No announcement yet.

Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha good we need to laugh. I really like that smiley wall!

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
      You say mirvosa, I say mirvaso...... "you say tomata, I say tomato..."

Honestly, she has one tiny microscopic capillary? She appears unbothered, disconnected
      From her face. She's just been working out or lifting boxes. Should the product have
      Only been targeted to individuals with exertion reactions or " maybe a mild case of rosacea?"
      We have REDBURNINGFACES here!

I love it Birde .........

Comment

• Originally posted by nat007 View Post
        Yeh I like all your posts Starlite, I realize it comes across as cynical for some but I think you are spot on. A friend of mine is a surgeon, we went to the same ´sorority´ equivalent in Holland and he often told me about the outrageous offers they get from pharmaceuticals: subscribing their medication and getting holidays in return, gifts, bonuses, you name it. He is disgusted by it all. The more ´inside´ stories you hear, the more you start to realize that it IS actually as crazy as the ´conspiracy´ people always told you. Unfortunately This is just an add indeed and the shiny happy face telling us how simple it all is makes me puke
        Who me? Cynical!?! It's ok to see the truth Nat. It really is THAT crazy.

Comment

• Add me to the list of disappointed users

I posted a longer version already, but the short version is: used Mirpoopoo for 5 days to treat my redness and went about my business pale and not feeling like I needed to wear makeup and then KABOOM! Day 5, 12 hours in I flushed for the first time in my life to a deep almost purple red. It was painful and embarrassing and distressing. My doctor said that this was a normal reaction. o_O I am going to file a complaint with Galderma and the FDA now. This product is utter garbage.

Comment

• It just makes sense

If you think about another drug that causes terrible rebound effects, it just makes sense that Mirvaso would too. After having a terrible experience with nasal spray decongestant that I over used (won't name the brand) rebounding on me, where I literally couldn't breath through my nose for over a month, or more,so it makes sense that Mirvaso would also have a rebound effect. Anything the constricts muscles, blood vessels, etc. will rebound. It's like the people who experimented with the Visine. They all had rebound. I can't imagine anyway around it. Galderma can tell people to use it once in a while for a special occasion, etc...but for long term use it will be a disaster. Just like decongestants, and Visine. They both have terrible rebound effects. At one time steroids were given to Rosacea patients, and look what happened. Most of us have been doing this dance long enough to know to be cautious. I feel sorry for newbie's who believe everything their doctors tell them. I feel badly for the doctors who haven't learned from the experiences of their patients, and I don't feel badly for Galderma, who will be hearing from many people who have been damaged by this drug.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiry View Post
              Well, put me down as another bad responder. After stopping use, I have been flushing (never flushed before) and the redness has increased for sure. It has been 3 days since my last application and things still have not settled down.

I have not heard of a single user that has been able to use this regularly without issue...not a single one. How could something like this even be brought to market? Wow.
              I'm in the same boat. Never flushed before, Used Mirvaso for 2-3 days and now get flushing and burning on one side of my face or the other every afternoon and it lasts for hours. I'm already on a beta blocker and I pray this stops after a while. It's miserable.The only advice from the dermatologist is to stop using it...

Comment

• I have followed the development of Mirvaso for years. Very disappointed to learn that the result came out like this.

Comment

• I have collected anecdotal reports on Mirvaso users in this thread and the other larger one and so far discovered only 6 users so far at RF. Just wanted you to know that one member of the RRDi, Guest_Julie_S has reported her experience with Mirvaso which is in this thread on Mirvaso.

I could use some help collecting anecdotal reports to add to the list.
                  Brady Barrows
                  Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirvaso2013 View Post
                    I done a bit of homework and looked at everyones experience with Mirvaso

I came up with 3 groups

Rebound ............... No Rebound ............... Havent heard back

1. Peruanofutab14 ........ 1. wjs ............................. 1. Metalgear85

2. anon24 .................... 2. MattSeattle .................. 2. truth1911

3. littlelassie ................ 3. jaygee

4. budday

5. wiry

6. Acanthous

7. Ared

8. littleWingies

9. alyfpet

10. Whatisitworth
                    This was very helpful. Sorting through all these posts to find actual user reports is a task.
                    Brady Barrows
                    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

• Mirvaso2013,

I can't find Acanthous' experience with Mirvaso (#6 in your list) nor Ared's experience (#7). I was able to update my list which is more comprehensive than yours, since I actually found three positive anecdotal reports. But the negative number 12 so far. I am still searching through the posts which is no small task indeed.
                      Brady Barrows
                      Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

• Found anon24's comment on Mirvaso.
                        Brady Barrows
                        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                          Mirvaso2013,

I can't find Acanthous' experience with Mirvaso (#6 in your list) nor Ared's experience (#7). I was able to update my list which is more comprehensive than yours, since I actually found three positive anecdotal reports. But the negative number 12 so far. I am still searching through the posts which is no small task indeed.

That's awesome of you Brady, that you are reading through ALL these threads.. Don't forget to take into account what sort of negative responses people report, for instance someone like Alyfpet:

"I thought I was getting a bit better, but that was during a weekend where I did nothing but rest and try to keep my face cool. Back to regular life, and this is a nightmare. My face and neck is hot all of the time, my face is red and my right cheek stings. I mean STINGS and burns. It is just awful. My cheeks are inflamed and puffy.
                          None of this existed before Mirvaso. I mean none of it. I had permanent redness around my nose and ocular symptoms. My face would turn red during a flush, but not unless I was flushing. Now when I flush, forget it. Painful.
                          It has been 6 weeks, so these changes are obviously a deterioration of my condition, and not temporary. If there isn't something else to make this better, I don't see how I can live with this on a daily basis. I won't make it through a summer.
                          Sorry to sound so distraught, but I truly am. And I can't imagine anyone who physically felt the way I do not feeling the same way. What is the motivation to get through each day when each day is uncomfortable, painful, and humiliating. And add to that the guilt from not being able to be a good mother to my 2 year old during this time. I feel just hopeless."

It would be a shame if these sorts of extreme responses to Mirvaso got lost in the cold numbers of 18 against 3...
                          Correction; you do take all these details into account, good inventory on your site http://members.irosacea.org/topic/1513-mirvaso/
                          Thanks!
                          nat007
                          Last edited by nat007; 13 November 2013, 05:41 PM.
                          My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Some background: I am in my early 50's, have suffered with some rosacea since I was a teenager, worse flare ups were during my pregnancies, but for the most part I have mild pinkness on my cheeks, no bumps or discomfort, no real skin sensitivities and I treat the occasional broken capillaries with IPL or VBeam. I use no prescriptions meds and have found a routine of several creams that work well for for me. So, I guess what I'm getting at here is that I think I suffer from a very mild form of rosacea.

When my dermatologist brought this med to my attention, I was very excited. I had expectations that for once I could go out without foundation. So I took the samples, carefully read the insert and actually applied it in the parking lot. Boom! Within 30 minutes the pinkness had dramatically reduced on both cheeks.

At about hour 9, I felt a weird tingling starting on my face and I looked in the mirror and lo and behold, I was experiencing extreme flushing all over my face. It was actually uncomfortable. I washed my face and did my usual nighttime routine and by the morning it had calmed down. I tried it again on day 2, using less and again around hour 9 I had the exact same extreme rebound flushing that was much worse than any flushing I had ever had in my lifetime. What was most concerning though to me was that my eyes were actually burning and red-rimmed too.

I immediately started researching others experience and happened on a few sites (including this) that I immediately joined to share my experience because I think this drug might do well with others, but PROCEED WITH CAUTION. My skin this morning is still very "upset" and I feel like I have made things worse when my skn wasn't all that bad to begin with! I will be very interested to check back with my dermatologist to see how other patients have fared. I wish all the best of luck, but this medication was awful for me.

Comment

• Thank you very much Pitt-Girl for your post and welcome to this forum.
                              I'm sorry to read that you also experienced this disstressing rebound flushing.
                              Even though people might think that patients who are reporting these sorts of severe rebound flaring are part of a small minority only, accounts of people like you are real and by sharing it with us, you helped a lot of readers in getting better understanding of Mirvaso, piece by piece.

all the best and I hope your skin is back to its normal state soon
                              My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                                That's awesome of you Brady, that you are reading through ALL these threads.. Don't forget to take into account what sort of negative responses people report, for instance someone like Alyfpet:

"I thought I was getting a bit better, but that was during a weekend where I did nothing but rest and try to keep my face cool. Back to regular life, and this is a nightmare. My face and neck is hot all of the time, my face is red and my right cheek stings. I mean STINGS and burns. It is just awful. My cheeks are inflamed and puffy.
                                None of this existed before Mirvaso. I mean none of it. I had permanent redness around my nose and ocular symptoms. My face would turn red during a flush, but not unless I was flushing. Now when I flush, forget it. Painful.
                                It has been 6 weeks, so these changes are obviously a deterioration of my condition, and not temporary. If there isn't something else to make this better, I don't see how I can live with this on a daily basis. I won't make it through a summer.
                                Sorry to sound so distraught, but I truly am. And I can't imagine anyone who physically felt the way I do not feeling the same way. What is the motivation to get through each day when each day is uncomfortable, painful, and humiliating. And add to that the guilt from not being able to be a good mother to my 2 year old during this time. I feel just hopeless."

It would be a shame if these sorts of extreme responses to Mirvaso got lost in the cold numbers of 18 against 3...
                                Correction; you do take all these details into account, good inventory on your site http://members.irosacea.org/topic/1513-mirvaso/
                                Thanks!
                                I try to weed through all these posts and glean what the user actually reports, and simply point out to all users Caveat emptor. With the exception of samples, a user has to buy this product, usually paying for the doctor's visit, even with a discount. Caveat emptor is a valid statement for all these users who try a new prescription.
                                Brady Barrows
                                Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
                                X