Soolantra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekarens View Post
    I put mine on in the morning after my shower and once it dries I put on sunscreen.

Mine has done a 180 with the p&p. I don't think it's done much for the redness except it's not quite as inflamed. Since I've had a major problem with p&p I'm pretty happy.
    I'm glad you're having success! I wish we were on the same boat.

I'm basically free of P&P's, but because of my conditions specific attributes I tried Soolantra..
    How long did it take you to notice improvements?

Comment

Originally posted by key69 View Post
      I'm glad you're having success! I wish we were on the same boat.

I'm basically free of P&P's, but because of my conditions specific attributes I tried Soolantra..
      How long did it take you to notice improvements?
      By the second week and then at week 3 and 6 I think I flared back up and then I started improving again.

Comment

Originally posted by thekarens View Post
        By the second week and then at week 3 and 6 I think I flared back up and then I started improving again.
        Yeah, that sounds pretty consistent with the majority of people experience. With me, I haven't noticed anything like that. 95% convinced that this stuff isn't going to do a dang thing for me ):

Comment

Has anyone gone past week 6 with continued success with Soolantra and if you have, were there more flare ups, say at week 8 or week 9 or week 10, even beyond? Has anyone gone farther than 10 weeks with NO additional flare ups. So many mixed reviews on success.

Comment

Well, last night I decided to quit using Soolantra. I had been using it for over a month, without any success. Not sure if it was a coincidence, or the cream, but my face was more "active" then ever. I've had more than one papule, and added red spots since I began using Soolantra, the spots I guess are permanent. I really hope I gave this med enough time to work, but I think I have.
            Those with Demodex issues usually see some improvement/major flare within at least 3 weeks. My condition doesn't resemble the common demodectic features; no P&P's, not symmetrical areas, and not itchy whatsoever. Just stubborn, slow spreading blotchy redness.

I'm at a loss. No major food issues, no triggers (even alcohol or the sun), unaffected by sulfur products, and now unaffected by Ivermectin. I'm uneasy about antibiotics & lasers.

Ugh, feeling so low; so stressed. I'm only an 18 yr old guy, have a 8 month old daughter, collage, and work to keep up with, dealing with this every day really lowers the quality of my life in every aspect . Focusing on what I need to be focused on is becoming increasingly difficult.. I keep asking the question, "Why me? Why now".

Sorry for this rant, but expressing some of this helps me cope; maybe it'll help others feel better about their situation.

Comment

Soolantra working so far

I have been taking Soolantra for 20 days for the redness on my nose. I give it a thumbs up as the redness has definitely gone down a little bit and it is easier to take than Azelex. Overall I am happy with it.

Comment

forgot to say one thing...

Death to the Demodex mites!!!

Comment

I have been taking Soolantra for 20 days for the redness on my nose. I give it a thumbs up as the redness has definitely gone down a little bit and it is easier to take than Azelex. Overall I am happy with it.
                  Do you have flush issue and P&P or just permanent redness on nose?

Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Just to report back, I wound up giving up on this. As with many things I've tried, it felt like (maybe) one step forward and two steps back. Though I didn't see any aggravation, I felt as though it was making me much more oily and causing increased blackheads. Based on a few other reviews online, it seems I'm not the only one who experienced this. I don't know, maybe I needed to stick it out longer (I was on it for almost five weeks). I'm purely speculating, but I think the increased oiliness/blackheads might have something to do with the Cetaphil base, as I've had problems with Cetaphil before.

Comment

Maybe the die off phase?

Comment

I'm not taking Soolantra, but Ivermectin from another source. I had a really bad die-off response the first time I tried it, but now I'm using it along with Doxycycline (antibiotic) and there have been no more die-off symptoms. I figured the die-off was caused by bacteria being released when the little critters are killed, so the antibiotic is to clean that up. So far so good, though it's only been a few days. After applying the ivermectin, I usually feel a little bit of a crawling sensation which comes and goes, and the skin becomes much less red and "normal" looking. I definitely think the antibiotic is key because I took it after the die-off symptoms started and within a few hours they were totally gone. At the moment, I'm taking a doxycycline dose of 100mg in the morning and at night, and applying ivermectin a few times throughout the day.

Comment

Working for me!

So I only started Thursday, and maybe it's too soon to tell, but I've had fantastic results so far. I was so excited about these results that I had to come on here to share my experience with others.

I have a mild rosacea with mostly flushing. But I do have flare ups that create some papules along my laugh lines and cheeks. My biggest trigger is sun and heat, which is impossible to avoid. My skin was so sensitive that I couldn't even wear sunscreen. I was so frustrated about this that I finally broke down and saw my dermatologist. Mine wasn't available, and they had me see another doctor in the practice. She was amazing! She actually listened to me, and then gave me samples of soolantra, along with a new face wash and sunscreen. She said try soolantra for a couple weeks, if it doesn't work we can go back to financea.

I am on my fifth day now, and the results are incredible! First off, my skin doesn't hurt. It always stings even when I'm not having a flare up. Second, I saw instant improvement in the redness, and the texture. I also was out in the sun and heat yesterday without flare up. I'm out in it right now, too. And last night I ate ice cream, without a problem!

I've been applying it in the morning very sparingly. I read that it causes irritation, and my skin is extra sensitive, so I apply a tiny amount in the morning just to the areas that are affected. So far it really has been great. I haven't tried the face wash or sunscreen yet, because I don't want them to effect my results. I will keep everyone posted on how soolantra works.

Comment

HI, congrats on the early success! Hope it continues! Sounds promising. So do you think that this is helping with your flushing? I get bumps a little bit, but my prob is mostly flushing to warm rooms, light/computer and heat. I also have permanent redness, which sounds like you don't have?

Comment

That's so great! Hope the good results continue!

Comment

Alex1134, did you get a worse phase before improvement?

Comment

Working...
                                X