Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soolantra

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Emz View Post
    Has anyone had any success treating type 1 with this cream? I don't have any p&p's, mostly flushing, permanent blotchy redness and visible veins. However I do have very slightly bumpy skin (tiny bumps not very visible these days unless I look really closely) and I'm wondering if treating this may help the flushing/redness.
    Also does it tend to dry your skin?
    My redness has reduced together with the p&ps but I have subtype 2. However, there's really only one way to find out and that's to try it. I'd give it a go because for the longest time I discounted the demodex theory to my own detriment. I've been using 30 % TTO with a coconut carrier and the results after 8 weeks are great. I don't know how much soolantra costs so perhaps there's a financial consideration bur that aside is worth a try.

    Comment


    • #47
      Thanks for your message Col. I think I will give it a try if my GP will prescribe it. I wouldn't bother if it wasn't for the strange texture of my skin. I hope it may improve my skin barrier which would hopefully make some improvement to the flushing. It's got to be worth a go!

      Comment


      • #48
        Hi friends I have wacky skin texture, too. I haven't been using any topicals with actives. Only moisturizer. But think I need to now. I've been working hard to restore my skin barrier, too, and don't want to mess up my progress.
        Am trying to decide between Finacea and Soolantra.

        I know Finacea is known for improving skin texture and have used it a smidge in the past. But does Soolantra help skin texture? Does it "just" kill mites? Or are there skin rebuilding properties? Anyone know?

        Comment


        • #49
          I've not used Finacea either. I've only tried metrogel which dried my skin out quite a bit. Choices, choices!

          Comment


          • #50
            Me, too, Emz. Metrogel made my already light-sensitive skin even more sensitive. Metrocream made it break out.

            Here are some other folks discussing it on David Pascoe's site. (See comments at bottom) http://rosacea-support.org/soolantra...-pictures.html

            Comment


            • #51
              Thank you hg24, that's very interesting. It's convinced me to at least try it. I don't actually know of its available in the UK on prescription although if it works as good as some report I'd happily pay!!

              Comment


              • #52
                I think so, yes.

                Originally posted by hg24 View Post
                Hi friends I have wacky skin texture, too. I haven't been using any topicals with actives. Only moisturizer. But think I need to now. I've been working hard to restore my skin barrier, too, and don't want to mess up my progress.
                Am trying to decide between Finacea and Soolantra.

                I know Finacea is known for improving skin texture and have used it a smidge in the past. But does Soolantra help skin texture? Does it "just" kill mites? Or are there skin rebuilding properties? Anyone know?
                Just speaking from my own experience.. I have been on Soolantra for 2 weeks. The most immediate thing i noticed (within a day or two) was improvement to skin texture. I do not think I even realized the extent of roughness on my skin until after trying this medication, which then it became noticeably smoother. It is also less scaly/flaky/itchy. The redness has reduced from my cheeks greatly; still waiting on some stubborn redness on the nose, then i will stop wearing make up entirely. It also cleared up the P&P nicely. Hoping it lasts..
                Good luck to you!

                Comment


                • #53
                  In addition..

                  I've been going to dermatologists on and off since i was 15 (current age is 32). I have tried a myriad of treatments, most of which have been underwhelming. Recently though, I had a good experience with a new dermatologist. She looked at me for 3 seconds and told me I had rosacea from demodex. She then took a scraping from my skin and showed me the little guys under magnification. She told me, well, basically that I had a lot of them and prescribed Soolantra (luckily i have insurance right now). I have never been so horrified and happy at the same time! Mostly because (a) parasites, gross right? and (b) there are effective treatments for that, which I have never tried. Many previous dermatologists have been treating me for acne, which I'm pretty sure at this stage I do not have (it's type 2 rosacea). So glad I kept this appointment too, because I almost cancelled it.

                  I've been on the treatment for two weeks (tomorrow) and the results are pretty good. Not perfect, but my skin is almost to an acceptable forget-the-makeup range. I am curious how this will go long term, or if they'll return after the treatment is over. I've been applying it generously at night (with no sensitivity) and sunscreen/makeup in the day. The tube seems to be running out fast, however.

                  I feel like the results plateaued after 4-5 days, but I have also just spent a week in sunny California and expected some rebound. Some redness did return, but not as much as I expected. (traveling and sunshine are usually horrible triggers for me). Now I'm back and will continue the treatment.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Thanks for the reply! appreciate it. Think I'll see if my derm can give me a sample of it to try.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Emz View Post
                      Has anyone had any success treating type 1 with this cream? I don't have any p&p's, mostly flushing, permanent blotchy redness and visible veins. However I do have very slightly bumpy skin (tiny bumps not very visible these days unless I look really closely) and I'm wondering if treating this may help the flushing/redness.
                      Also does it tend to dry your skin?
                      Hi emz, John here from Ireland, I am suffering with the exact same symptoms as you, facial redness, flushing and blotchy red spots,visible veins, I would really like to know as well if ivermectin will help me as well, I was thinking of buying ivomec 1% on amazon, it's the same strength as soolantra, I'm suffering with dermodex mite as well, can you keep me posted on how you are treating your symptoms and with what sort of creams or ointments, cheers, Regards john.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Thanks for sharing Ronanak. I hope you continue to see improvement. Although the texture of my skin doesn't really bother me, I can't help feeling that sorting this will impact flushing so it is very interesting to hear your experience.

                        John - I have a doctors appointment in just over 2 weeks. If she is able to prescribe this I'll let you know how it goes. If she can't prescribe it I may look online like yourself. My treatment current consists of clonidine (75mcg 3 x daily), propranolol for potentially stressful situations such as meetings and social engagements (20mg usually but sometimes 40mg just when required), honey treatment when I have time, grapeseed extract tablets daily and a relatively cheap moisturiser (Nivea sensitive day cream/night cream). I keep meaning to buy a better moisturiser (the one recommended by hg24) but I need to buy it online and keep forgetting!

                        hg24 - I would be really interested to hear your experience of this too if you try it

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Emz View Post
                          Thanks for sharing Ronanak. I hope you continue to see improvement. Although the texture of my skin doesn't really bother me, I can't help feeling that sorting this will impact flushing so it is very interesting to hear your experience.

                          John - I have a doctors appointment in just over 2 weeks. If she is able to prescribe this I'll let you know how it goes. If she can't prescribe it I may look online like yourself. My treatment current consists of clonidine (75mcg 3 x daily), propranolol for potentially stressful situations such as meetings and social engagements (20mg usually but sometimes 40mg just when required), honey treatment when I have time, grapeseed extract tablets daily and a relatively cheap moisturiser (Nivea sensitive day cream/night cream). I keep meaning to buy a better moisturiser (the one recommended by hg24) but I need to buy it online and keep forgetting!

                          hg24 - I would be really interested to hear your experience of this too if you try it
                          Thanks emz, can I ask what does clonidine do for you, and is it prescription only, as I am only treating the dermodex mite at the moment with Lyclear dermal cream, not taking any medication for the symptoms of rosacea, cheers, Regards john.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Hi John, the clonidine helps significantly with the flushing. When I do flush it is usually not as bad or for as long. I can also sometimes stop a flush if I feel it coming on (e.g. by working out whatever I'm doing that may be contributing to it, such as rushing around at work or stressing!) It helps with the flushing I get after eating which was a real problem for me. I would say it's made a 60% improvement and made my condition much more manageable. I wouldn't be without it! Emz

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by bob4324 View Post
                              I'm not taking Soolantra, but Ivermectin from another source. I had a really bad die-off response the first time I tried it, but now I'm using it along with Doxycycline (antibiotic) and there have been no more die-off symptoms. I figured the die-off was caused by bacteria being released when the little critters are killed, so the antibiotic is to clean that up. So far so good, though it's only been a few days. After applying the ivermectin, I usually feel a little bit of a crawling sensation which comes and goes, and the skin becomes much less red and "normal" looking. I definitely think the antibiotic is key because I took it after the die-off symptoms started and within a few hours they were totally gone. At the moment, I'm taking a doxycycline dose of 100mg in the morning and at night, and applying ivermectin a few times throughout the day.
                              I'm still applying this twice per day, and I've practically forgotten about my rosacea (so I haven't been on this forum for a while). If in the morning my nose still seems a bit red, I'll take 100mg of doxycycline and the redness calms down after about an hour. I'm guessing that most days ivermectin is peacefully keeping demodex at bay, but every once in a while there is enough die-off that some bacteria gets released which the doxy can make short work of.

                              I don't know if my theory of -why- it works is correct, but I do know it's working for me. I don't have perfect redness free skin, but it's calmed down enough that I hardly ever think about it anymore. I've even been going mountain biking on a regular basis and to my surprise the redness doesn't go catastrophic afterwards. I've also stopped all other topicals/treatment, and only wash my face with water except for days where I had to wear sunscreen (once every couple of days usually). I think that has helped quite a bit too because I'm no longer constantly agitating my skin.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by bob4324 View Post
                                I'm still applying this twice per day, and I've practically forgotten about my rosacea (so I haven't been on this forum for a while). If in the morning my nose still seems a bit red, I'll take 100mg of doxycycline and the redness calms down after about an hour. I'm guessing that most days ivermectin is peacefully keeping demodex at bay, but every once in a while there is enough die-off that some bacteria gets released which the doxy can make short work of.

                                I don't know if my theory of -why- it works is correct, but I do know it's working for me. I don't have perfect redness free skin, but it's calmed down enough that I hardly ever think about it anymore. I've even been going mountain biking on a regular basis and to my surprise the redness doesn't go catastrophic afterwards. I've also stopped all other topicals/treatment, and only wash my face with water except for days where I had to wear sunscreen (once every couple of days usually). I think that has helped quite a bit too because I'm no longer constantly agitating my skin.
                                Hi bob, I am suffering with bad redness at the moment, especially around the nose very sore and my forehead has p&p's, I have been treating the dermodex mite with Lyclear dermal cream, I have a antibiotic called efracea (oracea) afraid to take them because I think the antibiotics are making my condition worse, because my face looks a mess, I'm confused about the redness especially around the nose area and the creases of my nose very red dry and scaly, it is demodex dermodicosis or just my rosacea getting worse (confused irishman) any help or advice would be appreciated bob,cheers, Regards john.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X