No announcement yet.

Soolantra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had the same experience but used oral Ivermectin. I could not get my Derm at the time to prescribe Ivermectin, nor do I have a prescription plan so it would be all out of pocket. So after a lot of research I used the Horse paste, 4 doses at 220 pounds, spread out at 4 days for each dose. Huge flare up the first few days worst my face had ever been, then after 2 weeks clean smooth skin for over 6 months now. I have a few little pustules now and then and use TTO on them and they are gone. Hey it was $7 for the paste and as far as I can tell Ivermectin is Ivermetin. Of course do your own research but this cured my 8+ year battle with Rosacea/Dermodex and after spending a lot of money on worthless remedies.

My story is posted here under JIMR https://rosacea-support.org/just-how...dex-mites.html

Comment

• Same here

Hello,

I also used Soolantra and my face is worse than ever... before I only had a little red zone on my right cheek and now is all over my right side of the face and it is itching a lot, included my neck... I really dont know what to do. Was your side effects as bad as mine?? I would really appreaciate any insights... Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbaVF View Post
        Hello,

I also used Soolantra and my face is worse than ever... before I only had a little red zone on my right cheek and now is all over my right side of the face and it is itching a lot, included my neck... I really dont know what to do. Was your side effects as bad as mine?? I would really appreaciate any insights... Thanks!
        I had a very quick and obvious flare up of pustules after the first 24 hours of Soolantra use. It stayed bad for the entire first week and then I started to see things begin to settle down from that initial response. Since then it has been up and down but better than that original week. I am finishing 14 weeks I think and things have been really great lately.

Comment

• 14 day update

Hi All,

I just wanted to post my 14 day update!

My skin is completely smooth. All the follicular scaling is gone now. I haven't had a single pustule this week. I don't think I had an initial die-off...at least not yet. The first week I seemed to have more pustules within the first 24 hours of application and then usual breakouts all week, but this week has been smooth sailing.

I still experience flushing (I have subtype 1), but the irritation I have experienced in the past has markedly decreased over the course of this past week, and the overall quality of my skin is unbelievably better---it's like my skin barrier is healing. I still have some skin "peeling" or "rolling off" my face around my nose and chin after I wash my face...but not all over my face like before.

Anyway, I'll be back to report next week!

-M.

Comment

• Hydrate well

Originally posted by MissM View Post
            Hi All,

I just wanted to post my 14 day update!

My skin is completely smooth. All the follicular scaling is gone now. I haven't had a single pustule this week. I don't think I had an initial die-off...at least not yet. The first week I seemed to have more pustules within the first 24 hours of application and then usual breakouts all week, but this week has been smooth sailing.

I still experience flushing (I have subtype 1), but the irritation I have experienced in the past has markedly decreased over the course of this past week, and the overall quality of my skin is unbelievably better---it's like my skin barrier is healing. I still have some skin "peeling" or "rolling off" my face around my nose and chin after I wash my face...but not all over my face like before.

Anyway, I'll be back to report next week!

-M.
            I have been using Invermection cream (aka Soolantra or Rosaver in Canada) for a month. Initially had very good results then a major breakout. Invermectin is very drying. My skin tends to be dry so I need to do some extra hydration to ensure I don't have a problem.

You might want to try teatree oil wips (Body Shop brand) and wipe the base of your eyelashes & brows at night. This also helps to reduce demodex mites which live at the base of the eyelashes and come creeping out at night...sounds like a horror movie! My eyelids and eyes are no longer red after using TTO for a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Rash from Invermectin

Originally posted by AlbaVF View Post
              Hello,

My skin tends to be dry and I had a similar reaction to Invermectin. Neck tissue is much drier than face. First off, would suggest you follow manufacturer's recommendation to discontinue use if you develop a rash.

When the skin becomes too dry, the pores can shrink trapping oil and sweat causing a rash. Would suggest cleaning skin with a gentle non-drying product (ie. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily cleanser) and applying moisturizer onto moist skin. With neck, a warm wet washcloth applied for a few minutes to hydrate skin and open pores followed by moisturizer onto wet skin. Resist the temptation to shrub the skin and use only luke warm water.

Comment

• Originally posted by QTee View Post
                I have been using Invermection cream (aka Soolantra or Rosaver in Canada) for a month. Initially had very good results then a major breakout. Invermectin is very drying. My skin tends to be dry so I need to do some extra hydration to ensure I don't have a problem.

You might want to try teatree oil wips (Body Shop brand) and wipe the base of your eyelashes & brows at night. This also helps to reduce demodex mites which live at the base of the eyelashes and come creeping out at night...sounds like a horror movie! My eyelids and eyes are no longer red after using TTO for a couple of weeks.
                Thanks for the tips! I don't really have any eye symptoms (yet). I do put some Soolantra on my eyebrows at night though. Very interesting that you found Soolantra drying! For me, the Cetaphil base is very moisturizing. My skin is WAY more moisturized than before using Soolantra...my skin is actually loving it! Before Soolantra, my skin was parched and struggling to retain moisture.

I guess it goes back to everyone is different on this rosacea journey, and what works for one person, may not work for the next!

-M.

Comment

• 21 day update

Things are still good! One little pustule at the beginning of this week. It's such a relief to wake up every morning and not be scared to look in the mirror.

My skin is smooth and no more flakes at all!

Here are some before and after pics (unfortunately, you can't see the flakes in these photos. I tried to take pictures of them, but they just don't show up on my cell phone. However, you can see...no more pustules, yay!):

IMG_0388.jpgIMG_0709.jpgIMG_1373.jpgIMG_1371.jpg
                  Last edited by MissM; 9 September 2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissM View Post
                    Things are still good! One little pustule at the beginning of this week. It's such a relief to wake up every morning and not be scared to look in the mirror.

My skin is smooth and no more flakes at all!

Here are some before and after pics (unfortunately, you can't see the flakes in these photos. I tried to take pictures of them, but they just don't show up on my cell phone. However, you can see...no more pustules, yay!):
                    Amazing! Looking beautiful.
                    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Comment

• Looking great, Miss M!

Comment

Here are some before and after pics
                        Thanks for sharing!! Your skin looks d*mn near perfect to me!

Comment

• Thank you guys! As I'm typing this, I'm sitting in front of the fan with a monster flush. If there was only a cream that took away the flushing too!!

Your kind words cheered me up.

Comment

• MissM you're so lucky to have results! I completed a month (started on august 10) and i do NOT see improvement yet.. some days i am presentable, but most days i am WORSE than before.

I am getting more and more discouraged as it is hard for me to get out of the house when i feel so ugly. The only reason I continue is because I read success stories that took a long time to see results (like Angela in this thread).. but it's soooo hard and i try to avoid mirrors

Ok now i am crying. Soooo fed up i feel like a monster

Comment

• Originally posted by Dontgiveup View Post
                              MissM you're so lucky to have results! I completed a month (started on august 10) and i do NOT see improvement yet.. some days i am presentable, but most days i am WORSE than before.

I am getting more and more discouraged as it is hard for me to get out of the house when i feel so ugly. The only reason I continue is because I read success stories that took a long time to see results (like Angela in this thread).. but it's soooo hard and i try to avoid mirrors

Ok now i am crying. Soooo fed up i feel like a monster

Dontgiveup,

I'm so sorry that the results haven't come quicker for you. Do you have the inflammatory type rosacea (p&ps)? I think we are all so different and respond at different rates to treatments. Since my condition wasn't highly inflammatory, my response rate might be quicker than someone who has deep seated inflammatory spots. One month is still early on and like so many people on the Soolantra thread, it often takes months for clearance (at least 3 months). I can understand the doubt that creeps in...and it's hard to know if skin is getting worse from the Soolantra or from die-off. A couple more months or Soolantra application will be telling for you. When you say "worse", do you mean more spots? More flushing? More redness?

Sending positive thoughts your way,
                              -M

Comment

Dontgiveup,

I'm so sorry that the results haven't come quicker for you. Do you have the inflammatory type rosacea (p&ps)? I think we are all so different and respond at different rates to treatments. Since my condition wasn't highly inflammatory, my response rate might be quicker than someone who has deep seated inflammatory spots. One month is still early on and like so many people on the Soolantra thread, it often takes months for clearance (at least 3 months). I can understand the doubt that creeps in...and it's hard to know if skin is getting worse from the Soolantra or from die-off. A couple more months or Soolantra application will be telling for you. When you say "worse", do you mean more spots? More flushing? More redness?

Sending positive thoughts your way,
                                -M
                                I have papules and pustules mostly on my cheeks and sometimes on chin/nose and rarely on forehead. It is worse on one cheek than the other and its completely different patterns on each sides which makes me think its demodex. And i cant find out my triggers except heat.

By worse i mean WAY more spots, and on one cheek they seems to be spreading?! While the other cheek is more stable. On some days they seem more inflamed and lots of white liquid tips (sorry for details) I flush too but i dont mind flushing if i can get rid of the damn p&p.

I really don't know if i sould continue, because since i started i feel like crap and dont want to go out in public. I dont know if i can tolerate it much longer it has negatively impacted my quality of life. But who knows, maybe its just constant die off and i will look normal soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X