No announcement yet.

Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notified my derm today of this dicussion and asked if other patients had rported feedback. Doc dismissed it - said hadn't "heard of rebound yet but it's only temporary anyway".

Comment

In my opinion, don't listen to your doctor about topicals, or most medications, especially Mirvaso in this case. You do way more research, and are much more informed on the drug than your doctor ever will be. They understand biology and physiology, no doubt, but I think 99% of doctors just spew what the drug companies tell them. You have to be your own physician nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by hg24 View Post
        I notified my derm today of this dicussion and asked if other patients had rported feedback. Doc dismissed it - said hadn't "heard of rebound yet but it's only temporary anyway".
        It's awful when Docs are so dismissive. Anyone who has read this thread knows more about this drug then they do. If you had a rebound reaction and your Doc dismisses it, go right over their head an report it to the company that produces it and the FDA. Start documenting.

Originally posted by anon24 View Post
        In my opinion, don't listen to your doctor about topicals, or most medications, especially Mirvaso in this case. You do way more research, and are much more informed on the drug than your doctor ever will be. They understand biology and physiology, no doubt, but I think 99% of doctors just spew what the drug companies tell them. You have to be your own physician nowadays.
        You hit the nail on the head. The pharmaceutical companies also fund the universities the Doctors learn medicine from. Could their knowledge base be any more biased?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirvaso2013 View Post
          Agreed

Maybe there is no solution

And its not rocket science to know that the more you put on the bigger the rebound

I would love to see how useful Mirvaso 0.1 strenght would be .

And not one other person on this forum bar myself and you nat007 are not even interested in finding out also
          I tried the Alphagan brimonidine 1.5 strength eye drops. This was mixed with some moisturizer. Unfortunately, after 3 days use, I suffered terrible rebound. From the feedback to date, Mirvaso has not solved the issue and will not be an option for serious flushers.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik1967 View Post
            I tried the Alphagan brimonidine 1.5 strength eye drops. This was mixed with some moisturizer. Unfortunately, after 3 days use, I suffered terrible rebound. From the feedback to date, Mirvaso has not solved the issue and will not be an option for serious flushers.
            Thanks for your reply mate .

1.. Are you a Flusher ?

2.. How long did the 1.5 strenght last for.

And is that roughly half the strenght of Mirvaso ?

3.. Did it stop you from flushing ?

4.. If you used it just as a once off .

Would you still suffer rebound ?.Because you used it 3 days in a row
            Mirvaso2013
            This user has been banned from this forum
            Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 7 October 2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

British people stop worrying and causing a storm before even trying this.

Its supposed to be a miracle drug but like all of them, some work for some, and others do not.

It will be out in the UK some time next year.

Until then, stop worrying.

If some one has great success with it, im sure they will run along to the forum to share with us.

Hopefully people who just flush, will let us know it works...becuase thats what im interested in!

If its just facial redness, well that could also help to as im sure it would bring the flushing and bad thoughts down.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop View Post
                British people stop worrying and causing a storm before even trying this.

Its supposed to be a miracle drug but like all of them, some work for some, and others do not.

It will be out in the UK some time next year.

Until then, stop worrying.

If some one has great success with it, im sure they will run along to the forum to share with us.

Hopefully people who just flush, will let us know it works...becuase thats what im interested in!

If its just facial redness, well that could also help to as im sure it would bring the flushing and bad thoughts down.

I don't see any British people

Comment

Originally posted by Mirvaso2013 View Post
                  I don't see any British people
                  I'm British!

Comment

Originally posted by red11 View Post
                    I'm British!
                    - - and so am I.

The reason there aren't many British contributors to this thread should be apparent from the header "Mirvaso user experience" and the fact that there aren't very many non-USA users so far.

Comment

Does anyone know if this can be used to help IPL damage? The damage has caused extra redness, so why can't this redness be helped by using Mirvaso?

I am 8 months on from IPL and I had damage which has not improved. Been a very very tough 8 months to say the least. Depression sucks!

(A nice big thanks to the IPL practitioner who told me it was totally safe and laughed at me because i was so concerned and had reservations.).

Hopefully this topical can help a bit of the damage

Comment

Originally posted by burnforyou View Post
                        Does anyone know if this can be used to help IPL damage? The damage has caused extra redness, so why can't this redness be helped by using Mirvaso?

I am 8 months on from IPL and I had damage which has not improved. Been a very very tough 8 months to say the least. Depression sucks!

(A nice big thanks to the IPL practitioner who told me it was totally safe and laughed at me because i was so concerned and had reservations.).

Hopefully this topical can help a bit of the damage
                        Did you read the thread? Yes, all 60 some pages. Your skin is worth the time.

Comment

Seems we don't have too many more new users of Mirvaso? One would have thought that there would be more people coming on here to talk about this as more people get it from their doctor? I've been having a new flushing problem over the last five days or so , so I haven't touched my sample tube of Mirvaso. I'm too afraid right now.

I told myself I'd hang back and see how the drug did for others and monitor initial reports. It seems odd to me that it's like the sound of crickets out there in the dermatology news world. There was so much written about Mirvaso when the FDA approved it - I would have thought we'd be reading something about how patients like it?

Do you all think this silence is telling? Or that it's just still too new to hear feedback from the medical community?

Comment

Originally posted by hg24 View Post
                            Seems we don't have too many more new users of Mirvaso? One would have thought that there would be more people coming on here to talk about this as more people get it from their doctor? I've been having a new flushing problem over the last five days or so , so I haven't touched my sample tube of Mirvaso. I'm too afraid right now.

I told myself I'd hang back and see how the drug did for others and monitor initial reports. It seems odd to me that it's like the sound of crickets out there in the dermatology news world. There was so much written about Mirvaso when the FDA approved it - I would have thought we'd be reading something about how patients like it?

Do you all think this silence is telling? Or that it's just still too new to hear feedback from the medical community?

We all got excited over nothing mate

Because Mirvaso is a disaster
                            Mirvaso2013
                            This user has been banned from this forum
                            Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 9 October 2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Proceed With Caution

Since being diagnosed with rosacea I have never bothered to check out online communities but my experience with Mirvaso has inspired me to change that so that others will not suffer what I am going through.

Until last week, I had what I would call moderate to mild rosacea - I maintained a nice blush, flushed with a trigger and occasionally got welts and spots. Now, after less than a week on Mirvaso my entire face is intermittently and randomly beet red, burning, inflamed and flushes with barely any provocation. So badly in fact that people around me are commenting. I have had rosacea for over a year with barely any remarks on my appearance.

When I got the sample I applied it and was thrilled with the result. I finally looked like my old self. I got remarks on how great my skin looked. That only lasted one day. By the 2nd day I was getting some breakthrough patches. I thought maybe I had missed a few spots and put more on. It took the redness away. So far so good I thought. By the 3rd day I was getting larger and more severe breakthrough redness. By the end of the week I was flushing in odd patterns and at random times. I stopped using Mirvaso but the spotches and severe flushing continued. I am now on day 5 without Mirvaso and my skin has still not returned to normal. People that I interact with daily are remarking and asking what is wrong with me.

I pray this stuff has not permanently damaged my already sensitive skin. I did see my dermatologist who seemed shocked by my appearance based on the press about Mirvaso and said that they would proceed with caution with other patients based on what was going on with me.

I frankly can't believe this stuff was approved by the FDA; it is clear that many of us are reacting badly to it. It is both physically and emotionally devastating to people who are already self conscious and suffering.

Comment

Ared, please file an "adverse reaction" report both with the manufacture and the FDA. Thank you for coming on and sharing your experience. I truly hope your symptoms recede rapidly and fully.

Comment

Working...
                                X