• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Shikasta

• Shikasta
    replied
    rebound will subside

Hi LillyLou, I am so sorry you are going through this. The good news is that the rebound reaction will gradually subside. I felt a lot better after 12 days. Its now three months since my single application and there is no more residual flushing...hang in there and stay calm...your body just needs to return to equilibrium. I do not have any permanent damage but I was in emotional shock while I was going through the rebound period. My best advice is to take good care of your emotions...this is a very stressful experience but you are going to be okay.

Leave a comment:

• LillyLou

• LillyLou
    replied
    Rebounding from Mirvaso

Hey All,

I too tried Mirvaso and am having horrible rebound flushing. I used it a total of 4 days, one application a day, and then stopped once I realized it was causing some awful flushing once it wore off. The first couple of days were great, but then it got awful. This is the worst flushing I've ever experienced and intense burning. I really wish I had done some research before trying it, because I would have never used it after reading some of the reviews on this forum. Looks like some users took weeks to recover and some never fully go back to baseline. Any advice or suggestions on how to help my face recover from this awful drug?

If you're thinking about using this drug- don't do it! It's awful.

Leave a comment:

• nat007

• nat007
    replied
    Originally posted by RedRob View Post
    Hello red brothers and sisters.

I thought I'd share my Mirvaso experience with you guys.
    I was diagnosed with rosacea 7 years ago (I'm 36 now) and before that I suffered from severe acne in my late teens/early twenties. As you can imagine During these 15 years + of fighting my various skin conditions I have tried it all! Everything from accutane to doxy to plain old hiding away from the world.
    When I first heard about Mirvaso I was very sceptical to say the least but as most of you on here who's tried Mivaso will probably recognise, my desperation got the better of my common sense. First couple of days i used it was great,amazeballs, wow check me out!! White skin, perfect completion, Johnny Depp eat your heart out! Two days later.......not so great. I started having these bizzarre rebound flushes. Now, through years of trying to keep rosacea in check I'm pretty dawn good at knowing what my triggers are and how to avoid them, I know when and where I'm gonna flush and from looking myself in the mirror in the morning I know if I'm gonna have a good day or not. This flushing however is something completely different! It would start in the early afternoon (without any of my usual triggers)and last for hours and there doesn't seem a way of stopping it. It's now been 7days since I last applied Mirvaso and only now is the flushing starting to subside a bit.im not back to baseline yet but it's getting better. I know it feels bloody hopeless when this rebound flush is at its worst but hang in there kids cause it does get better. I haven't been using any face wash or moisturiser at night in the last few days which for me seems to calm my skin, it leaves my face dry and flaky when I wake up but not as red as what it's been this last week. My guesstimate is its gonna take me another week or so to get back to normal baseline if the redness keeps reducing at the same speed it's been doing for the last week or so. I used Mirvaso for 4 days straight before I went cold turkey if anyone's wondering.
    So to anyone out there desperate for quick improvement, don't do it! This stuff is horrible.

Massive big love and monster hugs to anyone feeling down today cause of this mirvaso rebound, hang in there.

Red rob
    Thank you for sharing your experience Red Rob, Ill add you to the list (number 204). It sounds like everyone's description of the Mirvaso rebound sounds fairly similar and it is exactly the same as I had when testing Brimonidine on my skin back in 2010. What a shame. Hope you recover fully soon.

http://scarletnat.blogspot.nl/2013/1...responses.html

Leave a comment:

• RedRob

• RedRob
    replied
    Don't do it!

Hello red brothers and sisters.

I thought I'd share my Mirvaso experience with you guys.
    I was diagnosed with rosacea 7 years ago (I'm 36 now) and before that I suffered from severe acne in my late teens/early twenties. As you can imagine During these 15 years + of fighting my various skin conditions I have tried it all! Everything from accutane to doxy to plain old hiding away from the world.
    When I first heard about Mirvaso I was very sceptical to say the least but as most of you on here who's tried Mivaso will probably recognise, my desperation got the better of my common sense. First couple of days i used it was great,amazeballs, wow check me out!! White skin, perfect completion, Johnny Depp eat your heart out! Two days later.......not so great. I started having these bizzarre rebound flushes. Now, through years of trying to keep rosacea in check I'm pretty dawn good at knowing what my triggers are and how to avoid them, I know when and where I'm gonna flush and from looking myself in the mirror in the morning I know if I'm gonna have a good day or not. This flushing however is something completely different! It would start in the early afternoon (without any of my usual triggers)and last for hours and there doesn't seem a way of stopping it. It's now been 7days since I last applied Mirvaso and only now is the flushing starting to subside a bit.im not back to baseline yet but it's getting better. I know it feels bloody hopeless when this rebound flush is at its worst but hang in there kids cause it does get better. I haven't been using any face wash or moisturiser at night in the last few days which for me seems to calm my skin, it leaves my face dry and flaky when I wake up but not as red as what it's been this last week. My guesstimate is its gonna take me another week or so to get back to normal baseline if the redness keeps reducing at the same speed it's been doing for the last week or so. I used Mirvaso for 4 days straight before I went cold turkey if anyone's wondering.
    So to anyone out there desperate for quick improvement, don't do it! This stuff is horrible.

Massive big love and monster hugs to anyone feeling down today cause of this mirvaso rebound, hang in there.

Red rob

Leave a comment:

• nat007

• nat007
    replied
    On the Galderma rep forum the news of these severe rebound flushings finally seems to have sunken in as well (http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/sho...38135&page=3):

"Have you seen the reviews coming in for this stuff? It took our guys 7 years to 'develop' this thing and it still has the same rebound that made it unusable back in 2007. Frenchy realised it was a no go when he was still around and still decided to grease enough hands to get it released onto the market. Now us reps have a $300 lotion to push that only works for a week at best before ruining our customers faces for the next month. The joys of working at a morally and soon to be financially bankrupt company like Galderma"

"Yeah its selling now because most people are just trying it for the first time and see the great results you get from the first weeks or so of use. Don't expect much more than a 20% return rate as they start hitting the rebound and never want to touch the stuff again."

Leave a comment:

• Vovin

• Vovin
    replied
    Has anyone with Mirvaso strongly diluted the gel with moisturizer? It seems like there is a very polarizing effect of the skin going ghostly white and then rebounding to very red. I would be happy with just a little redness reduction, so why not use 25% mirvaso with 75% moisturizer?

I tried ordering this cream from pharmacy2U but just my luck, they won't ship to Canada or the USA.

Leave a comment:

• antrax
    replied
    Is someone willing to send me some mirvaso? cause many don't use it anymore i see.
    I live in Holland and it's not on the market here yet but i really want to try mirvaso!!

If you are willing to send me some, i will pay you ofcourse!
    Would be great!

Leave a comment:

• roasceaclearwannabe

• roasceaclearwannabe
    replied
    Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Please don't leave us in the dark as others have done. Please, please come back and update us on your decision.
    Don't worry I will, I'm currently leaning towards not using Mirvaso anymore. I have woken up today with a burning cheek from where Mirvaso was applied. Probably not the answer people were looking for but I will let everyone know if I change my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    Originally posted by roasceaclearwannabe View Post
    After 1 day of applying Mirvaso to one of my cheeks I have experienced quite intense rebound flushing. I am now left in a difficult situation where I don't know if to try mixing the Mirvaso with sunscreen in an attempt to reduce the risk of potential rebound flushing or if to just leave the treatment altogether.
    Please don't leave us in the dark as others have done. Please, please come back and update us on your decision.

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    Originally posted by Heskoo View Post
    Hey there,
    short time reader, short term sufferer and short term Mirvaso user

Took a while for my GP to say i had Roseca , and i kinda LOVE doing and eating everything it says do not, its like they took a list of everything i LOVE and said you cant have this or you might trigger a redness .. Half of me thinks just get on with it the other think be respectful.. its a toughy so iwent to a dermatologist and they sad to try Mirvaso

my reactions have been mixed, it certainly calms it down of that im sure, but then i get MAD hot flushed without my face going red then.. it goes very blotchy and red almost purple. I applied the cream again and after 45 mins it calmed down again but it feels like here is no steady reaction, if i sat in a room and didnt move im sure it would keep my skin calm, but if i start trying to actually do things then god knows what will happen!!

I didnt use it yesterday and my face was pretty red, but today its just kinda back to normal, red forehead and cheeks and redder temples

Ive been reccomended this cream "fx-silica" and it does feel a little calmer today and still not using Mirvaso until tomorrow to time it all properly and keep a very close eye on it.
    Thanks for your initial post. However, your post is ambiguous and I hesitate to put you in any category. Can you please come back and let us know what you decide with Mirvaso, whether you will continue using it or not? I have three ambiguous reports in post #15, JayGee, Girl-in-DC, and J. Rode who never came back and told us what they were doing with Mirvaso. I sure don't want to add you to the ambiguous list. Please, please, come back and update us on what you decide. Otherwise, you too will end up on my ambiguous list.

Leave a comment:

• roasceaclearwannabe

• roasceaclearwannabe
    replied
    After 1 day of applying Mirvaso to one of my cheeks I have experienced quite intense rebound flushing. I am now left in a difficult situation where I don't know if to try mixing the Mirvaso with sunscreen in an attempt to reduce the risk of potential rebound flushing or if to just leave the treatment altogether.

Leave a comment:

• scrystal

• scrystal
    replied
    Mirvaso rebound flushing

I used Mirvaso for about 5 weeks before I figured out that it was causing horrendous flushing as it wore off. I discontinued use yesterday and my entire face is bright red, swollen and tight, has bumps all over it and is painful. I had only minor flushing problems before using this and never even wore makeup to cover it up. Today I have concealer makeup smeared thickly over my face and even that is not enough to cover up the extreme redness and spontaneous flushing. I cannot skip work so have been hiding my face all day. Does anyone have any idea how long this will last or if anything works to lessen the redness? Benadryl has helped but I have to take it every 3 hours and it is knocking me out. I'm desperate to find a solution since I have a lot of important stuff coming up and don't want to look like a freak. I'm seeing the derm today but I'm hesitant to try anything he suggests now.

Leave a comment:

• Heskoo

• Heskoo
    replied
    Mirvaso

Hey there,
    short time reader, short term sufferer and short term Mirvaso user

Took a while for my GP to say i had Roseca , and i kinda LOVE doing and eating everything it says do not, its like they took a list of everything i LOVE and said you cant have this or you might trigger a redness .. Half of me thinks just get on with it the other think be respectful.. its a toughy so iwent to a dermatologist and they sad to try Mirvaso

my reactions have been mixed, it certainly calms it down of that im sure, but then i get MAD hot flushed without my face going red then.. it goes very blotchy and red almost purple. I applied the cream again and after 45 mins it calmed down again but it feels like here is no steady reaction, if i sat in a room and didnt move im sure it would keep my skin calm, but if i start trying to actually do things then god knows what will happen!!

I didnt use it yesterday and my face was pretty red, but today its just kinda back to normal, red forehead and cheeks and redder temples

Ive been reccomended this cream "fx-silica" and it does feel a little calmer today and still not using Mirvaso until tomorrow to time it all properly and keep a very close eye on it.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Red

• Simply Red
    replied
    I was at the dermatologist's yesterday for increasing oily skin and bumps. I think my issues are mostly seb-derm based more than rosacea, so we focused on that. She prescribed Retin-A and used some kind of electric needle on a bunch of sebaceous hyperplasia that I have on my forehead and nose. Felt like I was getting tattooed with a soldering iron. At the moment I look like a meth addict who's been picking at their face, lol... but hopefully when the skin heals up it will be nice and smooth(er). Not looking for perfection, just hoping the bumps on my nose are greatly reduced. We talked about my redness a bit and she mentioned that she could give me samples of Mirvaso, and also mentioned that she tried it herself and noticed a great reduction in her redness (she's very fair and "Irish" in complexion). She did said that she decided not to use it anymore because of some rebound. I told her I'd take the samples and we agreed that if I was pleased with it I could have it prescribed. I'm just going to sit on it for awhile and focus on using the Retin-A to see if it helps clear up my oilyness and frequent cystic acne issues. If there's a little redness to my skin, I'm not worried about it, I just want the oil under control.

I did crack and "spot test" a little area with Mirvaso last night and to be honest with you, I noticed no effects whatsoever in the area that I put it. No decrease in pinkness, no increase this morning after more than 12 hours. Again, I'm just going to hold on it for awhile and try to get a regular routine going before adding that stuff into the equation. If I ever do decide to use it, I'll likely just mix the tiniest pea sized amount into some moisturizer, spread that out over my whole face and closely monitor what happens... If I can find a balance where I notice it works well, I'll get a prescription and only break it out for special occasions, I suppose...
    Simply Red
    Last edited by Simply Red; 17 April 2014, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ShadwellLondon

• ShadwellLondon
    replied
    Photos

Thought I'd add some photos of my experience. One is with the mirvaso wearing off and the other is with my face burning hot. This was after day 3 of use
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X