Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by red11 View Post
    They obviously do have there facts right!! Why would they be saying it works for them when it doesn't? Suggest you try it and then comment so you can get your facts right!!.
    What about First time poster, conveniently coming with YET another alternative to using Mirvaso? They are all over the internet, you know. Always the same message; Mirvaso works, if only you add A./B./C. to it.
    My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Originally posted by fauxmccoy View Post
      yes andy ... the mirvaso wave hit the US, now the UK. i suspect as it becomes approved in other countries, we will be hearing from a whole new crop of people.

i do not disagree with you that mirvaso is crap. i wish it had never been approved anywhere, but that, sadly, is not reality. there are rosaceans so desperate for a miracle that even on a thread containing 126 pages of negative responses to mirvaso that we still have people begging for unused portions. do i think this is unwise, definitely. would i encourage anyone to try this crap? no.

what i am openly criticizing you for is berating new comers who have simply followed their doctor's advice. it serves no purpose. i am also challenging you on a specific statement you made which is patently false.

clearly you have strong feelings about mirvaso, as do i. i am strongly suggesting that you temper your words, especially with newcomers. you have called people stupid, accused them of being 'on drugs'. that's just not cool. our object here is to help each other, not to belittle or alienate them.
      Oh please people, can we stop this attacking each other? Let people say what they have to say about Mirvaso, and if it's a bit strong, we all know where that is coming from. I get pretty miffed as well, to be honest, with new posters who instantly hit the button to tell others here how to use Mirvaso. if anything, that is a bit rude in the face of the havoc and carnage this drug has created so far. How about a word of introduction, instead of giving readers here more false suggestions about Mirvaso? Lets not attack people who have been long(er) time posters here, based on them using not the most polite terms. And maybe andy can tone his choice of words down a bit as well and not sound so antagonistic. It just keeps the atmos so much warmer and friendlier.
      nat007
      Last edited by nat007; 9 May 2014, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
        What a strange attitude.

I find it highly interesting that even in the face so many negative reports about brimonidine in the Mirvaso presentation Galderma persist in this blinkered view of the material and give it positive research findings even at this recent publication date (April 16 2014)
        Oh shoot! I totally agree with your statement Johnabetts!

I actually meant to quote Brady's link (not yours), so sorry about that. The point I was trying to make was that the link from Brady was irrelevant to us forum members and really should not even be posted because it just stirs up emotions. Just because is has brimonidine in the article name, doesn't mean we should be linking to it. If the study actually had some relevance to this group, that would be another thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy33 View Post
          What ever drugs you are on . You need to stop talking bull**** . Aloe Vera Gel .
          If you search the internet many people use aloe vera gel as it soothes the skin down very quickly. Why insult someone who has had success from using a certain product. Hope nothing works for you andy, people like you need to leave this site or just be quiet. IDIOT!

Comment

• Originally posted by rich_kc View Post
            If you search the internet many people use aloe vera gel as it soothes the skin down very quickly. Why insult someone who has had success from using a certain product. Hope nothing works for you andy, people like you need to leave this site or just be quiet. IDIOT!
            Idiot perhaps but do people now get banned from here for using strong, not so diplomatic words?
            And how and why is calling him an IDIOT! any different from him saying what he did? I guess those rules only apply one way and not the other.
            nat007
            Last edited by nat007; 9 May 2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• For those interested in some French rosacea patients reviews, they can be found here: http://www.rosacea.fr/mirvaso-gelbrimonidine_3_1740.php
              I speak some French and translated them here: http://scarletnat.blogspot.fr/2013/1...responses.html

g30 wrote on April 16th 2014: "Bonjour a tous! J'ai le mirvaso . Des mois et des mois que j'attends j'ai mis.beaucoup d'espoir.dans cette crème... résultats.... déception.... pourquoi? Parce que trop.efficace . Après l'application l'effet est immédiat 10 min pour.moi. et la le visage blanc mais blanc de chez blanc ça donne un effet "malade" en plus il.faut vraiment bien l'étaler car cela peut ressortir non uniforme.... bref il l'est impossible d'utiliser ça le.jour. la différence serait vraiment trop importante. On me demanderai si je me sent bien... je songe a l'utiliser le soir après le.sport par exemple pour faire derougir.le.visage et éviter les boutons du a la rosacé... mais je n'ai pas assez de recul ... cette le visage est blanc mais je me demande si quand l'effet se dissipe le sang n'abonde pas +"
              Translation in English as good as I can:
              "Hello everyone! I have some mirvaso. I have waited months and months. I have built up high hopes for this cream. Results.. disappointment .... why? Because it's too powerful. After application the effect is immediately visible, within 10 minutes, for me. And my face becomes white, but a shade of white that makes me look sick. It also does't spread in a uniform (evenly) manner. So, it is impossible to use daily for me. The change is too massive. People ask me if I am feeling well or not. I am thinking about using it in the evening, after sport for instance, to avoid getting a red face and to avoid the ...(to avoid looking like I have rosacea, I think. Couldn't translate this part). But I do not have enough to recline ... my face is white but I wonder if the effect wears off when the blood does not circulate anymore"

g30 then updated on April 22nd 2014 (translated in English again):
              "WARNING MIRVASO IS DANGEROUS!! I have post you my first impressions the other day ... today is the catstrophe. I am forced to stay home, because it was impossible for me to go to work in this state ... my face is on fire! ! The redness is everywhere and I feel like I have a sunburn all over my face. I only used the mirvaso for 3 days ... and I have already seen the unwanted side effects! On the second day I felt my skin was clearer and improved ... then in the evening, diffuse redness appeared, followed by a huge sense of heat across my face ... (can;t properly translate this sentence but I think he/she means that it is calming down a bit again after some sleep) ., but for how long? The nexy day was the same situation ... I wake up and then as the day goes by without application of the product the redness appears again ... to which I begin again... "

Doremi wrote on April 25th 2014:
              "Hello, I am new to the forum, but not to rosacea (I mainly have flushing of the nose). I have this since 6 years and I manage it with low doses of beta-blockers + roaccutane and Azelaic acid (the equivalent of Finacea). I have used Mirvaso for more than 15 days, and just like g30, when I use it pure, it equals a return to white skin for about 8 hours and then the rebound redness takes place + heat sensations on the spots and areas where I applied mirvaso (even those where I don't usually flush). However, like can be read on the forums from the United States, I do not have a rebound effect when I dilute it + + with a cream or gel (Azelaic acid for me). It must indeed apply a very tiny amount of mirvaso, so that it can mix with a gel or a cream. "

g30 then replied and UPDATED on April 26nd 2014:
              "Thank you for your reply ... it's been one week and I am still very red, even though it is starting to fade. I have no desire to start experimenting again with a diluted cream. The more I think about it, the more I personaly am convinced that playing with your blood vessels will strongly weaken and damage them. I cross my fingers to return to the state my face was in before ... and if this by chance happens, I will not touch it again. Sessions of laser maintenance will be enough, I have not tested any creams until now, it was not worse thing every time ... the mirvaso has marked me and I doubt things will return to normal. In short ... "

clubberjack wrote on May 2nd 2014:
              "Bonjour, J'ai eu exactement le même problème que g30.. j'ai utilisé mirvaso 3 fois! La première fois j'étais vraiment super content du résultat. . J'avais jamais eu un visage aussi pâle.. Par contre à la 3 eme application ça a été l'horreur, enorme flush dans la journée.. C'était il y a une semaine. . Depuis j'ai des flush beaucoup plus souvent et beaucoup plus prononcés c'est l'horreur. . J'ai l'impression d'avoir un énorme coup de soleil..tout le monde me le fait remarqué. . Ce produit est un vrai poison.. à ne jamais essayer !!!"
              Translate in English:
              "Hello, I had exactly the same problem as g30 .. I have used mirvaso 3 times! The first time I was really super happy with the results. . I have never had such a pale face .. However, by the 3rd application it turned into horror, and I developed a huge flush during the day .. That was a week ago.. Ever since I have flushed a lot, much more often and much more pronounced; it is horror. . I feel like I have a huge sunburn .. everyone makes comments about it. . This product is a true poison .. never ever try it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                Idiot perhaps but do people now get banned from here for using strong, not so diplomatic words?
                And how and why is calling him an IDIOT! any different from him saying what he did? I guess those rules only apply one way and not the other.
                Mainly because he has been warned before by the Moderators and should know better by now.
                So please everyone read this

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ES-Please-Read!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Admin View Post
                  Mainly because he has been warned before by the Moderators and should know better by now.
                  So please everyone read this

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ES-Please-Read!!
                  Thanks Main Admin for the link and response. Was good to read the rules of conduct again

Comment

• It's all about desperation and the hope of leading a normal life we are tempted to try these products.I would love to be able to walk down the street,go in a shop or use public transport without feeling like a freak.That's why we are willing against all the advice to try this product in the hope it might just work for us

Comment

• Originally posted by red devil View Post
                      It's all about desperation and the hope of leading a normal life we are tempted to try these products.I would love to be able to walk down the street,go in a shop or use public transport without feeling like a freak.That's why we are willing against all the advice to try this product in the hope it might just work for us
                      I second that...having to deal with big pharma greed--on top of everything else-was the rudest awakening.

Comment

• Mirvaso experience

Hi there,

I'm from Germany so i aploogize for my bad english in advance ;-) trying Mirvaso for 8 days now - as most of you know it's been approved in Germany for a couple of weeks now.

My status Rosacea is fairly mild. I have, thanks to good medication adjustment (doxycycline 40 mg) and creme (Noreva Exfoliac ) only a slight redness on the cheeks. Now I wanted to test Mirvaso to minimize the redness completly.

During the first 5 days of using Mirvaso i had no redness at my cheeks after about 30 minutes for 6 to 8 hours. (one application a day, only in the morning)
                        My skin looked a little bit unhealthy white, as a few members here already reported as well.

From the 6th day, I suddenly had a very strong redness on the cheeks, which was far beyond the status before I applied Mirvaso.

Now using various cremes to reobtain the status before medication with Mirvaso.

This reboundeffekt was the reason i searched the internet and found your forum. I guess many people in Germany are going to report about their issues with Mirvaso in a few weeks, because of the short period it's approved here. In german forums i found only a few reports about the reboundeffect so far.

To summarize: I can only strengthen the sceptical comments most of the users here made concerning Mirvaso.

I hope this report from Germany was helpful, i just wanted to give you insight from the other side of the ocean ;-)

Greets
                        Noix

Comment

• Originally posted by Noix View Post
                          Hi there,

I'm from Germany so i aploogize for my bad english in advance ;-) trying Mirvaso for 8 days now - as most of you know it's been approved in Germany for a couple of weeks now.

My status Rosacea is fairly mild. I have, thanks to good medication adjustment (doxycycline 40 mg) and creme (Noreva Exfoliac ) only a slight redness on the cheeks. Now I wanted to test Mirvaso to minimize the redness completly.

During the first 5 days of using Mirvaso i had no redness at my cheeks after about 30 minutes for 6 to 8 hours. (one application a day, only in the morning)
                          My skin looked a little bit unhealthy white, as a few members here already reported as well.

From the 6th day, I suddenly had a very strong redness on the cheeks, which was far beyond the status before I applied Mirvaso.

Now using various cremes to reobtain the status before medication with Mirvaso.

This reboundeffekt was the reason i searched the internet and found your forum. I guess many people in Germany are going to report about their issues with Mirvaso in a few weeks, because of the short period it's approved here. In german forums i found only a few reports about the reboundeffect so far.

To summarize: I can only strengthen the sceptical comments most of the users here made concerning Mirvaso.

I hope this report from Germany was helpful, i just wanted to give you insight from the other side of the ocean ;-)

Greets
                          Noix
                          Thank you for sharing your experience Noix! (A German who speaks French, how nice )
                          I have only found one German rosacea forum so far where Mirvaso use was discussed, but by the time there are more reports coming out in Germany, would you mind linking us to these forums perhaps? Would be interesting to keep an eye on them.

Thank you and good luck with your skin recovery,
                          best wishes Nat

Comment

• Recent mirvaso experience -

I haven't read through all the comments so I apologize if I repeating what many others have said- but I wanted to share my experience using mirvaso and the side effects I experienced for any other people who are wondering if mirvaso has caused them the same grief! I started using mirvaso in October and up until February I didn't have any problems. I loved it and became so dependent on seeing face look so much more even than I had ever seen it. The little flushing I had after the 8 hours didn't bother me enough to make me Stop using it. However, in March I began developing a rash on my face , above my upper lip and on my cheeks. After a few weeks of "letting it go away on its own" it became intolerable. I was itching intensely, it was burning, and I had developed open, fluid filled blisters on my chin, lips and cheeks. They became infected (probably because I couldn't help but scratch them) and I was placed on 7 days of bactrim to get rid of the infection. at the time, I didn't link it to mirvaso, as my dermotologist told me that he has never heard of this reaction from mirvaso and that it was probably caused by working so closely with children. I stopped using mirvaso and all other products other than dove soap and dml forte for my lotion. After my blisters healed (around three weeks later) i put mirvaso on one morning before work. 24 hours later, I began itching, becoming red, and developed a small cluster of blisters on my chin. After the blisters healed I noticed that the areas I had put mirvaso on has tiny little bumps all over. After many visits to the derm, skin cultures, and different antibiotics to treat a "skin infection", I stopped using mirvaso all together. I have had clear skin, with no itchiness. Of course, my rosacea is still here, red and noticeable. But no one could pay me to put even another drop of mirvaso on my face after that whole ordeal.

Comment

• Mirvaso more than once per day?

Has anyone tried using it in the morning and again at say 3 or 4 in the afternoon? I found that on day 1 it lasted more than 12 hours, on day 2 it lasted about 12, day 3 10 hours, and day 4 about 8 hours.

Comment

• The very first time I tried this I was almost in tears because it completely took all the redness away within 1 hour my face (minus a few bits of dryness/acne) looked normal. People were starting to ask if I was wearing makeup (I'm a guy) it was great. Lasted for ages too.

Day 2 put it on within half an hour - the same result! I drove into work with a smile on me that made people think I was simple but I didn't care!

Fast forward to about 11am and I went to the toilet and caught a glimpse of me in the Mirror... ****! Bam bit red splotchy marks. Getting worse by the hour. I was so disheartened. I had to leave work. Next couple of days were terrible and even worse. I know I overuse hydrocortisone but it's the only thing that offers me any sort of relief from the red/dry skin. So another week on it and back to normal/ -ish.

This was about a week ago. I gave it another shot there on Sunday hoping the last thing was a fluke. Again applied it Sunday morning and the whole day I looked awesome. Did the same thing then this morning and BAM as I write this my face is ****ed again. I don't know what to do but it's not a fluke. The only thing if can say is that I had no caffeine yesterday and had a red bull this morning - but if I'm honest I think my face was getting redder before I touched the redbull.

Ahhhh the search continues. I was one of the unlucky ones who got involved with Mario Badescu 'Control cream' back in the day - Google that ****! It was a miracle cream for everyone who used it. It was then tested and found out to be laced with potent steroids! Coming off it about a year ago was the worse few weeks of my life but damn on it my face was perfect. I mean perfect as was about anyone who tried it.

Anyway I digress, but just be careful with this stuff people that's me off it now! I should have learnt the first time. I guess I'll keep it for an emergency as it seems to work week the first day so if I have an event coming up I'll look ok for it and then suffer out the remaining week

Comment

Working...
                                X