Doxycycline 100 mg. for 2 months and still not working - sooo sad :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxycycline 100 mg. for 2 months and still not working - sooo sad :(

Hi! I'm new to the forum and I'm so sad today.
    I have been on Doxy 100mg/day for 2 months now for P&Ps. And it still hasn't begun to work.

Is there a chance that it will work, even after so long time?

I look so bad right now and can't leave the house

Hope to hear from some of you.

Mia.

Hi there Mia-dk,

Now that you have began taking'em, which might bring only temporary relief if only, you should take them for the two next months.
    If you're place shiny at this moment, well, don't get exposed.

Comment

I'm on minocycline. They told me to expect 3 months for it to work. It seemed like it wasn't really doing anything, but then close to the 3 month mark, it improved almost over night. Hang in there. I hope it works for you and helps. It's hard to go out with a condition like this. I get embarrased about how I look sometimes. But you have just as much right to go out and do things as anyone else. That's what I tell myself. If they don't like it, they can look at something or someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by moonfire241 View Post
        I'm on minocycline. They told me to expect 3 months for it to work. It seemed like it wasn't really doing anything, but then close to the 3 month mark, it improved almost over night. Hang in there. I hope it works for you and helps. It's hard to go out with a condition like this. I get embarrased about how I look sometimes. But you have just as much right to go out and do things as anyone else. That's what I tell myself. If they don't like it, they can look at something or someone else.

Oh, thank you so much for taking the time to reply! It meant alot to me to hear from someone with a little hopefullness. I think it's a good way seeing it - that other people can look the other way if they don't like what they see But it's a struggle to go out anyway, but hopefully it will get better
        I will give the doxy another month!

Comment

Also, take it with a large glass of water on an empty stomach. If it makes you nauseous, take with food. But empty stomach is better.

If the doxy doesn't work, you can try something like zinc supplements and a calamine lotion that has zinc in it.

Another option is tea tree oil diluted (be sure to dilute it - too strong on its own) with your moisturizer.

There are many other treatments like these found on the forum. But again, don't don't everything at once. Otherwise, you won't know what works.

Also, while on an antobiotic it's aa good idea to take a probiotic to help keep the good bacteria in your gut stay healthy. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by hg24 View Post
            Also, take it with a large glass of water on an empty stomach. If it makes you nauseous, take with food. But empty stomach is better.

If the doxy doesn't work, you can try something like zinc supplements and a calamine lotion that has zinc in it.

Another option is tea tree oil diluted (be sure to dilute it - too strong on its own) with your moisturizer.

There are many other treatments like these found on the forum. But again, don't don't everything at once. Otherwise, you won't know what works.

Also, while on an antobiotic it's aa good idea to take a probiotic to help keep the good bacteria in your gut stay healthy. Good luck!

Hi! Thanx for the reply!
            It's great adwise to take it on empty stomach. It never makes me nauseous anyway.
            About the tea tree oil - can I put it in my normal moisturizer, like Toleriane? I will try that if what I am trying now fails (oooh, I hope not)

Comment

Originally posted by Mia-dk View Post
              Hi! Thanx for the reply!
              It's great adwise to take it on empty stomach. It never makes me nauseous anyway.
              About the tea tree oil - can I put it in my normal moisturizer, like Toleriane? I will try that if what I am trying now fails (oooh, I hope not)
              I used to take Doxy first thing in the morning w/ a large glass of water and wait an hour before eating. Started to clear me up in a few days though. My issue w/ Doxy is that it made me flush. Have been off it now for 2.5 weeks and not really flushing. Recently started up Oracea, hopefully no flushing on that.

Also meant to mention, I've been taking 200mg of Zinc per day, also on empty stomach. Been about 3 weeks and I think it may also contribute to less flushing (hard to tell though since it coincided w/ stopping Doxy). I take the 100mg of Zinc about 2 hours after breakfast, then again 2 hours after lunch.

Comment

Doxy didn't really work for me but minocycline did. It took a few months...hang in there!!

Comment

Hi, it is not working for you because the dose is too high! For Rosacea, you are supposed to take a low dose -- 40/50mg daily as this is the level that produce an antiinflammatory effect. Any higher starts to be anti-bacterial, and taking at that high dose for 2 months is no good for your body either. If I were you I'd try taking half of an 100mg daily! Fiona x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got prescribed Doxy 50mg, and a sulfa soap since the metrocream doesnt seem to be doing much anymore. My doctor did mention PDL, but honestly that looks pretty invasive and the downtown is not something I can do right now, hopefully this will help and I will not need to go that route

Comment

Working...
                    X