• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    SPKernan

• SPKernan
    replied
    Hello all,

This is my first time ever posting in any thread like this. I've been dealing with rosacea on my nose, and outward on my cheeks sense I was in my last year of highschool; I'm now 25. I've been visiting the dermatologist consistently during these years, trying to find something to help clear up the redness on my face.

Now do not get me wrong, everything I have been using up to this point has really helped, just with moisturizing and what not. I no longer have flakyness, I'm a bit less red than I used to be, but I'm still at a point where I am not comfortable just being out and about. Now, other than cold, I have no triggers which makes my rosacea worse. I drink alcohol on a regular basis, I drink coffee every morning, and I eat spicy food (ok, the spicy food may make my ENTIRE face red, but that's just because I don't like spicy food). However, the cold really makes me red and, especially with wind. I also think that one of the reasons I look so red during the cold months is because I'm not as tan; my skin tone is lighter, so the redness is just more predominant.

Now, 4 days ago I was introduced to Mirvaso by my dermatologist. She told me that I would put it on that for some it works, and for others it doesn't. So, I did not get my hopes up, but like most, I was soooo excited to try it out that I ran home and put it on. I only used about a pea size and spread it over the red areas. OOOH MY GOD!!!! I'VE FOUND HEAVEN!!!! This, like most people, is immediately what I thought. I have found the holly grail. I don't understand how it works but heck I don't care! I'm CURED!!!

Wrong. Now, two days ago was Thanksgiving and the night before that is the biggest drinking day of the year! So of course, I went out.....and if I had known what was going to happen, I wouldn't have. My face was the brightest, deepest shade of red after I took my first sip of beer, worse than it had ever been in my life! I can just see myself sitting with all my friends, oblivious to how my face looks, just thinking that I had finally found a cure for a problem that I had suffered from for years. That is until I went into the bathroom, and my entire world shattered....(That may seem a bit dramatic, but anyone else reading that has suffered from rosasea, or any other problem like this, knows, that it HIGHLY correlates to your mood).

The next day was Thanksgiving. I put the cream on just the same as the day before because I still wasn't sure about anything. My sister came over and we wanted to have a beer before we met up with family while I was making food. At this point I did not know that alcohol was triggering the redness. I drank one beer, and we were on our way to meet up with our family when I went to the bathroom........I thought that the bar was bad, this was unhuman. I took the long way hoping it would go down. It did not. I got to my family, ran into the bathroom where I sat, coming up with an excuse to leave. And then I did. I went to my parents house and slept for about an hour, humiliated and just so depressed.

When I woke up and went to the mirror, TADA!!! MAGIC! Perfect, clear, redless skin! ALRIGHT! Lets go see the family! Well, with my Irish family, we were all drinking heavily....What was I thinking....I guess I just still wasn't sure, this was still only my second day on the Mirvaso so I still had a lot of questions about everything. It again, was so embarrassing...

The next day I didn't point the Mirvaso on. I don't know what was happening with my skin, about about every hour or so, my face would flare up, bright red, get a little warm, and I didn't know what to do. I read read other reviews that if you don't use it, your skin can react. Luckily I didn't have much to do that day, so I just let it go. It was still miserable. I was just so confused about how it works.

And finally today, I decided to use Mirvaso again because I WANT my redless skin! It worked perfectly, 10min after I put it on, during working out at the gym, walking out in the cold and wind, everything. My skin was redless. However, then my friends wanted to drink, and I took two sips of wine and BAM! BRIGHT RED FACE.......

I just don't know. Is this temporary? Will my face stop getting red from drinking alcohol? IF SO, then this product is AMAZING FOR ME. If my skin will continue to get bright red and burn a bit after I drink alcohol, then I will stop using it. Its just not worth being unhumanly red after a few sips of alcohol, as opposed to just being an acceptable level of red throughout the entire day. I don't know.

Please, let me know what your comments are, and I will post in about a week too to let everyone know whats going on!

Leave a comment:

• FaceRouge

• FaceRouge
    replied
    I tried it on one cheeks just one time. I can see the rebound very well, and 4 days after I don't fully recovery to baseline redness.

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    Actually eleven minutes. Johnabetts, you have an eagle eye for details.

Leave a comment:

• johnabetts

• johnabetts
    replied
    Originally posted by heats77 View Post
    I tried and It works great for me. The trick is to use a small amount, rather than splash it on !!!
    How does this message correspond with your previous one posted with 15 minute of each other:

Hi has anyone tried this stuff, seems to be too good to be true.....?

Can anyone offer any alternatives for getting the redness down, any good creams out there ? I know the creams all promise this and that but are there any that actually really work!!!!!!??

Leave a comment:

• heats77

• heats77
    replied
    Mirvaso

I tried and It works great for me. The trick is to use a small amount, rather than splash it on !!!

Leave a comment:

• Au106

• Au106
    replied
    GUYS! Do not try this, my doctor prescribed this to me to help with the redness, on the first day after 30 mins my redness was GONE! I could not believe it it was like what it looked like back in the old days, however later that day it got worse but i was still optimistic. 2nd day i tried it although and after a Gym session i looked in the mirror and my nose was flused...this hasn;t happened for a year.

I use to have flushing but it has was gone because my redness use to be severe now it isn't as bad, anyway i dispose it the 2nd day and my skin has gone back to normal.

All i can say is Thank god for these forums and the internet otherwise i would of kept using it to see if it would work. What waste of £50

My doc has current prescribed me with lymecycline capsules, even if i don't have acne, i'm uncertain if it will help with the redness, but it's the only think that might work.

Leave a comment:

• stormydown

• stormydown
    replied
    My face started calming down in the middle of the day and then flared up worse than before after dinner (picture below - it uploaded sideways for some reason), probably from the hot food. In my 26 years my face has never done anything like this. I regret using this drug with every fiber of my being.

20141023_203210.jpg

Leave a comment:

• davekelly

• davekelly
    replied
    Originally posted by stormydown View Post
    I'm 26 and female. Wanted to share my experience with Mirvaso.

I had great skin in high school that got worse in my early 20s. Nothing horrible -- mostly hormonal breakouts and some zits. I went to my dermatologist for a 3 month checkup this past Monday so he could gauge how I was faring on Retin-A, a sulfur wash, and clindamyacin for spot treatments. My skin has been pretty good overall.

I mentioned how I always have a little bit of redness (made obvious by my very pale skin), even when my skin is mostly clear -- except in the week before my period, when my skin gets extremely dry and I get a few dry red patches along my jawline. As soon as that week is over my skin returns to normal, though the faint marks from those red patches are always there. It's obviously a hormonal flareup of some kind.

My derm said a while ago that I have rosacea. After reading a lot about rosacea, I wasn't so sure -- a lot of the redness on my face seems to be hyperpigmentation from old pimples and such that just take forever to fade because I'm so fair. I don't get red other than after working out or taking a hot shower, I don't flush, etc. etc. But if he wanted to call it rosacea, I was fine with that. I certainly don't have a medical degree.

In my appointment on Monday I asked if there was anything that could be done about the redness, and he said no, other than laser treatments. But then he mentioned a new topical that had come on the market that could supposedly help -- Mirvaso. He gave me a few samples (so I didn't get any drug info with them) and sent a prescription to my pharmacy.

I didn't think to look the stuff up online. I used it for the first time on Tuesday morning at around 8am, put my foundation on, went about my business. That night, after working out, I took my makeup off and hopped in the shower. I was shocked at how pale and smooth my skin looked even after a workout and a hot shower (I know many people have complained about how pale they look with Mirvaso, but since I'm so fair that's exactly the result I wanted). This was probably around 7pm. I was honestly thrilled with the results. My skin looked amazing.

I made dinner and a little bit later started to notice a little of the redness coming back. Since the Mirvaso had worked so well, I thought maybe it was something I ate that did it? I started researching possible skin reactions to dairy. When I was getting ready for bed I applied a skin brightener I've used a few times before and my usual moisturizer. An hour later I went to brush my teeth and saw my face was bright red on my cheeks. I hadn't used the skin brightener recently, so I thought that was the culprit. I immediately washed it off and applied just my moisturizer.

The next morning (yesterday) my face looked pretty normal. I applied Mirvaso again, did my foundation, went about my business. But a bit past lunchtime I went to the restroom and noticed that my face was turning red underneath my foundation. I knew this time it had to be the Mirvaso, and during the day I did a lot of reading about it. I got home and washed my makeup and the Mirvaso off, and my cheeks were bright red and blotchy. There was a little patchiness and redness this morning, but as the day has progressed my cheeks have gotten redder and redder, I suppose from the withdrawal.

I'm livid. My derm didn't tell me any potential side effects and I'm now 10x redder than I ever was before Mirvaso -- remember, if I do have rosacea it's extremely mild. I'm hoping that since I only used it for 2 days it'll go away quickly, but I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and I don't want to look like a tomato.

I took a picture to send my mother, and it's below. The results of modern medicine!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2811[/ATTACH]
    You see this is what Im trying to explain to people

I. Mirvaso in its current Form is too strong

2. Using this every day is recipe for Disaster . ( And in your case it only took 2 days to have you looking like this )

Galderma do not care about us . And your case is further proof of that . And your scumbag dermatologist hasn't got a clue .

Leave a comment:

• stormydown

• stormydown
    replied
    New poster - my negative Mirvaso experience

I'm 26 and female. Wanted to share my experience with Mirvaso.

I had great skin in high school that got worse in my early 20s. Nothing horrible -- mostly hormonal breakouts and some zits. I went to my dermatologist for a 3 month checkup this past Monday so he could gauge how I was faring on Retin-A, a sulfur wash, and clindamyacin for spot treatments. My skin has been pretty good overall.

I mentioned how I always have a little bit of redness (made obvious by my very pale skin), even when my skin is mostly clear -- except in the week before my period, when my skin gets extremely dry and I get a few dry red patches along my jawline. As soon as that week is over my skin returns to normal, though the faint marks from those red patches are always there. It's obviously a hormonal flareup of some kind.

My derm said a while ago that I have rosacea. After reading a lot about rosacea, I wasn't so sure -- a lot of the redness on my face seems to be hyperpigmentation from old pimples and such that just take forever to fade because I'm so fair. I don't get red other than after working out or taking a hot shower, I don't flush, etc. etc. But if he wanted to call it rosacea, I was fine with that. I certainly don't have a medical degree.

In my appointment on Monday I asked if there was anything that could be done about the redness, and he said no, other than laser treatments. But then he mentioned a new topical that had come on the market that could supposedly help -- Mirvaso. He gave me a few samples (so I didn't get any drug info with them) and sent a prescription to my pharmacy.

I didn't think to look the stuff up online. I used it for the first time on Tuesday morning at around 8am, put my foundation on, went about my business. That night, after working out, I took my makeup off and hopped in the shower. I was shocked at how pale and smooth my skin looked even after a workout and a hot shower (I know many people have complained about how pale they look with Mirvaso, but since I'm so fair that's exactly the result I wanted). This was probably around 7pm. I was honestly thrilled with the results. My skin looked amazing.

I made dinner and a little bit later started to notice a little of the redness coming back. Since the Mirvaso had worked so well, I thought maybe it was something I ate that did it? I started researching possible skin reactions to dairy. When I was getting ready for bed I applied a skin brightener I've used a few times before and my usual moisturizer. An hour later I went to brush my teeth and saw my face was bright red on my cheeks. I hadn't used the skin brightener recently, so I thought that was the culprit. I immediately washed it off and applied just my moisturizer.

The next morning (yesterday) my face looked pretty normal. I applied Mirvaso again, did my foundation, went about my business. But a bit past lunchtime I went to the restroom and noticed that my face was turning red underneath my foundation. I knew this time it had to be the Mirvaso, and during the day I did a lot of reading about it. I got home and washed my makeup and the Mirvaso off, and my cheeks were bright red and blotchy. There was a little patchiness and redness this morning, but as the day has progressed my cheeks have gotten redder and redder, I suppose from the withdrawal.

I'm livid. My derm didn't tell me any potential side effects and I'm now 10x redder than I ever was before Mirvaso -- remember, if I do have rosacea it's extremely mild. I'm hoping that since I only used it for 2 days it'll go away quickly, but I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and I don't want to look like a tomato.

I took a picture to send my mother, and it's below. The results of modern medicine!

mirvaso.jpg
    stormydown
    Last edited by stormydown; 23 October 2014, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• It will work

• It will work
    replied
    Mirvaso was very bad for me

About myself: female, 29 eoa, Mild to Medium Rosacea (mostly redness on cheeks and temples and enhanced capillaris).

My experience was like many others I guess. First, it was like a miracle. Wow since I first was diagnosed with rosacea I could go outside with no make up, my face was actually of normal color. That was Tuesday. After applying the gel in the morning the redness would disappear and do not come back for about 10 hours. That was good for me.

I think on Sunday (that makes it the 6th day of use of Mirvaso) the burning started in the morning. My face was as red as broiled lobster and it burned. I did not make the connection. I applied Mirvaso again and in an hour or so it worked as before. The redness disappeared but the filing of burning was still there. The same happened next 2 days. Wednesday (that makes it the 9th day) was the last day I used it. I checked the forums and side effects and found the burning and flashing was very common among the users. You know how it is when you have hope you see only the good effects and when something happens you see the side affects posts. I do not blame my doctor for suggesting Mirvaso, I would have asked myself because I had hope that it will work.

Anyways, on the first day of NOT using Mirvaso the my face was so red and burning baaaad like I never experienced before. Even the make up did not help. Moreover, I felt that my make up was melting of my face, that how bad it was. On top of it the COLOR of my face - not just red but almost purple. Thats when I started to read the threads of Mirvaso users' experience. I was so scared. People were reporting weeks of burning and redness worse than before using. Like I said I do not blame the doctor, I blame the FDA that approved a drug, which clearly has side effects more severe than the actual degree of help. After all Mirvaso suppose to be a cosmetic fix not a permanent fix of the problem.

Remedy

By Monday-Tuesday (that makes it about 6 days after stopping Mirvaso) I was back to about what I had before.
    What helped me: During the day I used Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer (+powder to cover the redness. By the way I use MAC Total Fix, which is great for me). At night I would wash my face with cleaning foam (to get rid of make up), then I washed my face with Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap (I would leave soap's foam for a few minutes), then after washing the soap I would wash my face with Avene Antitougeurs Cleansing Milk (do not confuse with Aveno). For the night I did not apply anything. That would leave my face dry but less burning (on the 1st day of not using I tried to apply moisturizer over night and it did not work well).

Anyways, by day 5 or 6 I was more or less ok. It has been 17 days since I stopped using Mirvaso and it seems Iam ok overall. I think I finally found two products that definately work for me to control the redness: 1. Grandpa's Pine Tart Soap and 2. Aveno Ultra Calmig Moisturizer.

But I will keep trying to look for other remedies. Since, the redness of my face is not severe (knocking on the wood), I will try to find some products to improve my skin in general (like pores and texture), and hope that redness will improve along the way. I am planning to stay away from IPL type things. I had it for spider veins removal on my legs and I saw how invasive it is. One should not use it on the face, I think.

This is the first forum post I have ever wrote. I wanted to share my experience and share the story of what helped me to get over Mirvoso side effects relatively quick. I hope it will help someone. I know how terrified I was and how much I tried to find an answer on what to do and how to fix it when I was afraid of looking at the mirror after Mirvoso.

Leave a comment:

• redrose89

• redrose89
    replied
    Originally posted by kahsern View Post
    Hows your condition at the moment red rose? Im 12 days in and the redness is still there..
    It is still much worse than what my baseline was. I am about 5-6 weeks out of using onreltea once. Everyone i go to say this could take months to subside. I also have pustules now which i never had prior and my face is always warm. My husband is a doctor and seems to think this will all subside with time, but only time will tell. This product is too new and only has 2 studies to prove its efficacy. So its hard to say what is permanent and what will eventually fade.

Leave a comment:

• davekelly

• davekelly
    replied
    Originally posted by Suzanne.Delight View Post
    I used Mirvaso for about two weeks. I have stopped using it because once it wore off, I had MUCH worse flushing/redness than my baseline redness. Even after being off Mirvaso for three days, my redness is still much worse. I have made my complaint to the FDA and Galderma and I have yet to hear back from my dermatologist. If anyone else is experiencing this side effect, please let the companies know. I know it has worked for some people, but it seems to me that if 10% of users are experiencing this, it is dangerous! I wish I had just accepted my skin for what it was and left it alone.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did the redness eventually go away?
    10% my arse . Galderma (liars) I think its the other way around. On this Forum its at least 90% of people reporting Rebound Flushing

Please for the umteenth time take this failed product off the market . Show some morals

Leave a comment:

• Suzanne.Delight

• Suzanne.Delight
    replied
    Accutane

Originally posted by kbest1981 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I picked up my Mirvosa today and put a dab on my nose. The area looks great....how I wish my nose looked all the time. After reading this forum, I'm now scared and sad. I feel defeated. I have rosacea on my nose (BAD). It's embarrassing and depressing.

Does anyone have any recommendations to help the redness since it looks like I will have to throw my Mirvosa in the trash? My doctor suggested going on Accutane (sp?) if the Mirvosa did not work.

Any advise is appreciated.
    I know that Accutane also has its fair share of side effects. Make sure you get all of the facts before trying it! I think what I've learned from this whole Mirvaso ordeal is to try to be happy with what I have. I have been using Clinique redness solutions foundation and the matte powder and it really does cover the redness. I think drinking a lot of water also helps. I have read a lot of people's experiences and it seems everyone has had different success stories, so I think it's worth it to try to figure out what works best for you. Hang in there!

Leave a comment:

• Suzanne.Delight

• Suzanne.Delight
    replied
    Mirvaso user experience

I used Mirvaso for about two weeks. I have stopped using it because once it wore off, I had MUCH worse flushing/redness than my baseline redness. Even after being off Mirvaso for three days, my redness is still much worse. I have made my complaint to the FDA and Galderma and I have yet to hear back from my dermatologist. If anyone else is experiencing this side effect, please let the companies know. I know it has worked for some people, but it seems to me that if 10% of users are experiencing this, it is dangerous! I wish I had just accepted my skin for what it was and left it alone.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did the redness eventually go away?

Leave a comment:

• kbest1981

• kbest1981
    replied
    Scared

Hi Everyone,

I picked up my Mirvosa today and put a dab on my nose. The area looks great....how I wish my nose looked all the time. After reading this forum, I'm now scared and sad. I feel defeated. I have rosacea on my nose (BAD). It's embarrassing and depressing.

Does anyone have any recommendations to help the redness since it looks like I will have to throw my Mirvosa in the trash? My doctor suggested going on Accutane (sp?) if the Mirvosa did not work.

Any advise is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X