Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by P12 View Post
    The very first time I tried this I was almost in tears because it completely took all the redness away within 1 hour my face (minus a few bits of dryness/acne) looked normal. People were starting to ask if I was wearing makeup (I'm a guy) it was great. Lasted for ages too.

Day 2 put it on within half an hour - the same result! I drove into work with a smile on me that made people think I was simple but I didn't care!

Fast forward to about 11am and I went to the toilet and caught a glimpse of me in the Mirror... ****! Bam bit red splotchy marks. Getting worse by the hour. I was so disheartened. I had to leave work. Next couple of days were terrible and even worse. I know I overuse hydrocortisone but it's the only thing that offers me any sort of relief from the red/dry skin. So another week on it and back to normal/ -ish.

This was about a week ago. I gave it another shot there on Sunday hoping the last thing was a fluke. Again applied it Sunday morning and the whole day I looked awesome. Did the same thing then this morning and BAM as I write this my face is ****ed again. I don't know what to do but it's not a fluke. The only thing if can say is that I had no caffeine yesterday and had a red bull this morning - but if I'm honest I think my face was getting redder before I touched the redbull.

Ahhhh the search continues. I was one of the unlucky ones who got involved with Mario Badescu 'Control cream' back in the day - Google that ****! It was a miracle cream for everyone who used it. It was then tested and found out to be laced with potent steroids! Coming off it about a year ago was the worse few weeks of my life but damn on it my face was perfect. I mean perfect as was about anyone who tried it.

Anyway I digress, but just be careful with this stuff people that's me off it now! I should have learnt the first time. I guess I'll keep it for an emergency as it seems to work week the first day so if I have an event coming up I'll look ok for it and then suffer out the remaining week
    Hi

What type of Rosacea do you suffer from . Are you a Flusher ?

Comment

• You can put another one in the negative category. I went through 1 tube of Mirvaso, known as Onreltea here in Canada, and I have absolutely nothing good to say other than for the first few applications it appeared to reduce the baseline redness by around 50 percent. After that it stopped working and at this point actually making my face flushed after application. I've heard some people are using smaller amounts in moisturizer which I may try later on..

Well it looks like it's back to the drawing board for me. I just hope my skin returns to baseline.. I should note I have Accutane induced rosacea.

Comment

• not worth the money

Hi this is my first post to the group although I have always found the information on the forum invaluable. Just thought I would give my experience with Mirvaso. I live in the UK and saw a piece in a newspaper about a new wonder cream for rosacea and I was so excited and could not wait to try it. So I started doing a bit of research on it and after reading lots of posts on here from USA participants I was very nervous about using the product but did spend the £50.00 to obtain a tube as could not get it prescribed on the NHS. When it arrived after all the horrific rebound posts I had read I was not going to put it on my face so I tried it on my chest where I also have rosacea. It had very good results but not great, the majority of the redness disappeared and I waited for the rebound....none came... so the next day my chest was still quite pale I added more cream and still no rebound, this went on for a week no rebound so I decided to take the plunge and apply it to my face. Put it on and after half an hour no effect, after an hour no effect and to cut a long story short after three hours of waiting for this brilliant ghost like appearance I probably had a twenty percent reduction in redness. I have been using the product for a few weeks on my face now and have had no rebound but then again no significant reduction in redness....must say it has been a complete waste of my money and I will not be buying any more. I have given up hope of ever looking normal again and Galderma should be hauled over the coals for building up peoples hopes then charging us for a completely useless product.

Comment

• re

hello, have you tried oracea yet? If you can manage without medication, that is definitely the way to go, but as a last resort you may want to review this option with your dermatologist. I believe any type of "creme" only "half-asses" it. since this disease is an immune system disorder, then it should be addressed from within imo anyways.

Originally posted by P12 View Post
          The very first time I tried this I was almost in tears because it completely took all the redness away within 1 hour my face (minus a few bits of dryness/acne) looked normal. People were starting to ask if I was wearing makeup (I'm a guy) it was great. Lasted for ages too.

Day 2 put it on within half an hour - the same result! I drove into work with a smile on me that made people think I was simple but I didn't care!

Fast forward to about 11am and I went to the toilet and caught a glimpse of me in the Mirror... ****! Bam bit red splotchy marks. Getting worse by the hour. I was so disheartened. I had to leave work. Next couple of days were terrible and even worse. I know I overuse hydrocortisone but it's the only thing that offers me any sort of relief from the red/dry skin. So another week on it and back to normal/ -ish.

This was about a week ago. I gave it another shot there on Sunday hoping the last thing was a fluke. Again applied it Sunday morning and the whole day I looked awesome. Did the same thing then this morning and BAM as I write this my face is ****ed again. I don't know what to do but it's not a fluke. The only thing if can say is that I had no caffeine yesterday and had a red bull this morning - but if I'm honest I think my face was getting redder before I touched the redbull.

Ahhhh the search continues. I was one of the unlucky ones who got involved with Mario Badescu 'Control cream' back in the day - Google that ****! It was a miracle cream for everyone who used it. It was then tested and found out to be laced with potent steroids! Coming off it about a year ago was the worse few weeks of my life but damn on it my face was perfect. I mean perfect as was about anyone who tried it.

Anyway I digress, but just be careful with this stuff people that's me off it now! I should have learnt the first time. I guess I'll keep it for an emergency as it seems to work week the first day so if I have an event coming up I'll look ok for it and then suffer out the remaining week

Comment

• Originally posted by dave75 View Post
            hello, have you tried oracea yet? If you can manage without medication, that is definitely the way to go, but as a last resort you may want to review this option with your dermatologist. I believe any type of "creme" only "half-asses" it. since this disease is an immune system disorder, then it should be addressed from within imo anyways.
            You are Oraceas biggest fan, but I think that recommending it for redness is not going to work for most people. I am using Oracea too but it only has effect on P&P, not redness (at least IMO). I actually think that Galderma themself is saying this in all their information.

http://www.oracea.com/rosacea-treatment

The active ingredient in ORACEA is doxycycline, but unlike traditional antibiotic doses of doxycycline, the low-dose formulation of ORACEA does not work by killing bacteria; instead it reduces the bumps and blemishes of rosacea because of its anti-inflammatory properties. That's important because rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin condition-not a bacterial infection. In clinical studies, ORACEA has not been shown to contribute to antibiotic resistance.

Comment

• I have a friend that tried mirvaso and it made the rosacea worse! It didn't go back to the way it was before. At least not so far. It is also expensive.
              Careful with this stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomas View Post
                You are Oraceas biggest fan, but I think that recommending it for redness is not going to work for most people. I am using Oracea too but it only has effect on P&P, not redness (at least IMO). I actually think that Galderma themself is saying this in all their information.

The active ingredient in ORACEA is doxycycline, but unlike traditional antibiotic doses of doxycycline, the low-dose formulation of ORACEA does not work by killing bacteria; instead it reduces the bumps and blemishes of rosacea because of its anti-inflammatory properties. That's important because rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin condition-not a bacterial infection. In clinical studies, ORACEA has not been shown to contribute to antibiotic resistance.
                Wow so it would seem even if I go on Oracea I'll get what I'm getting with Finacea- may just stick with Finacea longer since it seems to be working albeit so slowly for my liking.

Comment

• seems hit and miss i know mellissa the moderator here has done very well on it...and others seem to not do well. it does miracles for me..i don't know what i'd do without it. oracea i think should make me their poster boy with hefty marketing contract...kinda like that jared subway commercial guy. I could show how horrible i looked prior to the pill and then all cleared up with the pill

Originally posted by Tomas View Post

Comment

• Dave I'd be very interested to see some photos.

Whilst I have flushy red cheeks, if I look closely I can see that my hair follicles are inflamed at the base, no matter the length of the hair.
                    I know that doxycycline is used for folliculitis. I did go on doxycycline years ago for a couple of months, but back then my face was different.
                    I used to shave regularly and as a result got ingrown hairs/bumps, and therefore went on doxy. Now even without shaving I have inflamed hair follicles..
                    So with the above in mind, I think I might see results with Oracea. Maybe I'm wrong haha

Comment

• re

I had a picture many years ago that i took with me on my derm visits...if i can find it i may post it along with a current photo. hard to say on the oracea results...everyone seems to respond differently to it. if you try it, i hope it works well...cheers, dave

Originally posted by Josef61 View Post
                      Dave I'd be very interested to see some photos.

Whilst I have flushy red cheeks, if I look closely I can see that my hair follicles are inflamed at the base, no matter the length of the hair.
                      I know that doxycycline is used for folliculitis. I did go on doxycycline years ago for a couple of months, but back then my face was different.
                      I used to shave regularly and as a result got ingrown hairs/bumps, and therefore went on doxy. Now even without shaving I have inflamed hair follicles..
                      So with the above in mind, I think I might see results with Oracea. Maybe I'm wrong haha

Comment

• Hi everydbody.
                        This is my first post here.
                        I´m from Baque Country (North of Spain). My English is not good (i will study intensely in a few months), i´d like if someone finds errors in leguages in my post, please, say me in a private message to correct it. I think that use english correctly is very important because there is not much information about this new drug in other lenguages and a lot of people with a poor knowledge of english can try translate our mesagges with an automatic translator and they need a correct english to get the translation as good as posible, the post should be written correctly.
                        I want to tell you my experience with Mirvaso althought you known it because it´s the same of all of you.

I am a young man, I have a very low rosacea, only a little red but it´s permanent and i want to have my previous completely white face. I read about the existence of this new treatment the last year and i was waiting for his arrival in europe. The European Medicines Agency aproved it in January of 2014 and now it´s available in spanish and another europeans pharmacys.
                        I bought it and i tested it. All i made was good, i went to speak with my family doctor although i think that i trained to understand the information pamphlet and it says Mirvaso is very safe without rebounds, good tolerated... but speak with a doctor was important because i studied chemical engineering but not medicine.
                        She read the oficial Mirvaso information pamphlet and she gave me her ok to use this. Galdermas speaks very good about this new treatment.
                        I used it the first day, fewer quantity than gaderma´s recomendation. The story is like you known: a great effect in my skin all day, white skin and not red all day.
                        The second day i used recommend cuantity and the same story, all good, and the third day too. I have a very low rosacea and Mirvaso is expensive and not covered by public insurance (this is the case in most countries of Europe) then i decided abandon it for a few days and use only when i feel like.
                        The first day without using Mirvaso was good, my redness came again like always, it´s not much, i don´t mind (i learned to live with some redness, we can´t do anything). But in the night about 11:00 pm my cheeks began to be very very red, never they were with that colour.
                        About 2 hours later they were less red. I went to the bed without worry (yes, i went to the bed very late for you but you known that in
                        Spain we have the unhealthy habit go late to sleep and get up early, owing to that we are the country of europe who less hours sleep. This have an explanation but now it´s not the
                        time to explain it ).
                        The next day in the morning my skin was good and i didn´t use Mirvaso again (luckily was saturday and i was in my spare time to go with friends). But in midday intense redness came again but only in one cheek. I knew it because a friend said me. I didn´t mind much, i explained them that i was testing a new drug for my skin. The intense rednes went again but in the afternoon the redness come again in both cheeks very very very intense when i was in my home. I wanted to go again with friends and i used Mirvaso again, fewer cuantity than it´s recommend.One our after Mirvaso´s aplication my skin was good again, and it was good all night and the next day (sunday) until the night, very hight redness come again to my face. I went to bed.
                        The morning of monday my sking was not very very red like in the night but it was more red than my baseline. During monday i has not a heavy episode of redness again but my skin was very red. Remeber, my rosacea is very low and Mirvaso makes me have the face very red all the day, not like heavy redness, but it was worse than my baseline.
                        The next day the same, red, without heavey blushing but not my baseline and i am scared, i had a low redness and now "post Mirvaso use" i am worse with a very visible redness. I hope to recovery my baseline, the testimony of some people here gives panic. They don´t known if Mirvaso makes a permanent damage or not. Galderma says that it is not posible, they say that redness will go to baseline again when Mirvaso treatment is discontinued but some people report diferent experience.
                        Galderma says that rebound is rare, the participants of its study had a good reaction to mirvaso without rebounds or intense redness (only a small %). I have studied a scientific degree and i known that it is stupid speak about an scientific method to see the reaction of patients using internet and a forum of the web, but i am seeing that Mirvaso have an increidible number of bad experiencies, it seems to work bad in the 95% of patients, i never have seen nothing like this. I will not affirm that Galderma lies in its study, but the experience of all of us is very different.
                        I think that FDA, European Medicines Agency and Spanish Medicines Agency should examine Galderma´s studies. Mirvaso seems to be a poison for 99% of rosaceans. Maybe we should join together and force to ours health authorities to review Galdermas´s clinical studies and clarify what happens with Mirsavo, if it is dangerous, if it can make a permanent damage, if their studies are fraudulent or no. I used Mirvaso because Galderma says that it is safe, says that adverse reactions are very rare, but here Mirvaso seems to have a very very very bad renown. I don´t say that Gaderma lies, i want to leave this point clear.

I want to express my gratitude for a lot of people who write here, you give a lot of help with experiences and photos of yourself, i have read a blog of a member of this forum and i think that blog is as rigorous as internet allows, a lot of work inside.
                        Regards to all and please, don´t forgert say me the mistakes in lenguage to correct them.
                        Basque
                        Last edited by Basque; 15 July 2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basque View Post
                          Hi everydbody.
                          This is my first post here.
                          I´m from Baque Country (North of Spain). My English is not good (i will study intensely in a few months), i´d like if someone finds errors in leguages in my post, please, say me in a private message to correct it. I think that use english correctly is very important because there is not much information about this new drug in other lenguages and a lot of people with a poor knowledge of english can try translate our mesagges with an automatic translator and they need a correct english to get the translation as good as posible, the post should be written correctly.
                          I want to tell you my experience with Mirvaso althought you known it because it´s the same of all of you.

I am a young man, I have a very low rosacea, only a little red but it´s permanent and i want to have my previous completely white face. I read about the existence of this new treatment the last year and i was waiting for his arrival in europe. The European Medicines Agency aproved it in January of 2014 and now it´s available in spanish and another europeans pharmacys.
                          I bought it and i tested it. All i made was good, i went to speak with my family doctor although i think that i trained to understand the information pamphlet and it says Mirvaso is very safe without rebounds, good tolerated... but speak with a doctor was important because i studied chemical engineering but not medicine.
                          She read the oficial Mirvaso information pamphlet and she gave me her ok to use this. Galdermas speaks very good about this new treatment.
                          I used it the first day, fewer quantity than gaderma´s recomendation. The story is like you known: a great effect in my skin all day, white skin and not red all day.
                          The second day i used recommend cuantity and the same story, all good, and the third day too. I have a very low rosacea and Mirvaso is expensive and not covered by public insurance (this is the case in most countries of Europe) then i decided abandon it for a few days and use only when i feel like.
                          The first day without using Mirvaso was good, my redness came again like always, it´s not much, i don´t mind (i learned to live with some redness, we can´t do anything). But in the night about 11:00 pm my cheeks began to be very very red, never they were with that colour.
                          About 2 hours later they were less red. I went to the bed without worry (yes, i went to the bed very late for you but you known that in
                          Spain we have the unhealthy habit go late to sleep and get up early, owing to that we are the country of europe who less hours sleep. This have an explanation but now it´s not the
                          time to explain it ).
                          The next day in the morning my skin was good and i didn´t use Mirvaso again (luckily was saturday and i was in my spare time to go with friends). But in midday intense redness came again but only in one cheek. I knew it because a friend said me. I didn´t mind much, i explained them that i was testing a new drug for my skin. The intense rednes went again but in the afternoon the redness come again in both cheeks very very very intense when i was in my home. I wanted to go again with friends and i used Mirvaso again, fewer cuantity than it´s recommend.One our after Mirvaso´s aplication my skin was good again, and it was good all night and the next day (sunday) until the night, very hight redness come again to my face. I went to bed.
                          The morning of monday my sking was not very very red like in the night but it was more red than my baseline. During monday i has not a heavy episode of redness again but my skin was very red. Remeber, my rosacea is very low and Mirvaso makes me have the face very red all the day, not like heavy redness, but it was worse than my baseline.
                          The next day the same, red, without heavey blushing but not my baseline and i am scared, i had a low redness and now "post Mirvaso use" i am worse with a very visible redness. I hope to recovery my baseline, the testimony of some people here gives panic. They don´t known if Mirvaso makes a permanent damage or not. Galderma says that it is not posible, they say that redness will go to baseline again when Mirvaso treatment is discontinued but some people report diferent experience.
                          Galderma says that rebound is rare, the participants of its study had a good reaction to mirvaso without rebounds or intense redness (only a small %). I have studied a scientific degree and i known that it is stupid speak about an scientific method to see the reaction of patients using internet and a forum of the web, but i am seeing that Mirvaso have an increidible number of bad experiencies, it seems to work bad in the 95% of patients, i never have seen nothing like this. I will not affirm that Galderma lies in its study, but the experience of all of us is very different.
                          I think that FDA, European Medicines Agency and Spanish Medicines Agency should examine Galderma´s studies. Mirvaso seems to be a poison for 99% of rosaceans. Maybe we should join together and force to ours health authorities to review Galdermas´s clinical studies and clarify what happens with Mirsavo, if it is dangerous, if it can make a permanent damage, if their studies are fraudulent or no. I used Mirvaso because Galderma says that it is safe, says that adverse reactions are very rare, but here Mirvaso seems to have a very very very bad renown. I don´t say that Gaderma lies, i want to leave this point clear.

I want to express my gratitude for a lot of people who write here, you give a lot of help with experiences and photos of yourself, i have read a blog of a member of this forum and i think that blog is as rigorous as internet allows, a lot of work inside.
                          Regards to all and please, don´t forgert say me the mistakes in lenguage to correct them.
                          Only a Corrupt Company would say things like that .

What I cant get my head around is how on earth did this Dangerous Product get approved for Europe after the Carnage it caused in the USA
                          davekelly
                          Last edited by davekelly; 15 July 2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Basque,
                            You are negative experience #223 so far collected by me.

Galderma's promo on Red is Wrong has a whole new meaning....

riw-logo.png
                            Brady Barrows
                            Last edited by Brady Barrows; 15 July 2014, 11:52 PM.
                            Brady Barrows
                            Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

• Great work Brady! I've picked up the counting again as well last night, so far 276 negative reviews, 56 positives and 5 ambiguous ones.
                              http://scarletnat.blogspot.fr/2013/1...responses.html
                              My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Warning; do not use Mirvaso !!!

Dear all,

I am Bella from Munich in Germany. I want to share my Mirvaso experience with you and issue a serious warning to those who want to try this product.
                                I have already posted this in our German forum and I saw here are members referring to the German site, so I want to stress its not Internet spam but the terrible truth.
                                I am absolutely convinced this is not a random thing but a huge and increasing number of users who got their skin serverely damaged by this product.

My diagnosis:
                                a couple of months ago the girl who does my cosmetic treatments told me that she tought a was having a mild form of rosacea, light red areas around the nose and some flushings, nothing really disturbing. I never had serious skin problems nor strong allergic reactions.
                                When I went to see my dematologist for some ohter reason last week, we talked and he recommended MIRVASO to me, which only available since MAY 2014 in Germany

Result: I used Mirvaso creme for 4 days following precisely the product leaflet and descriptions for use. The red area got slightly better, but nothing more I must say.Yesterday, while riding in my car, my face was suddenly flushing from red to dark red with a purple tone, burning and heating terribly. I looked like somebody with an innate fire spot (don´t know the English epression for it). I was really scared and went home checking out the product on the Internet. I was really devastated to see that this creme has been in use for nearly two years in the US with obvious severe problems and despite this it got an ok in Germany. I have stopped using it and treated the areas with FENISTIL, a antihistamine creme, which works against sunburns and moscito punctures. The dark red slightly improved, and now, after 28 hours, it is a little better, but still there, with flushes coming on much stronger than I used to have. Seeing other reviwes I just hope it will go away completely and that there is no remaining damage to my skin.

Conclusion: this product does not work, it only damages your skin. my husband, who is a laywer said this is close to voluntary body damage (hope you understand this terminus).
                                I am very sorry to say this: but I am absolutely convinced this is not a random thing but the ususal effect for the a vaste majority of users.

Next steps: I have now informed my dermatologist, who was really shocked (the product only being allowed in Germany only since May 2014), and I went to my farmacy, who is now going to make a formal complaint to the German drug administration. This is what all of you should do in their respective countries, otherwise we do not get reliable figures.

I think, the Internet copmlaints are represantative in terms of statitics and as far as I am concerned, I will no longer use any of this stuff and try alternative things. I have the strong feeling that the producer Galderma knows it perfectly, but until the day this product is finally withdrawn by the authorities, the have made a fortune.

Bella

Comment

Working...
                                X