No announcement yet.

Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the best thing is to just report things as accurate as we can. This forum exists for users to share their experiences. In doing so, there is plenty of warning about the drug. It seems the side effects are just temporary (thank goodness). So it is probably best to just stop using it and move on.

In the end, if rebounds are expected for all (or nearly all), those in the know will associate this drug as having a similar effect as steroids. Short term solution that creates a bigger problem when discontinued.

The downside is that doctors (we have all been there) are usually behind the learning curve when it comes to rosacea. I remember 10-20 years I was getting treated with Retin-A, salycilic acids, etc. because they did not understand rosacea well. That has all changed now, but there is a good possibility that doctors will take the Galderma results at face value and prescribe this drug freely. It will take some time for them to change their opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirvaso2013 View Post
      What a nightmare this has turned out for you .

1. Take days off work

2. Miss the gym

3. Stressing about your skin .back to square one scenario

Galderma

8 years working on Mirvaso . And this is what you throw at us . Totally unacceptable

Someone needs to be held accountable for this disaster .
      It has truly been a nightmare I was so happy when I first used it you have no idea this is really depressing at least my face is getting slightly better ... After each day

Comment

It can by challenging psychologically because the following things happen:

- Hopes are high because there is finally something to deal with the persistent redness
        - Hopes get higher after the initial use since it looks to be working
        - After the rebound, things change. All of the previous hope has been eliminated.
        - Next, you are in a worse state than before Mirvaso. It is demoralizing and you wonder if you have damaged your skin.
        - Then you just want to recover and get back to normal.

So at the end of the day, you take a roller coaster ride and just want to be back to square one. It can be emotionally exhausting. Just hang in there and let it pass. If you didn't use too much, you should be fine. Then don't bother to use it again. It seems everyone (or nearly all) is going through this process. Those who used a lot per treatment or several times seem to be rebounding worse. The rebound time will probably be proportional to the amount used. Hopefully no one goes overboard with this.

If you still want to try it, use just a minimal amount. Then discontinue it immediately to see the rebound effect. If that goes well, maybe try it for two days. But please move slowly with this drug. Some people have horrible rebounds with extended use. Don't do that. Take responsibility for your own health.

Comment

I'm just wondering if anything would help speed up the recovery process like maybe taking a antihistamine / drinking lots of water / eating healthy / using SPF moisturizer when going outside ?? What has helped you guys ?

Comment

I originally contributed to the other mirvaso thread but thought I would also put my experience here. Here it is:

(Also, someone asked if I used mirvaso after reading the forum. I used to well before reading anything on here, the first day my derm received it.) image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

First time posting here. I was diagnosed with rosacea about two years ago- biggest symptoms were moderate to severe flushing and some growing, persistent redness. Tried a few topicals and minocycline over the past year without too much improvement. Had one IPL with really good results- going back for another round and anticipating about three to four total. Was given two Mirvaso samples by the derm. I've included three photos; one of my face while on mirvaso for the first time and two of the horrible rebound flushing I've had. I used mirvaso for two days and then was in class the next day and bam! Started to flush more badly than I ever have before in my life, beyond deep red all the way into purple. So painful and intense that I had to leave class and it took two hours to start going down. Didn't reapply mirvaso but the next day around the same time had another huge flushing episode where I had to leave class, so deep purple. As I walked to my car people were staring and talking under their breath about it. Pictures of rebound flushing are from today- day 3 of flushing intensely at the same time with no trigger, just out of the blue. 2 1/2 hrs later still waiting for sw improvement. I feel extremely sad and frustrated, almost hopeless. Three days ago, before mirvaso and a few weeks after IPL, I was still red but feeling happy, optimistic and like rosacea wasn't that big of a deal. This flushing is debilitating; not sure what to do anymore. Just thought I would add my experience here.

Comment

I done a bit of homework and looked at everyones experience with Mirvaso

I came up with 3 groups

Rebound ............... No Rebound ............... Havent heard back

1. Peruanofutab14 ........ 1. wjs ............................. 1. Metalgear85

2. anon24 .................... 2. MattSeattle .................. 2. truth1911

3. littlelassie ................ 3. jaygee

4. budday

5. wiry

6. Acanthous

7. Ared

8. littleWingies

9. alyfpet

10. Whatisitworth
              Mirvaso2013
              This user has been banned from this forum
              Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 14 October 2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatisitworth View Post
                I originally contributed to the other mirvaso thread but thought I would also put my experience here. Here it is:

(Also, someone asked if I used mirvaso after reading the forum. I used to well before reading anything on here, the first day my derm received it.) [ATTACH=CONFIG]2040[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2041[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2042[/ATTACH]

First time posting here. I was diagnosed with rosacea about two years ago- biggest symptoms were moderate to severe flushing and some growing, persistent redness. Tried a few topicals and minocycline over the past year without too much improvement. Had one IPL with really good results- going back for another round and anticipating about three to four total. Was given two Mirvaso samples by the derm. I've included three photos; one of my face while on mirvaso for the first time and two of the horrible rebound flushing I've had. I used mirvaso for two days and then was in class the next day and bam! Started to flush more badly than I ever have before in my life, beyond deep red all the way into purple. So painful and intense that I had to leave class and it took two hours to start going down. Didn't reapply mirvaso but the next day around the same time had another huge flushing episode where I had to leave class, so deep purple. As I walked to my car people were staring and talking under their breath about it. Pictures of rebound flushing are from today- day 3 of flushing intensely at the same time with no trigger, just out of the blue. 2 1/2 hrs later still waiting for sw improvement. I feel extremely sad and frustrated, almost hopeless. Three days ago, before mirvaso and a few weeks after IPL, I was still red but feeling happy, optimistic and like rosacea wasn't that big of a deal. This flushing is debilitating; not sure what to do anymore. Just thought I would add my experience here.
                What day are you on without the use of mirvaso ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirvaso2013 View Post
                  I done a bit of homework and looked at everyones experience with Mirvaso

I came up with 3 groups

Rebound ............... No Rebound ............... Havent heard back

1. Peruanofutab14 ........ 1. wjs ............................. 1. Metalgear85

2. anon24 .................... 2. MattSeattle .................. 2. truth1911

3. littlelassie ................ 3. jaygee

4. budday

5. wiry

6. Acanthous

7. Ared

8. littleWingies

9. alyfpet

10. Whatisitworth

So we have heard 15 users share their Mirvaso experience with us .

If there is anyone else . Please let me know.

Comment

I think wjs actually indicated he had rebounds, but stopped it via steroids. So that is not really "no rebounds". And I am not sure MattSeattle would quality as no rebounds either since he stopped posting shortly after use. In my case, it took several days to start going south (after the first use). I think to qualify as "no rebounds" you need to use it several times, have stopped for several day and not witnessed any adverse effects.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiry View Post
                      I think wjs actually indicated he had rebounds, but stopped it via steroids. So that is not really "no rebounds". And I am not sure MattSeattle would quality as no rebounds either since he stopped posting shortly after use. In my case, it took several days to start going south (after the first use). I think to qualify as "no rebounds" you need to use it several times, have stopped for several day and not witnessed any adverse effects.
                      Thanks mate.

I will update it again by the end of the week

Comment

• How you guys doing with your "recovery" process lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Peruanofutbal14 View Post
                          How you guys doing with your "recovery" process lol
                          Not sure what the "lol" is about. I can tell you without a doubt that my 3 days of Mirvaso use progressed my condition. I am 3 weeks since last use and my rebound is through, but my condition is worse. I am trying to hold on day by day until I see my derm again in two weeks in hopes that another drug will help get me back to where I was before this nightmare. Before Mirvaso I had permanent redness around my nose with flushing on the rest of my nose and cheeks periodically. Now, Everywhere I would flush before is constantly red. And when I flush the stinging and burning is worse and my chin turns red too. I have never flushed on my chin for the many years I've had this condition. This has been an absolute nightmare for me, and there is nothing funny about it.

Comment

• I think the "lol" was meant to serve as a form of levity since Peruanofutbal14 is experience problems as well.

The worst part of the rebound is over for me, but I too seem to be worse than baseline at a week out from stopping use. Hopefully it just takes time for it to calm down. This stuff does the opposite of help rosaceans. Really dissapointed in Galderma and the FDA, but at least the forum is here to help keep us informed and try to move on.

Comment

• I noticed that two of Galderma's folks are on Twitter and were talking about a meeting launching the product to Phoenix drs. Right when it came out one of them tweeted pics of him with the product on - at normal and then 60 mins after. But that was all about it I saw.

I just continue to be surprised that a flood of adverse reports aren't pouring in yet. It's been out for over a month now.

I'm having my own set of non-Mirvaso flushing issues going on right now - but I continue to be glad I didn't try this. I would have had double the trouble.

Whatisitworth, those photos break my heart! My heart goes out to everyone who is recovering.

Comment

• Originally posted by alyfpet View Post
                                Not sure what the "lol" is about. I can tell you without a doubt that my 3 days of Mirvaso use progressed my condition. I am 3 weeks since last use and my rebound is through, but my condition is worse. I am trying to hold on day by day until I see my derm again in two weeks in hopes that another drug will help get me back to where I was before this nightmare. Before Mirvaso I had permanent redness around my nose with flushing on the rest of my nose and cheeks periodically. Now, Everywhere I would flush before is constantly red. And when I flush the stinging and burning is worse and my chin turns red too. I have never flushed on my chin for the many years I've had this condition. This has been an absolute nightmare for me, and there is nothing funny about it.
                                I apologize for the "lol" your right nothing is funny about what mirvaso is causing believe me when I say I wish i too never put this stuff on , I'm 4 days off and can tell the papules are less red and calming but my cheeks continue to be red , as I'm typing this my face is burning .... My experience with derm. Are bad but I hope yours has a solution ... I don't think ill ever go back to one each time i do ... I end up having be stuck at home depressed for two weeks until my face calms down

Comment

Working...
                                X