Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirvaso Positive Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mirvaso Positive Experiences

    I hope this thread will be useful and I hope very much it does not remain empty.
    The negative reactions are taking over previous threads. If there are positive
    Outcomes to hear about mirvaso, please post them here Thanks.

  • #2
    For fairness, this is a good idea. But before you report "success", make sure that you have used it for regularly for a couple weeks or so. Then upon discontinuation for a few days you do not see rebounds.

    Most people see initial "success" followed by a worsening of the condition. Please consider that aspect before stating "success". Thanks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hozer2k View Post
      For fairness, this is a good idea. But before you report "success", make sure that you have used it for regularly for a couple weeks or so. Then upon discontinuation for a few days you do not see rebounds.

      Most people see initial "success" followed by a worsening of the condition. Please consider that aspect before stating "success". Thanks.
      I agree. Thanks for redefining it.

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5


          Comment


          • #6
            God, these 2 last comments have make me laught x'D

            Good experience with mirvaso, nice joke !

            Comment


            • #7
              [QUOTE=Starlite;289222]

              [video=youtube;Re72di5phM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re72di5phM0[

              I give up. I'm laughing too hard. Anybody find someone who can whistle a looooong tune?

              Comment


              • #8
                I am a flusher, but I also have baseline redness that doesn't go away.

                My triggers are exercise, spicy food, stress, and touching the skin.

                Mirvaso does not stop the flushing when I exercise, but the flush dies down a lot faster if I applied Mirvaso that morning.

                It does reduce the baseline redness completely. I am white as a ghost. I don't think it looks unnatural because my non-red skin (back, thighs, etc.) is pasty white.

                It doesn't really last 12 hours. 6 probably the max.

                I do not get rebound. As Mirvaso wears off, I simply return to my normal level of "permanent sunburn" look.

                You really have to apply evenly, otherwise as it wears off my "baseline" red skin comes back in patches. Also wait about 10 minutes for it to fully dry if you plan on applying makeup and such.

                So far I am very pleased. I mostly worry about how I will afford it once the Savings Card program expires. I understand how expensive it is to not only research and develop a drug, but FDA approval is sometimes the biggest price tag (I think the average is about 800 MILLION to go through the FDA approval process for a new drug)...but $200 whatever for a tube is just out of my budget.
                Last edited by GreenGables; 19 October 2013, 12:45 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GreenGables View Post
                  I am a flusher, but I also have baseline redness that doesn't go away.

                  My triggers are exercise, spicy food, stress, and touching the skin.

                  Mirvaso does not stop the flushing when I exercise, but the flush dies down a lot faster if I applied Mirvaso that morning.

                  It does reduce the baseline redness completely. I am white as a ghost. I don't think it looks unnatural because my non-red skin (back, thighs, etc.) is pasty white.

                  It doesn't really last 12 hours. 6 probably the max.

                  I do not get rebound. As Mirvaso wears off, I simply return to my normal level of "permanent sunburn" look.

                  You really have to apply evenly, otherwise as it wears off my "baseline" red skin comes back in patches. Also wait about 10 minutes for it to fully dry if you plan on applying makeup and such.

                  So far I am very pleased. I mostly worry about how I will afford it once the Savings Card program expires. I understand how expensive it is to not only research and develop a drug, but FDA approval is sometimes the biggest price tag (I think the average is about 800 MILLION to go through the FDA approval process for a new drug)...but $200 whatever for a tube is just out of my budget.

                  Really? Wow. You're the first. That's good news! Have you tried taking three days off to see how you do? The reports from others who used this med before it was officially released was that eventually they had "break through rebound flushing." Meaning that the body just forcefully overrode the medicine and they suffered with a strong flush in spite of the med.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for replying. It is good to see that is may be working for some people

                    But please continue to report progress and state any rebound flushing. Sometimes it takes time for it to start to lose effectiveness and for the rebound to occur after stopping. If you "push through" you may be setting up a very bad rebound in the end.

                    But I really hope it is works for you long term. It almost seemed like it would never work for anyone.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wiry View Post
                      Thanks for replying. It is good to see that is may be working for some people

                      But please continue to report progress and state any rebound flushing. Sometimes it takes time for it to start to lose effectiveness and for the rebound to occur after stopping. If you "push through" you may be setting up a very bad rebound in the end.

                      But I really hope it is works for you long term. It almost seemed like it would never work for anyone.

                      Green gables, thanks for your response! In addition to the above, it would really be helpful to know
                      How long you have been using mirvaso.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Using Mirvaso for 3 weeks. My derm recommended it at my appointment last month. I hadn't heard of it before. But my derm is fairly on top of new treatments, and she said she's had positive reports from her other patients since it came out in September.

                        Maybe that will change the longer I use it, but right now it's positive for 3 weeks and counting.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Starlite View Post
                          Really? Wow. You're the first. That's good news! Have you tried taking three days off to see how you do? The reports from others who used this med before it was officially released was that eventually they had "break through rebound flushing." Meaning that the body just forcefully overrode the medicine and they suffered with a strong flush in spite of the med.
                          I haven't taken 3 days off. But I only apply once every morning, i.e. I don't reapply on the same day when it starts to wear off.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GreenGables View Post
                            I haven't taken 3 days off. But I only apply once every morning, i.e. I don't reapply on the same day when it starts to wear off.
                            That's very good news GreenGables. I like what you said in the other thread about not expecting more FDA over site but less and how it's up to us to take our own risks and proceed with caution, because that's how it really is anyway. Very sharp insight you had there.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow positive reviews, keep them coming people And please update us in a bit more time again if possible? So we know its working long term without problems for you. Thanks!!
                              My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X