No announcement yet.

Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just so were on the same page my nose has been permanently red since middle school, light pink on good days. my dermatologist said it was rosacea and gave me mirvaso. So yeah when i first used it I did the 5 pea sized amounts on my face and it was good until about a month after use i noticed the rebounding got pretty bad afterward so I only put it on my nose. with mirvaso and moisturizer only on my nose in 1 pea sized amount, it works. sorry I'm not sure if the redness nose flushing or not? you probably know more than I do

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
      alright I've been meaning to get back on here for a few days now, i put mirvaso on again after not using it for 4 days (b/c i thought i was building a tolerance to it) friday morning at 8am, by 9am my nose was white, around 2pm i had a cup of coffee and it went back to baseline red but nothing worse, about half an hour after the coffee it was a very light pink which is good for me. I took a shower later, went back to baseline red. then at 8:30pm i put on another pea sized amount on my nose, went out, drank copious amounts of alcohol, stumbled into the bathroom to see that my nose was nearly white, about 90 percent of the redness was gone. the next morning around 6am it was the same way and by 12 pm the next day my nose was just a light pinkish color about %50 percent better than usual. so yeah that was a great experience. Haven't used it again until 8:30am this morning and it took a little longer cause i have a lot of triggers right now (stress, haven't slept, freezing weather) but its getting closer and closer to white.
      also today I noticed I have zero intraocular pressure which was a common symptom for me. I think this is b/c i went with glasses instead of contacts today. so i guess the key for me is justing using it in moderation? Im gonna try using it only 3 times per week now after experimenting with it for 2 months.
      Im gonna have to say this stuff has been overall positive for me.
      I think Galderma made a good base for a successful product, but tried to rush it into production and were willing to take the risks of a lot of side effects because they knew this drug was far ahead of anything else in terms of what it could potentially do for you. maybe they were running out of money to spend on further research into reducing the side effects, but to produce a drug that makes every single patients face blow up? just doesn't seem like a good business strategy to me. But what do I know thats just my two cents.

recap:
      -mirvaso overall has been positive for me
      -companies like galderma care about profit, not you or me

for now mirvaso is all I've got and i think its a great start for future medicines down the road. Ill continue to use it sparingly until there is something better.
      annonymouse, I have removed you from the ambiguous list into the positive list which makes you 37. You are a rare poster among the elite 37 who report Mirvaso works for you. The 122 negative reports keep growing.

Comment

• Found some posts at WebMD which changed the current count:

Positive
        43 reports

Negative
        126 reports

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
          You are a rare poster among the elite 37 who report Mirvaso works for you.
          Actually, many of those you consider positive probably experienced unreported rebounds. Most of the "positive" reports were only the initial stages when almost everyone has a positive experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiry View Post
            Actually, many of those you consider positive probably experienced unreported rebounds. Most of the "positive" reports were only the initial stages when almost everyone has a positive experience.
            I put the following notice before the links to the reports:

Please note about the following anecdotal reports:
            Initially many users report positive results from using Mirvaso, then later report negative 'rebound' results. So be aware that the few Positive Reports may later be moved to the Negative Reports upon evidence of a change. You should be aware that it is rarely possible to validate anecdotal reports. Most users hide behind a display name so there is no way to know who is actually posting which means that the same user could be posting as different or multiple posters. The other issue with anecdotal reports is that any report could be totally false and is a ruse to sway user opinion. However, the reason rosacea sufferers use display names is for privacy and some of these reports may be authentic, useful or helpful. The anecdotal posts contained in this thread on Mirvaso (Posts #2, #3 and #4 in this thread below cannot be verified) if any are posted by RRDi Members can be confirmed if necessary by the RRDi administration by contacting the member if the member chooses to confirm the report. However, the anecdotal reports collected from different sources from various internet sites not associated with the RRDi are now in two spreadsheets for positive and negative. Just click on the link in the last column of the spreadsheet to view the sources of the report. After Post #5, in this thread, there may be some members of the RRDi who may actually post a Mirvaso experience. So far members of the RRDi have not posted one Mirvaso experience. The RRDi can validate all posts from Post #5 on, since these reports can be confirmed because we have names and addresses of the poster and their IP address. Due to our privacy policy we are not allowed to reveal the identities of any RRDi member who posts, but we can validate the person exists and can follow up on the individual who reports a Mirvaso experience by email, postal address or telephone (if they choose to reply back). Each anecdotal report mentioned in Post #1 below has a link with the number of reports under Postive or Negative (this is the post your are currently reading now) which shows the source of the report at the end column in the spreadsheet. So you have been duly informed about the following anecdotal reports in this post (which are now listed in detail in spreadsheets as either positive or negative). Also please read the addendum at the end of all these posts that explains Post #2, 3 and 4. The posts are organized by date.

Positive
            43 reports

Negative
            126 reports

Source

Comment

• the usual

2 weeks later and I'm still getting the same results y'all, using mirvaso 3-4 times a week, works almost flawless, then back to baseline when its over. One thing i noticed is when I get my triggers my nose gets a little bit more red than usual but thats it.

feel free to ask me anything or further question my legitimacy

Comment

• Another negative review...

Managed to get hold of some of this Mirvaso stuff in the UK recently. Only cost £50 as compared to the hundreds of dollars price tag I've heard of some people paying. However I found it pretty useless to be honest.

Some background: fairly noticeably redness usually with intermittent flushing in reaction to stress and alcohol. To get any effect from the Mirvaso I had to apply several "pea-sized amounts". Effects were initially impressive, decent reduction in redness. This would last for about 4 hours before the so-called "rebound flushing" occurring.

I only used Mirvaso for 2 days in a row and have stopped use for the past two days but am still considerably redder than I was before. I'm optimistic that I'll make a recovery after reading what people have said here though. Thanks to everyone else who has inputted, it's reassuring to know that other people are experiencing similar stuff.

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by lame_moniker View Post
                  Managed to get hold of some of this Mirvaso stuff in the UK recently. Only cost £50 as compared to the hundreds of dollars price tag I've heard of some people paying. However I found it pretty useless to be honest.

Some background: fairly noticeably redness usually with intermittent flushing in reaction to stress and alcohol. To get any effect from the Mirvaso I had to apply several "pea-sized amounts". Effects were initially impressive, decent reduction in redness. This would last for about 4 hours before the so-called "rebound flushing" occurring.

I only used Mirvaso for 2 days in a row and have stopped use for the past two days but am still considerably redder than I was before. I'm optimistic that I'll make a recovery after reading what people have said here though. Thanks to everyone else who has inputted, it's reassuring to know that other people are experiencing similar stuff.

Cheers.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the medication from in the UK?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by roasceaclearwannabe View Post
                    Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the medication from in the UK?

Thanks
                    Pharmacy2U is an NHS approved online pharmacy offering repeat prescription delivery and a private online doctor service. Regulated by GPhC and the CQC

You have to fill out a questionnaire about your symptoms and any other medication you may be on. Then wait for ~24hrs for their doctors to approve you and prescribe the drug. I had a good experience with the site and would recommend it to anyone interested (I don't work for them!). That said, I wouldn't recommend mirvaso. I have tried to use it one more time since my last post and it didn't even give me an initial redness reduction. About 1hr after application my face started flushing and didn't stop for about 12hrs. I guess I have very sensitive skin.

Comment

• Change me to NEGATIVE

I made a couple previous posts praising Mirvaso and making the case for illusory rebound flushing. I apologize if I offended people and I take it all back. I have been applying mirvaso daily since it's release. I always experienced a painful flush several hours after application, but I thought 'It's transient. It still has an overall net benefit". That was then.

I have seb derm along with rosacea (8 years now. Ugh). The SD was severe until 5 years ago when a dermatologist put me on the xolegel and exitina forms of ketoconazole. Since then, my seborrheic dermatitis has been virtually nonexistent. Five days ago my skin erupted into the most brutally painful, hideous SD breakout I've ever had. I continued for two days to put on both mirvaso and the ketoconazole but the effects were bizarre - only slightly reduced redness and increased pain, swelling, itching upon application and never ending! I have been in constant pain and severe redness with near constant itching and edema. I saw my dermatologist yesterday and she told me to stop Mirvaso immediately and put me on Elidel for the SD. She said she wants to see if the Mirvaso caused the seborrheic dermatitis! I have to apply elidel until the samples run out, them only the ketoconazole and then if my skin is clear of SD she wants to put me back on Mirvaso. If then I breakout in another episode of SD then she said the mirvaso will have been the cause. If so, that will be a devastating, yet hopefully helpful revelation. I will proudly be the guinea pig but I am so anxious about it all I feel depressed.

Attached pic is the initial breakout. It looked twice as bad the next morning when the effects of mirvaso had totally worn off. P.S. I had to call in sick to work. I look nonhuman.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by billyraybar View Post
                        Scott,
                        I'm calling B.S. on this one. The ainti-science, anti-evidenced based medicine meme gets lots of support on forums like these for sure. Yet, it is pure nonsensical paranoic type thinking that is destructive to health. The irony is that unqualified patients are the last ones to trust when it comes to the effectiveness of unscientific treatments because they are based upon the weakest of all evidences -- superstition and anecdotes. Concerning your post, I suspect you are flat out lying or misrepresenting your doctor. If not, please list you doctor's name and phone number -- I would like to question him/her.
                        Originally posted by billyraybar View Post
                        Advice: Do not use the word 'rebound' willy-nilly. In the weak sense of the word everyone will experience a rebound effect using mirvaso because the redness will return after the medication wears off. And if it seems that the post Mirvaso redness is worsened -- bear in mind it is not necessarily due to the medication. It could be coincidence. Heck, the redness might not be really worse, it might be your mind playing tricks on you. For a better look at the fda info. Check out http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsa.../204708lbl.pdf
                        (Don't let you kid take a sip of this sttuff-- yikes!)
                        Also as far as I can tell, Mirvaso does not cause the freakishly ashen or ghostly pale skin that some folks are reporting. I dabbed some of it on my uber-tanned (yet red free) arm and a rosacea free area of my face and observed zero change in color.
                        Originally posted by anon24 View Post
                        LOL at this guy. Come back when you've used it on your face for 2 weeks.
                        Originally posted by Mirvaso2013 View Post
                        Im 100% with you on this one
                        Hi billyraybar, I guess those people were right then when they commented on your post?
                        Sorry to read of your flare though. Do you also experience general increased redness/flushing now, since using Mirvaso for some time? I mean, other than the seb derm flare? Seb derm tends to have a different skin structure than normal red rosacea skin, for most people, maybe you can determine in your case which part of the flare is sb derm and which is just vasodilatation?

I'm glad the ketoconazole usually helps you, it helps me as well with my seb derm. Is it an idea to just stop the mirvaso, apply the ketoconazole again and ride the flaring out? I think most feel thijngs will improve and normalize again after a few days.. Sorry for your distress, I hope things get better soon for you. Best wishes
                        Last edited by nat007; 11 April 2014, 09:47 PM.
                        My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

I made a couple previous posts praising Mirvaso and making the case for illusory rebound flushing. I apologize if I offended people and I take it all back. I have been applying mirvaso daily since it's release. I always experienced a painful flush several hours after application, but I thought 'It's transient. It still has an overall net benefit". That was then.

I have seb derm along with rosacea (8 years now. Ugh). The SD was severe until 5 years ago when a dermatologist put me on the xolegel and exitina forms of ketoconazole. Since then, my seborrheic dermatitis has been virtually nonexistent. Five days ago my skin erupted into the most brutally painful, hideous SD breakout I've ever had. I continued for two days to put on both mirvaso and the ketoconazole but the effects were bizarre - only slightly reduced redness and increased pain, swelling, itching upon application and never ending! I have been in constant pain and severe redness with near constant itching and edema. I saw my dermatologist yesterday and she told me to stop Mirvaso immediately and put me on Elidel for the SD. She said she wants to see if the Mirvaso caused the seborrheic dermatitis! I have to apply elidel until the samples run out, them only the ketoconazole and then if my skin is clear of SD she wants to put me back on Mirvaso. If then I breakout in another episode of SD then she said the mirvaso will have been the cause. If so, that will be a devastating, yet hopefully helpful revelation. I will proudly be the guinea pig but I am so anxious about it all I feel depressed.

Attached pic is the initial breakout. It looked twice as bad the next morning when the effects of mirvaso had totally worn off. P.S. I had to call in sick to work. I look nonhuman.
                          BillyRayBar,

Thanks for updating your report. You are one rare person to come back and let us know that your positive reports, while many, have turned negative. Of the 49 reports I have collected that are positive we rarely hear anything from any of these posters ever again. Only a handful continue to give us any updates. You are negative report number 158 on my list. So how long were on Mirvaso?
                          Last edited by Brady Barrows; 11 April 2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Well SD is really never cured - it goes away and comes back in phases on it's own.
                            From my own experience it could be months or years between really bad breakouts
                            even though you may have continually used ketoconazole to keep it under control the whole time.

That said - I think you have an excellent derm who understands your situation
                            (rosacea + SD) is tough to distinguish

Keep us up to date on if she thinks it is due to Mirvaso as opposed to an SD breakout
                            I would think it be tough to decide unless you are willing to go through multiple trials
                            Last edited by man_from_mars; 12 April 2014, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Hi billyraybar,

Despite your previous posts, have to express how sorry I am about this for you. But look,
                              Is it " worth it to be a guinea pig" for your derm? I believe our skin can only take so much
                              'Abuse' of product after product before it screams 'no more!' My thoughts for you are
                              To stop using mirvaso period. I do not think this is a wise decision from your derm at all.

About 3 months ago, I was having a terrible time trying to treat my skin because I had
                              Discovered I had SD also and I did not know how to treat it. With my derm, we decided
                              To do 200 mg. diflucan once a week for 3 weeks. This was extremely helpful in
                              Distinguishing which areas of my face were affected by the SD and then treat
                              Appropriately. This process may or may not be helpful to you; I do not know
                              How extensive SD is on your face. However, it may greatly give you a reprieve from
                              The SD aggravation and allow the rosacea to calm down. Taking the diflucan for me
                              Did both. Once the SD was 'gone' the rosacea was tamed considerably.

Elidel is a worthy product, IMO, but should be used sparingly not so much for its black box
                              Warnings, but because it can be so effective, to loose that bullet in your arsenal of weapons
                              Would be a big loss. In your case, I see where your derm is going with it --- you ARE in
                              Agony right now. BUT! Adding one more topical when your skin is in bad shape often
                              Backfires. If the elidel works and calms your skin down, great!!!! Before you return
                              To using the K cream, rest your skin for a few days. Putting mirvaso back on your skin
                              To see if it aggravates your skin???? Even if we were talking about Vaseline I would
                              Challenge you with the same question-- WHY risk aggravating your skin to a level in
                              Which you can not recover??? Just sayin'...............

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                                Hi billyraybar,

Despite your previous posts, have to express how sorry I am about this for you. But look,
                                Is it " worth it to be a guinea pig" for your derm? I believe our skin can only take so much
                                'Abuse' of product after product before it screams 'no more!' My thoughts for you are
                                To stop using mirvaso period. I do not think this is a wise decision from your derm at all.

About 3 months ago, I was having a terrible time trying to treat my skin because I had
                                Discovered I had SD also and I did not know how to treat it. With my derm, we decided
                                To do 200 mg. diflucan once a week for 3 weeks. This was extremely helpful in
                                Distinguishing which areas of my face were affected by the SD and then treat
                                Appropriately. This process may or may not be helpful to you; I do not know
                                How extensive SD is on your face. However, it may greatly give you a reprieve from
                                The SD aggravation and allow the rosacea to calm down. Taking the diflucan for me
                                Did both. Once the SD was 'gone' the rosacea was tamed considerably.

Elidel is a worthy product, IMO, but should be used sparingly not so much for its black box
                                Warnings, but because it can be so effective, to loose that bullet in your arsenal of weapons
                                Would be a big loss. In your case, I see where your derm is going with it --- you ARE in
                                Agony right now. BUT! Adding one more topical when your skin is in bad shape often
                                Backfires. If the elidel works and calms your skin down, great!!!! Before you return
                                To using the K cream, rest your skin for a few days. Putting mirvaso back on your skin
                                To see if it aggravates your skin???? Even if we were talking about Vaseline I would
                                Challenge you with the same question-- WHY risk aggravating your skin to a level in
                                Which you can not recover??? Just sayin'...............

The Elidel black box warning is complete b.s.. The FDA is using totally flawed reasoning -- the studies they are basing it on are not testing topically applied elidel.

The whole point of trying mirvaso again is to test whether mirvaso is causing a seborrheic dermatitis eruption. Right now all that can be said is that I had a bad seb derm flare while I was using elidel. The concomitance of two events does not imply causation. Right now it is only a suspicion. The suspicion will have good evidence if a severe seb derm outbreak occurs again when I return to applying daily mirvaso. I am only coming back to mirvaso after the seb derm completely clears. My current predicament could be an unlikely coincidence.

I am virtually certain that mirvaso can cause daily flushing. I have been applying mirvaso almost every day since about a week after the first user experience was reported on this forum. And every day I experience a moderate to severe flush, sometimes unprovoked lasting anywhere from 30 mins to several hours. Prior to mirvaso my flushes were rare and mild and never occurred without me baking in the sun or prolonged exposure to freezing cold temps, or exercising heavily.

I actually did try stopping mirvaso about 1 month ago and I've missed a day a time or two. When I stopped a month ago for 4 days it was bizarre. The first day off it I had a definite increased redness over what I've seen in years and it was splotchy. The second day my nosed burned and was really really red - my entire nose and one side of my face was fire red too. The third day looked bad everywhere except for a small spot on my cheek that was pale. The fourth day things looked within a bad normal red. I say that because prior to mirvaso my redness would wax and wane but never go away completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X