Global AD

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirvaso Positive Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Scot Viking View Post
    Yes, I have had knock-down drag out fights with my physician for using 1950's guidelines on the thyroid gland for instance and lowering my T4/T3 without asking me or having me report symptoms and conducting a discussion. He just phoned in a lower T4/T3 to my pharmacy because of one blood stat, compared to a 1970 chart. Then I gain 20 lbs in two months and he tries to accuse me of cutting back on my running and workouts. Which is baloney. So I cite my pulse of 48 and my body temp of 97.6 and my low energy and tell him....

    ...he is wrong. Return me to my optimal physical dosage. And he did.
    Hey Scot, you seem very knowledgable about thyroid disease/ and by that I mean not just the
    Right meds for your body, but that endocrinologists vary deep and wide as to how they treat you. I
    Also share this; may PM you with a few questions.

    Sometimes on this forum, the way people write reveals more about themselves than they probably
    Intend. Sometimes the " generation gap" is clearly visible. Please do not stop contributing.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Birdie View Post
      Hey Scot, you seem very knowledgable about thyroid disease/ and by that I mean not just the
      Right meds for your body, but that endocrinologists vary deep and wide as to how they treat you. I
      Also share this; may PM you with a few questions.
      PM would be great Birdie . That way we can keep this threat focused on positive Mirvaso reports. The Hashimoto adaptive auto-immune complex attacks the thyroid first - and it is caused by the same genetic distance factors in our highly hybridized foods which have caused many people's warning flag facial expressions of innate and adaptive auto-immune disorders. If we keep allowing mega-food and mega-medicine to dictate our health doctrine under a policy of short term profit maximization, we are making a mistake. I guess my thread context point is this, that we have to counter propaganda from these immoral artifices, and protect diligently our families, our lives, and our health.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by GreenGables View Post
        There's already a 54 page thread of people complaining if anyone wants to join in on that bandwagon.
        I posted on that 54-page thread, because of a seriously bad response to the drug, which has not resolved after a month---confirmed by my dermatologist and reported to the FDA. Your comment is pretty insensitive to people who have had problems.

        Comment


        • #49
          Anti-evidence based medicine

          Scott,

          I'm calling B.S. on this one. The ainti-science, anti-evidenced based medicine meme gets lots of support on forums like these for sure. Yet, it is pure nonsensical paranoic type thinking that is destructive to health. The irony is that unqualified patients are the last ones to trust when it comes to the effectiveness of unscientific treatments because they are based upon the weakest of all evidences -- superstition and anecdotes.

          Concerning your post, I suspect you are flat out lying or misrepresenting your doctor. If not, please list you doctor's name and phone number -- I would like to question him/her.



          Originally posted by Scot Viking View Post
          Well the Mirvaso "COST REDUCTION CARD" is not available for Non-Insured or Self-Insured Patients. Oh well.

          Today's discussion with my Dermatologist:

          Derm Doc: "And how is your Rosacea Scot?'

          Scot: "I have made excellent progress without anti-biotics or any topicals. What I am finding is that my infections, and they are infections, are related to my body reacting to specific foods: Wheat, corn, alfalfa, soy, and canola oil - by eliminating these foods and promoting healthy intestine function, I have been able to completely eliminate my infections."

          Derm Doc: "Well Scot I have a new topical for you to try, as it will eliminate all the redness."

          Scot: "Doc I appreciate it but I have excellent success with diet, AND, really this is an INFECTION, not acne, which stems from an auto-immune disorder triggered by consumption of accelerated genetic distance foods - and relates more to the large intestine than it does to pores or skin. I mean, these infections come from WITHIN, and begin as bacterial infections in the subdermal capillary bundles. You know I have tried at least 6 topicals over the years, and THEY SIMPLY DO NOT WORK. Plus, eliminating the flushing is like curing a cold by reducing one's body temperature - it is chasing the wrong thing. Eliminate the auto-immune disorder and the flushing will not happen in the first place."

          Derm Doc: "Nonsense, ...now, this Mirvaso Gel is not cheap, but it will eliminate the flushing and you will have a lower occurrence of sores. I am writing you a prescription for Mirvaso Gel, so go and get some and try it out. Very good to see you, and everything looks good. See you next time."

          So I guess Mirvaso Gel was mandatory and I was not given the memo.

          This is why false medical knowledge persists. Pharmaceutical companies, produce product which addresses the wrong condition, does not apply to the underlying causes, and is enforced through blind fashion market push dogma (and I know a fashion market push, as I work in that industry) which blocks the ability of people to get the message of real success into the minds of the technical professionals.

          This is called ignorance. It is an action, it is willful and it is pervasive.






          .

          Comment


          • #50
            Mirvaso success

            Originally posted by hozer2k View Post
            For fairness, this is a good idea. But before you report "success", make sure that you have used it for regularly for a couple weeks or so. Then upon discontinuation for a few days you do not see rebounds.

            Most people see initial "success" followed by a worsening of the condition. Please consider that aspect before stating "success". Thanks.
            Hi All:

            I got a prescription for Mirvaso that I filled in early October. My dermatologist recommended I wait after FDA cleararance for a manufacturers coupon so I was able to get Mirvaso for $50/tube.

            I have been following instructions; basically putting 5 small dabs on my face and applying these in the five red areas (putting slightly more on my cheeks as I get redness along the sides of my face as well) every morning. Love that white raccoon look….Not.

            I wash my hands, apply Paula's choice moisturizer and then CeraVe sunblock. I don't wait 10 minutes, usually it's about 1-2 minutes max before I moisturize.

            It takes about an hour for Mirvaso to reduce all the flushing, and lasts about 8-10 hours, then my normal flushing returns. Right after I apply it, I flush.

            At night, if I have any alcohol, it's likely the Mirvaso has worn off and my face becomes bright red. I have not applied or re-applied in the afternoon or evening.

            I have noticed that using Mirvaso seems to have changed my skin tone/color. My old makeup (BareMinerals powder) was no longer a good choice, I looked ghostly. I've had to experiment a few times with new colors/tinted moisturizers. I'd love to wear NO makeup but typically I still do put on some light makeup as my nose will still flush with sun exposure and I sit in a warmer section of the building; essentially warmer/colder temps cause me to flush.

            I've been taking Oracea, applying Metrogel at night and use Acczone for pustules (which are rare). I'm happy to be adding Mirvaso to my regimen and just bought my second tube. I've not experienced any rebound, thank goodness.

            -- Laura

            Comment


            • #51
              Success so far

              I have had success w the drug so far, although I have 2 disclaimers. First, I have used Mirvaso for one full week. Judging from other posts, I am probably posting a bit prematurely as people have had issues w the drug after a few weeks who had initial success. But I figure I can post my first week results and then check back in after 2 full weeks. Second, I probably don't have as severe a case of rosacea as a lot of other people on here. Most of the time, my skin is fine w little to no redness at all. My problem is flare ups that come out of nowhere every one to two weeks and can be extremely embarrassing. Also, I usually have a persistent redness/itchyness on both sides of my nose and right next to my nose in addition to the flare ups. Over the thanksgiving holiday, after consuming lots of alcohol (including red wine) and playing a lot of tennis, i had the worst flare up I've ever had, which led me to finally go to the dermatologist.

              So after one full week of using Mirvaso, i have had zero flare ups and my skin looks and feels the best it ever has. I haven't even had problems w the patches on the side of my nose (i can't remember the last time that area hasn't itched and been red). I've also started using cetaphil face wash and cerva moisturizer as recommended by my doc, which I really think has helped as well. When I first started putting on Mirvaso, my face would definitely react and get red w/ a slight burning sensation on my forehead. After a few days, my face got used to it and that has not been an issue at all. I even had a huge meal w a dirt martini and red wine yesterday (first alcohol since Thanksgiving) and my skin feels great.

              I will report back in another week. Hopefully I have continued success, although I'm cautiously optimistic after reading a lot of other threads. Sometimes I think reading a lot of the horror stories on this forum stresses me out which then leads to a flare up. Maybe not reading these threads is the cure ha.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Darren1980 View Post
                I have had success w the drug so far, although I have 2 disclaimers. First, I have used Mirvaso for one full week. Judging from other posts, I am probably posting a bit prematurely as people have had issues w the drug after a few weeks who had initial success. But I figure I can post my first week results and then check back in after 2 full weeks. Second, I probably don't have as severe a case of rosacea as a lot of other people on here. Most of the time, my skin is fine w little to no redness at all. My problem is flare ups that come out of nowhere every one to two weeks and can be extremely embarrassing. Also, I usually have a persistent redness/itchyness on both sides of my nose and right next to my nose in addition to the flare ups. Over the thanksgiving holiday, after consuming lots of alcohol (including red wine) and playing a lot of tennis, i had the worst flare up I've ever had, which led me to finally go to the dermatologist.

                So after one full week of using Mirvaso, i have had zero flare ups and my skin looks and feels the best it ever has. I haven't even had problems w the patches on the side of my nose (i can't remember the last time that area hasn't itched and been red). I've also started using cetaphil face wash and cerva moisturizer as recommended by my doc, which I really think has helped as well. When I first started putting on Mirvaso, my face would definitely react and get red w/ a slight burning sensation on my forehead. After a few days, my face got used to it and that has not been an issue at all. I even had a huge meal w a dirt martini and red wine yesterday (first alcohol since Thanksgiving) and my skin feels great.

                I will report back in another week. Hopefully I have continued success, although I'm cautiously optimistic after reading a lot of other threads. Sometimes I think reading a lot of the horror stories on this forum stresses me out which then leads to a flare up. Maybe not reading these threads is the cure ha.
                That's great to hear it's helped you so far. We look forward to your future reports.

                So reading about the horror stories led to a flare up even though you were using Mirvaso? So you haven't been clear the whole time? I got a bit confused about that part.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Success so far

                  Originally posted by Starlite View Post
                  That's great to hear it's helped you so far. We look forward to your future reports.

                  So reading about the horror stories led to a flare up even though you were using Mirvaso? So you haven't been clear the whole time? I got a bit confused about that part.
                  No, I was just making a joke about some of these stories freaked me out. I haven't had any issues (redness, itchiness etc...) since I started using Mirvaso.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Darren1980 View Post
                    No, I was just making a joke about some of these stories freaked me out. I haven't had any issues (redness, itchiness etc...) since I started using Mirvaso.
                    Oh! OK! I think it's good to know what to watch for.. so you can take proper action if things become harmful. Forewarned is forearmed.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      My Mirvaso Experience

                      I just stumbled upon this site and this is my first post. I am 52 and have had rosacea my entire adult life, but on Monday went to a dermatologist for the first time ever. Actually he is a PA. I have facial redness and lots of broken capillaries. No pustules or papules.
                      He gave me a sample of Mirvaso and a prescription for metronidazole gel. I decided to do an experiment. I am putting Mirvaso on one side of my face and the metro gel on the other to compare the effects.
                      The result is quite striking. On the metro gel side, I see no effect and wouldn't expect to after only a few days.
                      On the Mirvaso side I am floored by the results. The redness is MARKEDLY reduced on that side and that side (left) is usually redder than the right.
                      So the Mirvaso has greatly reduced the redness.....BUT.....Houston we have a problem. The Mirvaso side of my face is cosmetically much worse looking than before.
                      The reason is that the broken capillaries were largely masked by the redness before Mirvaso. With the background redness reduced, the broken capillaries are much more visible. It's dark red lines on a pale background. It looks pretty terrible. It's like someone made red slashes on a white piece of paper.
                      I am going to keep up the experiment for a few days more.
                      The Mirvaso side is more comfortable and the usual burning sensation I have is greatly alleviated. That side of my face also feels tighter and firmer. I haven't used any of my usual moisturizer or make up so that I can keep my experiment "pure." So overall my face is screaming out for some moisture.
                      I think rosacea people who don't have broken blood vessels may be very pleased with Mirvaso's redness fighting abilities.
                      Thanks for the opportunity to share my experience.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Gardenwalla View Post
                        I just stumbled upon this site and this is my first post. I am 52 and have had rosacea my entire adult life, but on Monday went to a dermatologist for the first time ever. Actually he is a PA. I have facial redness and lots of broken capillaries. No pustules or papules.
                        He gave me a sample of Mirvaso and a prescription for metronidazole gel. I decided to do an experiment. I am putting Mirvaso on one side of my face and the metro gel on the other to compare the effects.
                        The result is quite striking. On the metro gel side, I see no effect and wouldn't expect to after only a few days.
                        On the Mirvaso side I am floored by the results. The redness is MARKEDLY reduced on that side and that side (left) is usually redder than the right.
                        So the Mirvaso has greatly reduced the redness.....BUT.....Houston we have a problem. The Mirvaso side of my face is cosmetically much worse looking than before.
                        The reason is that the broken capillaries were largely masked by the redness before Mirvaso. With the background redness reduced, the broken capillaries are much more visible. It's dark red lines on a pale background. It looks pretty terrible. It's like someone made red slashes on a white piece of paper.
                        I am going to keep up the experiment for a few days more.
                        The Mirvaso side is more comfortable and the usual burning sensation I have is greatly alleviated. That side of my face also feels tighter and firmer. I haven't used any of my usual moisturizer or make up so that I can keep my experiment "pure." So overall my face is screaming out for some moisture.
                        I think rosacea people who don't have broken blood vessels may be very pleased with Mirvaso's redness fighting abilities.
                        Thanks for the opportunity to share my experience.
                        Gardenwalla,

                        Thanks for posting. Let us know your progress. It is difficult to say the least whether to put your experience as either positive or negative. Let's see if you have any of the rebound issues that many have reported later. Please don't leave us in the dark as to what happens to you as two others who also gave ambiguous reports (scroll down to the subheading Ambiguous Reports), not to mention Darren1980 in post #51 above. We need to know what your long term experience with Mirvaso is about.
                        Last edited by Brady Barrows; 17 January 2014, 07:45 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I saw people post positive accounts online in the past two years. I contacted them. They said they stopped using it shortly after that post because it made their condition much worse. Other people realized it had made it worse and they were only using it to treat the damage it had caused.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Glad to Have Mirvaso, 1 year of use so far. Pros and Cons. Photos.

                            Hi,

                            I would say that my experience with Mirvaso has improved my quality of life. I'm a 22 year old male. I have seb derm and persistent facial redness except around eyes (possibly induced by multiple Accutane treatments at around age 16, which did successfully eliminate my severe acne). Before starting Mirvaso, it seemed that my redness had been ever-so-slowly getting worse on its own. It actually gave me considerable social anxiety and starting hurting my self-confidence (even more than my acne had). Between college classes, I would check my face in the mirror and think "yeah... this is really, really bad. I'll sit in the back today." I still had a decent social life going, but I felt it could be so much more if I weren't so self-conscious. I was asked frequently (1-2 times a week) if I were sunburnt, or if I had a "sunglasses tan".

                            When I started using Mirvaso last summer it was clear that 90% of the time, I was significantly above my baseline redness. I was much more excited to leave the house. There were a few times where I was under stress (meeting new people, etc.) that triggered some flare-ups that overpowered Mirvaso, so I did have occasional bad days. I didn't have many "rebounds" in the evening (I remember that I used to apply it in the morning, work all day, then drive across the state to hang out with friends there that evening -- still looking better than baseline). But it seems that before Mirvaso, every day was a bad day. I was happy that more days were good.

                            About 8 months later I became frustrated by having some bad afternoons where it seemed Mirvaso had lost its effectiveness. I started using a tinted moisturizer. This helped a lot with my appearance, I think.

                            Now, a year after first application: Sometimes I am happy all day and don't think about my skin, but other days, I am back to slightly-better-than-baseline within 6-7 hours. One solution is to reapply, but this is quite expensive (I go through a $50 tube once per month typically, at one application/day). The one thing that really bothers me is that I wish I could just forget about my skin after putting things on in the morning. As it is, I have to monitor it. One thing that gives me considerable anxiety is all-day activities with new people (e.g. road trips with new friends). I want to make sure there's a way to secretly wash my face and reapply Mirvaso and tinted moisturizer if I need to.

                            There have been some pretty intense hour-long flushes in the evenings (maybe a few per month) which I didn't get before Mirvaso. Thankfully they typically happen when I'm alone at home. One time, oddly, I felt one coming on during the day at work, and I just left the office. I didn't want to risk embarrassment.

                            I have taken some weekends off of Mirvaso to see how my skin will react. I definitely prefer to stay home in this condition, since it is alarming to me to return to the condition of a year ago. I am not sure whether it's worse or not (since I didn't take many self pics before Mirvaso), but all of the psychological and social symptoms are the same: I wouldn't want to be around people without Mirvaso, and I definitely look sunburnt except around eyes.

                            I will say: If you are struggling with mild redness as a male, don't be afraid to try a tinted moisturizer. Severe redness is different. But if you can, hold on to the fact that your face (probably) has a more consistent shade of red now that it will with Mirvaso. Mirvaso will cause it to fluctuate more, which might cause you some anxiety like it does me. Even if your redness is severe (like mine, as I believe), I would consider staying off Mirvaso since it's a little unpredictable and pretty expensive.

                            One day, I am hoping not to need Mirvaso. I am trying new strategies with my derm and on my own (lifestyle/diet changes, etc). But at the moment, Mirvaso is the most significant help.

                            In the photos you'll
                            - me in blue shirt and coat: that's no Mirvaso, just tinted moisturizer
                            - close up of side of face: that's with Mirvaso and tinted moisturizer, about 6 hours after applying. a great day.
                            - close up wearing black shirt: that is an unfortunate day where it didn't work very well. I have yet to discover why.

                            Best of luck to everyone.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Hi k-fish (play poker ? lol just joking)
                              Thank you very much for your sharing about your journey and mirvaso.
                              May I ask what tinted moisturizer you use ?
                              Thanks again, hope you'll come back to answer and good luck with your skin !! (which is btw great with just the tinted moisturizer)

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Des Esseintes View Post
                                Hi k-fish (play poker ? lol just joking)
                                Thank you very much for your sharing about your journey and mirvaso.
                                May I ask what tinted moisturizer you use ?
                                Thanks again, hope you'll come back to answer and good luck with your skin !! (which is btw great with just the tinted moisturizer)
                                Hi Des, thank you for the kind words! On second look, it is a BB cream -- NYX Cosmetics BB Cream "Natural". I have gone through a few and this is my favorite so far.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X