I had to find that terminology throughout all the horrible reviews on drugs.com. If only I had looked there first I would have never let that poison touch my face. I ceased using Rhofade almost 3 months ago but I am still dealing with daily pain. My flushing is now very intense and happens with no triggers. It used to be just heat and stress that triggered it but now it's anything and everything. Even artificial light has become a trigger for me...One of the worst new symptoms I have developed is a burning stinging sensation I can feel whether I am flushing or not. I never had that before and it is horrific. This is a symptom I saw a lot of people who used Mirvaso complain of. I don't know if it will ever subside and go back to normal I also developed broken capillaries that definitely won't go away unless I treat them. Rhofade should have never been approved by the FDA. It is a piece of crap in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
            X