Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebound will subside

Hi LillyLou, I am so sorry you are going through this. The good news is that the rebound reaction will gradually subside. I felt a lot better after 12 days. Its now three months since my single application and there is no more residual flushing...hang in there and stay calm...your body just needs to return to equilibrium. I do not have any permanent damage but I was in emotional shock while I was going through the rebound period. My best advice is to take good care of your emotions...this is a very stressful experience but you are going to be okay.

Comment

• Yea I second the above post - stay strong, it will get better. Just try to at all costs avoid your triggers at this time, as I found that being exposed to a trigger whilst still rebounding made the flush last for so long. If you don't already have anti-flushing meds you could look into getting some to help control the flushing e.g. moxonidine, clonidine etc. Also eat well and drink lots of water to help your body recover. I personally find aspirin can be useful in reducing the inflammation/flushing of Rosacea, additionally I read on another forum that some users found it useful to hold an ice block wrapped in a compress that had been dipped in cold black tea against their face (I didn't find this helped my situation).

I speak from experience, I am still partially recovering from the negative effects of Mirvaso 3 weeks after first applying it! Mirvaso is a nasty drug that should be removed from the market to prevent further distress to patients that are already self-conscious regarding the appearance of their skin. Please report your experience to the relevant drugs agency and Galderma themselves for further investigation!

Stay strong, you will get through this and be a stronger person because of it.

Comment

• I had to jump on and post about my experience with this medication. I only used Mirvaso about 4 days before the rebound started. I figured I would power through it (yeah, right) and continue to use Mirvaso once a day in the morning...I did that for about 3 more days and as of today my cheeks and nose are so flushed they look purple. I am devastated. I really, really hope this goes away. Prior to using Mirvaso my flushing was considered moderate, and I always had some level of redness. What I am experiencing now has taken my face to a whole new level and the heat that comes with it is crazy. Has anyone had any luck with IPL after using Mirvaso? Or does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to make this better?? I am not even going to chance trying to mix the Mirvaso with something else, I'm too scared. We are supposed to go on vacation in a few weeks and as of right now I don't even want to leave the house.

Comment

• Originally posted by aimhigh View Post
          I had to jump on and post about my experience with this medication. I only used Mirvaso about 4 days before the rebound started. I figured I would power through it (yeah, right) and continue to use Mirvaso once a day in the morning...I did that for about 3 more days and as of today my cheeks and nose are so flushed they look purple. I am devastated. I really, really hope this goes away. Prior to using Mirvaso my flushing was considered moderate, and I always had some level of redness. What I am experiencing now has taken my face to a whole new level and the heat that comes with it is crazy. Has anyone had any luck with IPL after using Mirvaso? Or does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to make this better?? I am not even going to chance trying to mix the Mirvaso with something else, I'm too scared. We are supposed to go on vacation in a few weeks and as of right now I don't even want to leave the house.
          I just cant get over how stupid you've been to put this dangerous product on your face in the first place .Anyone who puts this on their face gets no sympathy from me .pure madness because weve all been warned to stay away from it .

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy33 View Post
            I just cant get over how stupid you've been to put this dangerous product on your face in the first place .Anyone who puts this on their face gets no sympathy from me .pure madness because weve all been warned to stay away from it .
            Well, thanks Andy....I feel better already.

Its a good thing I didn't come here looking for sympathy, but solutions. Obviously your solution is to just make people feel crappier than they already do. I guess after years and years of trying everything and not getting any relief, I made the mistake of trusting my doctor and didn't see this board until after I used the medication.

Comment

• Social Contract

Originally posted by aimhigh View Post
              I made the mistake of trusting my doctor...
              And I trusted the FDA.

aimhigh, I'm sorry you are suffering. Please read the posts above...you are going to be okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by aimhigh View Post
                Well, thanks Andy....I feel better already.

Its a good thing I didn't come here looking for sympathy, but solutions. Obviously your solution is to just make people feel crappier than they already do. I guess after years and years of trying everything and not getting any relief, I made the mistake of trusting my doctor and didn't see this board until after I used the medication.
                Im really Sorry for giving out to you .But Im just sick to death now of hearing about People getting rebound Flushing from Mirvaso . Its like a scratched record

Is there anyone out there who didn't get rebound .. That's what I want to hear . But sadly there wont be one genuine person .

Mirvaso is a dangerous product that should never have seen the light of day . Its just a Circus now at this stage
                Andy33
                This user has been banned from this forum
                Last edited by Andy33; 5 May 2014, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Thank you so much for the positive words Shikasta and rosaceaclearwannabe. I really needed to hear some positivity right now. It is helpful to know things will get better. I will definitely talk to my doctor about getting something to help with the flushing.

Comment

Im really Sorry for giving out to you .But Im just sick to death now of hearing about People getting rebound Flushing from Mirvaso . Its like a scratched record

Is there anyone out there who didn't get rebound .. That's what I want to hear . But sadly there wont be one genuine person .

Mirvaso is a dangerous product that should never have seen the light of day . Its just a Circus now at this stage
                    I'm afraid there will be a lot more rosacea patients trying and suffering from Mirvaso :/ Warning them and giving the links to this rebound disaster thing often makes them initially think you are just a negative party pooper... I'm sorry for people out there being in distress for the bad rebound this drug is giving, it will subside for the major majority of people. But by now it's not as if this information has been hidden in dark corners, I think that's what Andy wants to stress here (correct me if I'm wrong). Some people want to burn their own hands before believing it, or don't use google...
                    My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                      I'm afraid there will be a lot more rosacea patients trying and suffering from Mirvaso :/ Warning them and giving the links to this rebound disaster thing often makes them initially think you are just a negative party pooper... I'm sorry for people out there being in distress for the bad rebound this drug is giving, it will subside for the major majority of people. But by now it's not as if this information has been hidden in dark corners, I think that's what Andy wants to stress here (correct me if I'm wrong). Some people want to burn their own hands before believing it, or don't use google...
                      Thanks Nat . That's exactly my point .

Comment

While the majority of negative reports on the internet seems to be strong evidence that Mirvaso causes more problems than what the package insert claims, there are a few positive reports which can't be confirmed and apparently there must be a number of successful reports that are unaccounted for since one physician reports this:

"I am a physician and have prescribed Mirvaso for many of my patients. No significant problums thus far." Dr W, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Caregiver) 5/1/2014 11:43:28 AM

Why don't successful users of Mirvaso report in online rosacea forums? Could it be that they are happy with Mirvaso and go their merry way not needing to search Google for those who have successfully used Mirvaso and are happy?

There has been now at least one clinical paper that discussed the negative reports of using Mirvaso.

Abstract:
                        Rebound erythema and burning sensation from a new topical brimonidine tartrate gel 0.33%
                        Ethan T. Routt, BA Jacob O. Levitt, MD
                        Full Article:
                        http://www.jaad.org/...1177-8/fulltext
                        PDF:
                        Rebound erythema and burning sensation from a new topical brimonidine tartrate gel 0.33%

Without a doubt there will be more clinical papers on Mirvaso and the negative reports will be substantiated. The above report concluded:

"Even though the Mirvaso package insert reports infrequent erythema worse than baseline, this number may be higher in practice."

As for the successful reports, they will without a doubt be substantiated if there are any since the above report is just the first one to check what Galderma reports in the package insert. If there are no substantiated reports then you will be correct. Until we have actual clinical papers that substantiate all the numerous anecdotal reports, all we have is unsubstantiated reports. But as you point out, it seems Mirvaso isn't as good as the package insert claims. However, there are a few positive reports of unsubstantiated users who continue to use Mirvaso and seem happy with it.
                        Brady Barrows
                        Last edited by Brady Barrows; 6 May 2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                          While the majority of negative reports on the internet seems to be strong evidence that Mirvaso causes more problems than what the package insert claims, there are a few positive reports which can't be confirmed and apparently there must be a number of successful reports that are unaccounted for since one physician reports this:

"I am a physician and have prescribed Mirvaso for many of my patients. No significant problums thus far." Dr W, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Caregiver) 5/1/2014 11:43:28 AM

[/FONT][/COLOR]
                          For all we know this physician is a Galderma rep. A Ph.D writing problems as 'problums', hmmmm...
                          The severity of the rebound that is described by the wide majority of the 200+ negative reviewers I (we?) gathered by now, should indicate to any new user that there is a significant risk associated with using Mirvaso. Most of the positive reviews (less than 50 still) appeared in the very early stages of the Mirvaso launch. It has stagnated almost completely the past months. You can say this is because new users are so happy and content that they totally forget about the internet and rosacea forums and updating, but another explanation is that reps no longer post under different user names. Just a hypothesis, I know. But there are some names circulating on some of the Mirvaso threads, who repeatedly urge people to keep using Mirvaso, mixing it up with all sorts of things and long term posters there noticed this as well and ask such pro Mirvaso posters to stop repeating themselves on every possible occasion and accuse them of being Galderma people..

I still hope Mirvaso will help a lot of sufferers, but don't be blind to the overwhelming amount of user reviews that are already out there, mostly negative.
                          My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• nat007,

If you do a PubMed search on Tetracycline gets 55,102 results as of this date.
                            If you do a PubMed search on 'metronidazole' you obtain today 15,520 results.
                            Doxycycline gets 11,966 results.
                            Isotretionin gets 3,591 results.

Brimonidine or Mirvaso results only with 1,401 results

In time, there will without a doubt be more clinical papers written on Mirvaso since funding for anything Galderma does results in funds for such reports. All you do is see what the NRS is funding for research and notice the pattern.

There will be more reports in time. Follow the money.

If you do a PubMed search of 'demodex,' you get 654 results, just to compare.

Comment

• aloe vera!

Try applying aloe vera gel over the areas you apply mirvaso first. Leave for at least 10 min before applying mirvaso gel. Then before going to bed wash your face and again apply aloe vera gel. This has stopped the rebound flushing for me! Also only apply a small amount of mirvaso! When applying in the morning make sure u apply sunscreen!

Hope this helps!
                              Aloe vera gel must be pure gelsmile, cheap of ebay!

Aloe vera works well because it contains a natural anti inflammatory!

Originally posted by Acanthous View Post
                              I'm not sure how many people will see this review here, but the FDA approval thread is crazy long and full of cruft so hopefully people will find this thread. My report:

I used 3 pea-sized blobs for whole face, at 2pm on the day I got the script ($50 w/coupon). I am a flusher, with many, many triggers, including 'being alive' and 'breathing'. Deepest flushing is on nose and cheeks, but rest of face, neck and chest also flush. I always have some redness. Observations:

- I was white like a vampire for approximately 14-15 hrs. Not even red wine and pasta made the treated areas flush.
                              -this is not as good a look as I imagined it would be. Also, it highlighted the neck and chest flushing I have.
                              - some normal flushing started coming back on face and cheeks around 8am the next day.
                              - extreme, weird rebound flushing on cheeks starting by 9 am. Deep, blotchy flush, very hot and uncomfortable. I was actually able to get in for an IPL treatment, reasoning that it might be a good time to target the most disordered capillaries. I had more swelling than usual from the IPL. Hopefully it zapped some stuff good.
                              - oddly, my nose stayed quite pale much longer than the rest of my face and did not seem to rebound badly.
                              -3 days post-mirvaso and 2 days post-ipl, flushing is low on most of my face, but one cheek became very flushy and warm around 9:30 after my habitual morning green tea. It's still disproportionally flushed but better.

I will probaby spot-test mirvaso again, using a tiny fraction of the prescribed amount. But my initial experience suggests that, for me, great caution is warranted.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by rich_kc View Post
                                Try applying aloe vera gel over the areas you apply mirvaso first. Leave for at least 10 min before applying mirvaso gel. Then before going to bed wash your face and again apply aloe vera gel. This has stopped the rebound flushing for me! Also only apply a small amount of mirvaso! When applying in the morning make sure u apply sunscreen!

Hope this helps!
                                Aloe vera gel must be pure gelsmile, cheap of ebay!

Aloe vera works well because it contains a natural anti inflammatory!

What ever drugs you are on . You need to stop talking bull**** . Aloe Vera Gel .

Comment

Working...
                                X