Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nat007 View Post
    I disagree Brady, it seems to me Kekue did use Mirvaso (he states he used it for 2 weeks, in the post below here), at least based on his posts. This is what he posted on the same day in this thread http://www.rosazea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6324

Kekue also wrote, on January 8th 2014: (translated by me) "I have the same symptoms. I also threw this product away after 2 weeks. The skin stayed deep red, just as the flushings. It can take up to 6 months for the skin to return to its normal state. The redness comes from within and isn't from outside (external)."
    Different spelling because Germans write words differently?
    Hi Nat, I didn't see your post before my post, We both found the same post

Comment

• Mirvaso experience

My experience with mirvaso.

I have been using it daily for 3 months and I thought it was miraculous at first.. I didn't have to wear foundation to cover redness, I loved it! But then...

, I am going to dermo Monday for severe burning spots and blisters on my face caused by Mirvaso. It was fine for a month or so then I started noticing if I didn't use it, my face would turn unnaturally red, worse than sunburn - I was in the sun for about one hour prior to the severe burning and blisters started...nothing major just outside, I wasn't laying in the sun, etc.... After that day, the patches and blistering started. I couldn't stop using mirvaso because if I don't use it I have blotchy random and unnatural redness on my face. Obviously, at this point I am taking the burning and blisters over using the product.

Comment

• Still suffering

I went to my dermatologist in October 2013 and he prescribed Mirvaso for me.
        I was on it for only 3 days when the rebound flushing came in full force.
        He instructed me to immediately discontinue use and face my an anti inflamitory lotion to use on my face.
        It took almost 2 weeks before the beet red color left my face.
        However, I am still suffering from this side affect on my nose.
        It is red, the blood vessels are very prevalent and it actual hurts from the inside of my nose most of the time.
        The discomfort is unbarable.
        When I breath through my nose it actually hurts.
        I am getting ready to find legal council.
        No topical medication should mar a person after only 3 days.
        I am not sure how I can get myself back to normal (no pain, light rosacea on my nose).
        I wish I would never has used this product.
        Can anyone suggest what I can do for this problem?
        I was wondering if laser treatment would work at this point.

Comment

• Most have reported back to normal baseline after a few weeks. I suggest you discuss this further with your physician who prescribed it. You are number 105 on the list.
          Brady Barrows
          Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

• uh oh, oh no, no more mirvaso

Hey there fellow rosacians. I'm 26 and have had mild rosacea since the beginning of high school. I never imagined that I'd join a forum such as this, but this drug drove me to "see red," so to speak. After receiving a small sample size of mirvaso from my dermatologist I was absolutely skeptical of any credentials this drug may have. I had no intentions of even trying it, but rosacea is relentless and after a week or so of hanging on to my little sample tube I finally made the decision to apply it. About ten minutes after applying I couldn't believe what I was seeing, or wasn't seeing... NO RED! Needless to say my excitement had me dancing around my apartment and put me in one of the best moods I've felt in a long time. The red had dissipated and the flushing was almost completely gone... I felt victorious. Fast forward seven or eight hours later and cue the dreadful, lurking orchestra music as I physically felt the drug wearing off. Without any triggers present I began feeling my facial blood vessels dilate uncontrollably. Luckily I had just finished my shift at work and came home to see what was beginning to go on and I took a look in the mirror... call me patches. Uneven DARK red areas where the drug was probably wearing off began surfacing around clearer areas of skin. Eventually my entire face became dilated once the drug was no longer working, but the flush I experienced after it was unlike any other. Unrelenting, tightened skin, deep-dark red patches entangled amongst "less" red skin for the rest of the night. It was horrific, but rosacea is horrific so I decided I would continue to use it anyways despite the forums and first-time experience. Onto day two of use... same results. My skin looked so, so good a few minutes after initial application and once again I was on cloud nine. Fast-forward to the come down and there I sat in the same red boat as before thinking WTF! At that point I knew that this cream was doing something bad, but the climax of the drug felt so good, I couldn't just give it up. I went through the cycle one final time, but this time the come-down flush and after-effects was too much to take. I sit here now about twenty-four hours after my last application flushed and dilated more than ever about to go to work wishing that I had never found this drug. Such a tease and waste of money. Initial results - FANTASTIC... prolonged use results - I'm not going to be the one to find out. Uh oh, oh no, no more mirvaso. Good luck girls and guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by toomuchblush View Post
              Hey there fellow rosacians. I'm 26 and have had mild rosacea since the beginning of high school. I never imagined that I'd join a forum such as this, but this drug drove me to "see red," so to speak. After receiving a small sample size of mirvaso from my dermatologist I was absolutely skeptical of any credentials this drug may have. I had no intentions of even trying it, but rosacea is relentless and after a week or so of hanging on to my little sample tube I finally made the decision to apply it. About ten minutes after applying I couldn't believe what I was seeing, or wasn't seeing... NO RED! Needless to say my excitement had me dancing around my apartment and put me in one of the best moods I've felt in a long time. The red had dissipated and the flushing was almost completely gone... I felt victorious. Fast forward seven or eight hours later and cue the dreadful, lurking orchestra music as I physically felt the drug wearing off. Without any triggers present I began feeling my facial blood vessels dilate uncontrollably. Luckily I had just finished my shift at work and came home to see what was beginning to go on and I took a look in the mirror... call me patches. Uneven DARK red areas where the drug was probably wearing off began surfacing around clearer areas of skin. Eventually my entire face became dilated once the drug was no longer working, but the flush I experienced after it was unlike any other. Unrelenting, tightened skin, deep-dark red patches entangled amongst "less" red skin for the rest of the night. It was horrific, but rosacea is horrific so I decided I would continue to use it anyways despite the forums and first-time experience. Onto day two of use... same results. My skin looked so, so good a few minutes after initial application and once again I was on cloud nine. Fast-forward to the come down and there I sat in the same red boat as before thinking WTF! At that point I knew that this cream was doing something bad, but the climax of the drug felt so good, I couldn't just give it up. I went through the cycle one final time, but this time the come-down flush and after-effects was too much to take. I sit here now about twenty-four hours after my last application flushed and dilated more than ever about to go to work wishing that I had never found this drug. Such a tease and waste of money. Initial results - FANTASTIC... prolonged use results - I'm not going to be the one to find out. Uh oh, oh no, no more mirvaso. Good luck girls and guys.
              Thanks for posting your experience. You are currently number 113.
              Brady Barrows
              Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                Thanks for posting your experience. You are currently number 113.
                Yup, same here: http://scarletnat.blogspot.nl/2013/1...responses.html

Thanks for sharing your experience with us toomuchblush, I'm sorry Mirvaso didn't work out and its even worse because you get the victorious first few hours of normality, then followed by this nightmare.
                My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Wondering if anyone with an iPhone has tried the "Mirvaso Mirror" App for iPhones
                  Also wondering if they would be willing to post their pics here?

David Pascoe made a good write up on what to expect from the Mirvaso Mirror App
                  http://rosacea-support.org/mirvaso-m...es-mobile.html

I suspect Galderma is required to submit the Mirvaso Mirror App photos they receive to FDA - but don't know for sure though

Comment

• Originally posted by man_from_mars View Post

I suspect Galderma is required to submit the Mirvaso Mirror App photos they receive to FDA - but don't know for sure though
                    After careful filtering of negatives, no doubt - as seems to be the case with the trial results submitted to the FDA and other authorities in the approval applications.

Comment

• somewhat positive review

ok i finally decided I'm not too cool to post about my experience on here, I've been using mirvaso for almost 2 months now, 1 month consistently almost every day sometimes twice a day. the first month, every time i used it i had good results, i would just put 1 pea sized amount on my nose cause thats the only place i really have rosacea, now i put 1 pea size amount on my nose with cerave pm moisturizer because the cerave am with sunscreen doesn't rub in well with mirvaso, i rarely have rebound flushing and if i do its never too bad, when i have triggers the mirvaso is not as effective but still reduces the redness, it only lasts about 6-8 hrs for me, but it seems like i am slowly building a tolerance to it so i took today off and my nose is just baseline red, no rebound or anything, i called my derm today to talk about how it seems to be losing its strength and she has yet to call back. honestly the worst side effect for me is the intraocular pressure which gave me a severe headache one time but its not as bad since I've been using just 1 pea size amount on my nose. only reason i got on here was because i got nervous about mirvaso when i saw the original rebound flushing, ever since i mixed it with the moisturizer that stuff never happens now. i can guarantee 99% of people who had successful results are not gonna go on here to talk about it

Comment

• ok i just noticed i spelled anonymous wrong in my username but to regain my credibility ill say I'm a college student who makes
                        As and Bs

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                          honestly the worst side effect for me is the intraocular pressure which gave me a severe headache one time but its not as bad since I've been using just 1 pea size amount on my nose.
                          Be very, very careful about a raised intraocular pressure, especially if you suffer symptoms from it.

Raised intraocular pressure is usually indicative of glaucoma which, if untreated, can rapidly result in loss of sight. If you have a propensity towards glaucoma, using drugs such as brimonidine is not a good thing to do.

Losing one's sight is far worse than rosacea can ever be.

I have had glaucoma for over twenty years - I'm not writing without some insight (not a pun) into this.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                            ok i finally decided I'm not too cool to post about my experience on here, I've been using mirvaso for almost 2 months now, 1 month consistently almost every day sometimes twice a day. the first month, every time i used it i had good results, i would just put 1 pea sized amount on my nose cause thats the only place i really have rosacea, now i put 1 pea size amount on my nose with cerave pm moisturizer because the cerave am with sunscreen doesn't rub in well with mirvaso, i rarely have rebound flushing and if i do its never too bad, when i have triggers the mirvaso is not as effective but still reduces the redness, it only lasts about 6-8 hrs for me, but it seems like i am slowly building a tolerance to it so i took today off and my nose is just baseline red, no rebound or anything, i called my derm today to talk about how it seems to be losing its strength and she has yet to call back. honestly the worst side effect for me is the intraocular pressure which gave me a severe headache one time but its not as bad since I've been using just 1 pea size amount on my nose. only reason i got on here was because i got nervous about mirvaso when i saw the original rebound flushing, ever since i mixed it with the moisturizer that stuff never happens now. i can guarantee 99% of people who had successful results are not gonna go on here to talk about it
                            Your display user name is kind of cute, sort of a play on Mickey Mouse's alias when going undercover.

Your post is ambiguous so I have added it to the list (post #15 in this thread - see report #3). If you ever decide to be positive or negative on Mirvaso let us know so I can put you in the appropriate spreadsheet.

And why do you think that '99% of people who had successful results are not gonna go on here to talk about it?'
                            Brady Barrows
                            Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

• New here and joined because of my recent experience with Mirvaso. DO NOT LIKE!!! Quick history - in my early 40s, NEVER had skin problems until a few years ago. Tried Finacea - dried out my skin, Oracea and only using Aveeno calming line. My rosacea was mild - but it really bothered me - own worst critic. So I figured I would try Mirvaso, because I was sick of having reddish cheeks.

First day - great. Second day - so-so, had to reapply after about 5 hours, and noticed that I would still have red spots on my cheeks. Sometimes I would be a deeper red at night and in the morning - and this was more red than I was pre-Mirvaso. This was the last two weeks - yesterday was the LAST day I used this drug.

Yesterday was the worst day - I never flushed this much before using this drug. Right side of my face looked like I washed my face with a Brillo pad. That took 3+ hours to go away. My face was very hot, and hurt. I was also at work, and was asked what was wrong with me. Most of the time no one notices my rosacea, I was close to tears and called my derm office for an immediate appointment. Kind of pissed off - I really hope that Mirvaso didn't make my baseline worse.

Was given samples of Bionect, will see if that works and bought some pricey products from the derm office - Avene Antirougeurs cleansing milk and soothing cream...(even though I just had bought a new supply of Aveeno )

Comment

• Mirvaso - Not good

I'm a 46 year old male dealing with Rosacea for about 3 years. It's worse in the winter so I visited my dermo (PA) last Thursday and she suggested Mirvaso. She said she had only prescribed it once or twice and didn't have much feedback, I plan to give her some. For 3 days I applied it in the morning and thought it was a miracle then yesterday, Monday, just after noon, I experienced horrible redness, worse than I've ever seen. No triggers, just a sudden flush, burning, almost burgundy in a few spots. I took a long brisk walk and it seemed to calm down, only to return later in the day. I skipped the Mirvaso treatment today, Tuesday, but had the same flushing reaction about mid-day which didn't go away even after a walk. If I didn't have an appointment that had me leave work mid-afternoon I would have taken the afternoon off. As it was I had to sit through a few meetings with terrible flushing. Reading the reactions here I'm done with this experiment and am only hoping my face returns to pre-treatment levels quickly. As it happens I made an appoint for laser treatment next Thursday and hoping that will provide some relief. I've tried everything out there and am pretty frustrated, waiting for the spring which usually brings a little relief.

Comment

Working...
                                X