Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another brief Mirvaso nightmare

Originally posted by Starlite View Post
    Ared, please file an "adverse reaction" report both with the manufacture and the FDA. Thank you for coming on and sharing your experience. I truly hope your symptoms recede rapidly and fully.
    I'm an Accutane-induced flusher from head to chest...tried a tiny bit of Mirvaso once at 8pm on Monday (just on my face) - worked amazingly well for 20 hours (both in combating redness and blocking flushing - I looked unnaturally pale, honestly, and tested it on a few beers in a fairly unfamiliar environment), and I've been experiencing extreme rebound flushing with a much, much lower threshold nonstop since it wore off 4pm on Tuesday (it's presently 51 hours since I first took it). Usually flushing lasts about 30 mins and dissipates into a red glow for me, but these rebound flushes last two to three hours, with dark outlines around my eyes the entire time. These rebound flushes provide enough body heat to to stand outside naked and comfortably in the winter, and they grow patch by patch where the Mirvaso was applied, until the whole face is redder than my worst flushes before.

Docs all want me to take either this or systemic vasoconstrictors (propranolol, etc.) non-stop in an effort to produce "vascular rest," but they all seem to have bad rebound effects.

Anyone know how long this is supposed to last? I was doing fine with my previous "leave it alone" technique, save for taking the occasional antihistamine before drinking or beta-blocker before a presentation, and I'd like to get back to that (especially since skin drugs [accutane] got me here in the first place).

Comment

Hello, thanks for sharing your expericene with mirvaso. I am really excited with it.

Please!! I am from Spain. In a deep crisis. Someone can do me the favor to get me this mirvaso?? i am really desperate with this rosácea and flushing and blushing. My email blushinglife@gmail.com please, i am a serious person that need help.

Comment

O.K. You scared me off!

I've been a severe flusher for more than 30 years, and my dermatologist gave me a sample of Mirvaso to try. But I'm already having some success with Atenolol, finally! So I don't plan on being a guinea pig for Galderma. For those who are straight flushers with no other complications, why not try a beta blocker? And for those who have had such terrible rebound flushing, maybe beta blockers would help you recover too.

Comment

Well, put me down as another bad responder. After stopping use, I have been flushing (never flushed before) and the redness has increased for sure. It has been 3 days since my last application and things still have not settled down.

I have not heard of a single user that has been able to use this regularly without issue...not a single one. How could something like this even be brought to market? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by wiry View Post
            Well, put me down as another bad responder. After stopping use, I have been flushing (never flushed before) and the redness has increased for sure. It has been 3 days since my last application and things still have not settled down.

I have not heard of a single user that has been able to use this regularly without issue...not a single one. How could something like this even be brought to market? Wow.

Negative comments about Mirvaso ...

I don't believe you ...

Comment

Thanks so much for the updates here people. I'm so sorry that some report bad rebound flushing. Its no surprise to me and things should calm down and normalize again in a day or 5. Or so they did to me and I used small and big doses of the active ingredient Brimonidine on my face (also had horrendous rebound flushing, like some tsunami that was impossible to calm down, had frozen cold packs wrapped up in cloths at both cheeks for hours on end and not even a dent in the flushing and massive heat outpouring). But it did normalize again for me with time.

Thanks for sharing and despite the stress you are going through now, you did a lot of readers here a great service by honestly reporting your experiences. Thanks and please update us how you are doing some more days down the line?
              My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

The question is not how Mirvaso has helped you, but how long does it take to recover from Mirvaso use. I am just hoping to get back to my pre Mirvaso condition. I wish I did not hear of it.

Consider yourself lucky if it has not been available to you. If you wish to use it now, you are playing with fire. In fact, until there is a single person that states they can use it as directed, why would you even want to try it? The downside is too great and the upside is temporary at best. Saddens me that Galderma produced it and the FDA approved it. They had to have known this was possible/probable based on prior reports. It was no secret.

Comment

The question is not how Mirvaso has helped you, but how long does it take to recover from Mirvaso use. I am just hoping to get back to my pre Mirvaso condition. I wish I did not hear of it.

Consider yourself lucky if it has not been available to you. If you wish to use it now, you are playing with fire. In fact, until there is a single person that states they can use it as directed, why would you even want to try it? The downside is too great and the upside is temporary at best. Saddens me that Galderma produced it and the FDA approved it. They had to have known this was possible/probable based on prior reports. It was no secret.

Thanks for all your posts mate . hopefully it all goes back to normal for you .

Comment

Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                    Thanks so much for the updates here people. I'm so sorry that some report bad rebound flushing. Its no surprise to me and things should calm down and normalize again in a day or 5. Or so they did to me and I used small and big doses of the active ingredient Brimonidine on my face (also had horrendous rebound flushing, like some tsunami that was impossible to calm down, had frozen cold packs wrapped up in cloths at both cheeks for hours on end and not even a dent in the flushing and massive heat outpouring). But it did normalize again for me with time.

Thanks for sharing and despite the stress you are going through now, you did a lot of readers here a great service by honestly reporting your experiences. Thanks and please update us how you are doing some more days down the line?
                    Can you explain your experience with the "rebound" from the day you stop using mirvaso til the day you felt you were back at baseline redness please

Comment

I had the paleness, then after like 7 or 8 hours the redness came back through in patches and they burned really bad and were hot. I kept reapplying at that point but that didn't help anymore eventually. Had bad deep dark redness and flushing and a very hot throbbing face for at least 24 hours and then every day after that slowly lessening in intensity. Was at least 5 days till skin seemed to act a bit normal again and not as reactive and bright red.

How are you doing? Is the rebound calming down already?
                      My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                        I had the paleness, then after like 7 or 8 hours the redness came back through in patches and they burned really bad and were hot. I kept reapplying at that point but that didn't help anymore eventually. Had bad deep dark redness and flushing and a very hot throbbing face for at least 24 hours and then every day after that slowly lessening in intensity. Was at least 5 days till skin seemed to act a bit normal again and not as reactive and bright red.

How are you doing? Is the rebound calming down already?
                        Day one off mirvaso my left cheek had 4 extremely red dots surrounded by pink skin right cheek had pinkish dots surrounded by pink skin ... Today woke up with my left with at least 12 red dots surrounded by red skin... Right cheek wasn't as bad but it's 430pm and both sides seem to be equally bad ... I'm guess my face will get worse tomorrow and after that get better cause I don't think my face could get anymore red what really bothers me is the pimple like dots on my face .... It's very depressing I called off work today and I work again Monday hopefully it'll be calmer by then

Comment

Try to relax a bit. It seems that your skin does recover, it just takes time. The first reaction is "what the heck is going on? Did I just make things worse". It seems most people recover, but it takes some time. I am almost a week from stopping use and almost back to normal. Probably just a few more days or maybe a week until I am fully recovered. Just hang in there and get through it without thinking about it too much.

Comment

Try to relax a bit. It seems that your skin does recover, it just takes time. The first reaction is "what the heck is going on? Did I just make things worse". It seems most people recover, but it takes some time. I am almost a week from stopping use and almost back to normal. Probably just a few more days or maybe a week until I am fully recovered. Just hang in there and get through it without thinking about it too much.
                            I'm trying my best .... I literally stayed home all day for the past two days instead of work and going to the gym and today ill do the same ... My left cheek looks better just redness n can barely see the papules right side is still the same as yesterday

Comment

I was wondering if going to the gym would worsen or prolong my recovery time ? Usually my face gets red when I go but calms after 1-2 hours anybody gone to the gym during this time ?

Comment

Originally posted by Peruanofutbal14 View Post
                                I'm trying my best .... I literally stayed home all day for the past two days instead of work and going to the gym and today ill do the same ... My left cheek looks better just redness n can barely see the papules right side is still the same as yesterday
                                What a nightmare this has turned out for you .

1. Take days off work

2. Miss the gym

3. Stressing about your skin .back to square one scenario

Galderma

8 years working on Mirvaso . And this is what you throw at us . Totally unacceptable

Someone needs to be held accountable for this disaster .
                                Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 13 October 2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X