Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another brimonidine paper released

Vasoconstriction and anti-inflammatory properties of the selective α-adrenergic receptor agonist brimonidine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...?dopt=Abstract

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
      Vasoconstriction and anti-inflammatory properties of the selective α-adrenergic receptor agonist brimonidine.

Note that all the authors of this report are employed by Galderma.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
        Note that all the authors of this report are employed by Galderma.
        Note that this study seems pretty meaningless to forum members only. Its just a lab test for general efficacy at constricting vessels...not much to do with the real world. This seems like it would be something done before the release of a drug. They are just doing it after the fact to "confirm" results...for some reason. Really, who cares. I don't even think it is worth posting or mentioning. Just a waste of time for this form. Perhaps relevant in a medical development forum, but not here. Just because it is a study on "brimonidine", doesn't mean it is of any value to forum members. Nothing to see here...move along.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiry View Post
          Note that this study seems pretty meaningless to forum members only. Its just a lab test for general efficacy at constricting vessels...not much to do with the real world. This seems like it would be something done before the release of a drug. They are just doing it after the fact to "confirm" results...for some reason. Really, who cares. I don't even think it is worth posting or mentioning. Just a waste of time for this form. Perhaps relevant in a medical development forum, but not here. Just because it is a study on "brimonidine", doesn't mean it is of any value to forum members. Nothing to see here...move along.
          What a strange attitude.

I find it highly interesting that even in the face so many negative reports about brimonidine in the Mirvaso presentation Galderma persist in this blinkered view of the material and give it positive research findings even at this recent publication date (April 16 2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
            What a strange attitude.

I find it highly interesting that even in the face so many negative reports about brimonidine in the Mirvaso presentation Galderma persist in this blinkered view of the material and give it positive research findings even at this recent publication date (April 16 2014)
            I strongly agree. The criminal nature of the production of this product, mirvaso, should
            Never be allowed to slip into obscurity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy33 View Post
              What ever drugs you are on . You need to stop talking bull**** . Aloe Vera Gel .
              Think your being a bit harsh!! If you don't want to listen to people trying to help just keep out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by red11 View Post
                Think your being a bit harsh!! If you don't want to listen to people trying to help just keep out of it.
                Im not been harsh .I live in the real world . I just don't do bull**** anymore when it comes to Rosacea

No one with Rosacea would put Aloe Vera near their Face never mind Mirvaso . So you get your facts right

Comment

Im not been harsh .I live in the real world . I just don't do bull**** anymore when it comes to Rosacea

No one with Rosacea would put Aloe Vera near their Face never mind Mirvaso . So you get your facts right
                  They obviously do have there facts right!! Why would they be saying it works for them when it doesn't? Suggest you try it and then comment so you can get your facts right!!.

Comment

• andy -- i have had diagnosed rosacea for 10 years, but very well could have been diagnosed for it 20 years earlier. i have used and still use aloe vera often, be it an ingredient in skin care products or on its own. in all of my research, i have seen nothing that would conclude me to believe that aloe vera is contraindicated for rosacea.

while i would never touch mirvaso myself as i have done extensive research on it, telling a new comer who has come here to seek help or offer his experience with mirvaso that he is 'on drugs' is harsh, unnecessary and very unwelcoming. you must know that the majority of us started taking the usual Rx upon diagnosis -- the standard doxycyline (or equivalent) and metrogel. when we are newly diagnosed and desperate, we tend to believe the derm who tells us 'there is no cure, but it can be controlled, get this prescription filled'. when we do so and try the meds for a few months without results is when we start to seek other answers, such as this forum. it just so happens that mirvaso is the current 'miracle' drug being touted by derms and advertisements. it is far more productive to encourage people to become their own best medical advocate through education, rather than to berate someone for following doctors orders.

Comment

• Originally posted by red11 View Post
                      They obviously do have there facts right!! Why would they be saying it works for them when it doesn't? Suggest you try it and then comment so you can get your facts right!!.
                      Hang on now .

He wants you put aloe vera on then Mirvaso on and then sunblock on . grin

Your Face will really love you for that concoction .

Comment

• Originally posted by fauxmccoy View Post
                        andy -- i have had diagnosed rosacea for 10 years, but very well could have been diagnosed for it 20 years earlier. i have used and still use aloe vera often, be it an ingredient in skin care products or on its own. in all of my research, i have seen nothing that would conclude me to believe that aloe vera is contraindicated for rosacea.

while i would never touch mirvaso myself as i have done extensive research on it, telling a new comer who has come here to seek help or offer his experience with mirvaso that he is 'on drugs' is harsh, unnecessary and very unwelcoming. you must know that the majority of us started taking the usual Rx upon diagnosis -- the standard doxycyline (or equivalent) and metrogel. when we are newly diagnosed and desperate, we tend to believe the derm who tells us 'there is no cure, but it can be controlled, get this prescription filled'. when we do so and try the meds for a few months without results is when we start to seek other answers, such as this forum. it just so happens that mirvaso is the current 'miracle' drug being touted by derms and advertisements. it is far more productive to encourage people to become their own best medical advocate through education, rather than to berate someone for following doctors orders.
                        Mirvaso Circus part 2 .First we had the USA and now we have the UK . Its like a scratched record .

People need to cop themselves on and stop talking the same crap weve already read last September /October .Its just getting very tiring at this stage .

Mirvaso doesn't work . So Lets all leave it at that .

Comment

• yes andy ... the mirvaso wave hit the US, now the UK. i suspect as it becomes approved in other countries, we will be hearing from a whole new crop of people.

i do not disagree with you that mirvaso is crap. i wish it had never been approved anywhere, but that, sadly, is not reality. there are rosaceans so desperate for a miracle that even on a thread containing 126 pages of negative responses to mirvaso that we still have people begging for unused portions. do i think this is unwise, definitely. would i encourage anyone to try this crap? no.

what i am openly criticizing you for is berating new comers who have simply followed their doctor's advice. it serves no purpose. i am also challenging you on a specific statement you made which is patently false.

No one with Rosacea would put Aloe Vera near their Face
                          clearly you have strong feelings about mirvaso, as do i. i am strongly suggesting that you temper your words, especially with newcomers. you have called people stupid, accused them of being 'on drugs'. that's just not cool. our object here is to help each other, not to belittle or alienate them.
                          fauxmccoy
                          Last edited by fauxmccoy; 9 May 2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauxmccoy View Post
                            yes andy ... the mirvaso wave hit the US, now the UK. i suspect as it becomes approved in other countries, we will be hearing from a whole new crop of people.

i do not disagree with you that mirvaso is crap. i wish it had never been approved anywhere, but that, sadly, is not reality. there are rosaceans so desperate for a miracle that even on a thread containing 126 pages of negative responses to mirvaso that we still have people begging for unused portions. do i think this is unwise, definitely. would i encourage anyone to try this crap? no.

what i am openly criticizing you for is berating new comers who have simply followed their doctor's advice. it serves no purpose. i am also challenging you on a specific statement you made which is patently false.

clearly you have strong feelings about mirvaso, as do i. i am strongly suggesting that you temper your words, especially with newcomers. you have called people stupid, accused them of being 'on drugs'. that's just not cool. our object here is to help each other, not to belittle or alienate them.
                            Aloe Vera . I put it on my face 20 years ago . It does nothing for baseline redness . That was the last time I put Aloe Vera on my face . I would use it for sunburn .

Comment

Aloe Vera . I put it on my face 20 years ago . It does nothing for baseline redness . That was the last time I put Aloe Vera on my face . I would use it for sunburn .
                              fine, that was your experience. i don't think anyone claimed it could do anything for baseline redness. what you originally stated was the very reactionary

No one with Rosacea would put Aloe Vera near their Face
                              as if it were a harmful substance. those are two very different statements. your words matter. try to exercise a bit of caution before just throwing them around and consider giving newcomers a warm welcome instead of the brush off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post

Yeh and then this medical research result tells you that there is a LOT more rebound worsening and increased erythema from applying brimonidine topical, sigh...
                                http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-96...177-8/fulltext

Surely it works in constricting the blood vessels... only to DILATE them even worse afterwards. For most that is. I doubt that adding aloe vera to the mix will change any of that by the way. Neither for a Benadryl lotion. They have no chemical action to counteract this process. The only peope I feel Mirvaso/Brimonidine will work for, are the ones who do not suffer from highly reactive facial blood vessels. Who don't have aggressive flushing (the patient group Mirvaso was designed for in the first place, according to Galderma).
                                My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

Working...
                                X