Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soolantra and/or Elidel Users

Hey there,

I have been using Soolantra for about a month now. I have slight Rosacea and moderate Seborrheic dermatitis. It seems that the seb derm is the dominating condition out of the two. Soolantra hasn't really done much for me except help with a little bit of the itching. I've tried some antifungals, dandruff shampoos and sulfur for the seb derm with no results. It just ends up with a worsening of my condition. Also, many face washes irritate my condition. Especially those containing foaming ingredients. The accumulation of dry/greasy flakes on my face is pretty unreal and moisturizers manually exfoliate them off but it's red and irritated underneath and the flakes come back in a couple hours. Elidel has been suggested to me as well as Oracea by my derm. I would like to know if anyone has had positive experiences with either Soolantra, Elidel, or Oracea in treating seborrheic dermatitis and Rosacea. I know there are other threads on here regarding these but I would like to start a new one. Soolantra was less scary to me because it's not internal and it doesn't shut off any immune function like Elidel. But it honestly doesn't do much for me. Any experience you have would be much appreciated even though I know everyone reacts to meds differently ; )

Originally posted by Capture531 View Post
    Hey there,

I have been using Soolantra for about a month now. I have slight Rosacea and moderate Seborrheic dermatitis. It seems that the seb derm is the dominating condition out of the two. Soolantra hasn't really done much for me except help with a little bit of the itching. I've tried some antifungals, dandruff shampoos and sulfur for the seb derm with no results. It just ends up with a worsening of my condition. Also, many face washes irritate my condition. Especially those containing foaming ingredients. The accumulation of dry/greasy flakes on my face is pretty unreal and moisturizers manually exfoliate them off but it's red and irritated underneath and the flakes come back in a couple hours. Elidel has been suggested to me as well as Oracea by my derm. I would like to know if anyone has had positive experiences with either Soolantra, Elidel, or Oracea in treating seborrheic dermatitis and Rosacea. I know there are other threads on here regarding these but I would like to start a new one. Soolantra was less scary to me because it's not internal and it doesn't shut off any immune function like Elidel. But it honestly doesn't do much for me. Any experience you have would be much appreciated even though I know everyone reacts to meds differently ; )
    I read about positive experience with silica supplementation. Silica deficiency can cause SD symptoms. Eating foods rich in silica may help too.

Comment

Soolantra can take over 2 months to fully see benefits so keep at it. The dead skin thing is an issue for sure, try a milk cleanser or something similarly gentle to get the flakes?

Comment

Working...
      X