No announcement yet.

Mirvaso user experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirvaso: over time? Q: To continue or not continue using it ...

I have used Mirvaso as prescribed for one week.

I find that it significantly reduces redness that I experience primarily on my cheeks, nose and forehead. Success!
    But after 6 or 7 hours the flushing/burning/full face sunburn is a new sensation and unwelcome side effect. The BRIGHT red, hot to the touch face is uncomfortable and of course, extremely embarrassing. It lasts for several hours or until I reapply Mirvaso.

Is this a lasting effect? Will my body adjust to Mirvaso? Do all users experience this 7-hour sunburn or does it diminish over time?
    I am trying to decide whether to give my body time to adjust to this drug, or whether I am making my rosacea worse.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Girl-in-DC View Post
      I have used Mirvaso as prescribed for one week.

I find that it significantly reduces redness that I experience primarily on my cheeks, nose and forehead. Success!
      But after 6 or 7 hours the flushing/burning/full face sunburn is a new sensation and unwelcome side effect. The BRIGHT red, hot to the touch face is uncomfortable and of course, extremely embarrassing. It lasts for several hours or until I reapply Mirvaso.

Is this a lasting effect? Will my body adjust to Mirvaso? Do all users experience this 7-hour sunburn or does it diminish over time?
      I am trying to decide whether to give my body time to adjust to this drug, or whether I am making my rosacea worse.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
      You may not have read the 110 page thread on Mirvaso, which I understand may seem daunting to say the least. As to what to do, you are the best judge of this, since you will live with the consequences which may be positive or negative.

Anyway, I cannot decide whether to put your post in the positive or negative list I am making here, therefore, I am listing your report as ambiguous.

Please give us an update when you decide with Mirvaso.
      Brady Barrows
      Last edited by Brady Barrows; 17 December 2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Bright red and burning after 3rd application

I went to my derm on Friday and she said that there was this great new product for my rosacea redness and gave me two samples and a prescription. I applied much less then the pea-sized amount. Just like many report, the results were quick. I was ecstatic. I even had a beer without flushing. When it wore off, my normal redness returned. I teach high school and last week a student told me I should play Santa because of my red cheeks--that's my normal look. The next day, I reapplied and spent all day outside and things were still great. I took a picture with my kids and noticed that my skin looked like a regular person's. About 8 hours after application, some redness reappeared. I had a Christmas party to go to, so I put a tiny bit more on. It lasted another few hours and then I went to bed. I woke up in the night and could feel the burning. In the morning, I had two bright red spots on my cheeks. They are normally red and often hot, but this looked and felt much worse than normal. Hoping for the best, I reapplied and things looked great for another 8 hours or so, but now the major flare-up is back. It happened earlier than last time. I'm going to call my derm in the morning. This stinks. I definitely won't be getting the prescription filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkhoch View Post
          I went to my derm on Friday and she said that there was this great new product for my rosacea redness and gave me two samples and a prescription. I applied much less then the pea-sized amount. Just like many report, the results were quick. I was ecstatic. I even had a beer without flushing. When it wore off, my normal redness returned. I teach high school and last week a student told me I should play Santa because of my red cheeks--that's my normal look. The next day, I reapplied and spent all day outside and things were still great. I took a picture with my kids and noticed that my skin looked like a regular person's. About 8 hours after application, some redness reappeared. I had a Christmas party to go to, so I put a tiny bit more on. It lasted another few hours and then I went to bed. I woke up in the night and could feel the burning. In the morning, I had two bright red spots on my cheeks. They are normally red and often hot, but this looked and felt much worse than normal. Hoping for the best, I reapplied and things looked great for another 8 hours or so, but now the major flare-up is back. It happened earlier than last time. I'm going to call my derm in the morning. This stinks. I definitely won't be getting the prescription filled.
          Some have reported in the long thread on Mirvaso and in other threads that it takes time to get your skin back to normal, but have done so. Hope your skin returns at least to your previous baseline and is not worse than before. I have added your report to the Negative list I have accumulated which is now:

20 Positive and 56 Negative

Comment

• Hello ho ho ho! I just stopped by to let you know about my experience with Mirvaso. I have suffered for years with redness and flushing so I was excited to try this new medication and see how it stood up to the demands of a cold winter job. I am happy to say it's been wonderful in keeping the red away for hours. So far I haven't had any negative side effects. Let's hope that keeps up. Here's the before and after pictures.

santa-claus-pics-01.jpgsanta-claus-pics-02.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Claus View Post
              Hello ho ho ho! I just stopped by to let you know about my experience with Mirvaso. I have suffered for years with redness and flushing so I was excited to try this new medication and see how it stood up to the demands of a cold winter job. I am happy to say it's been wonderful in keeping the red away for hours. So far I haven't had any negative side effects. Let's hope that keeps up. Here's the before and after pictures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2134[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2135[/ATTACH]
              Isn't Photoshop amazing!

Comment

Hello ho ho ho! I just stopped by to let you know about my experience with Mirvaso. I have suffered for years with redness and flushing so I was excited to try this new medication and see how it stood up to the demands of a cold winter job. I am happy to say it's been wonderful in keeping the red away for hours. So far I haven't had any negative side effects. Let's hope that keeps up. Here's the before and after pictures.

LOL, haha great one
                Especially love the spectacular before & after pics ;)
                My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
                  Isn't Photoshop amazing!

I'm glad it's working for ya Santa. Brady can add that to his list!

Comment

Ho Ho Ho!

Comment

• mirvaso after a month

I have been using it for a month but am now definitely going off it. I only had moderate flushing, but this was touted as a miracle cure and couldn't wait to try it. It worked fine, no more flushing….for a couple weeks. Then I noticed that when it wore off, I had scarlet-colored, weird patterns of flushing around my nose and cheeks that I NEVER had. When I am not using it, my rosacea is far worse than it ever was, and my face heats up like never before. . It's scary. Very disappointing, and cannot believe this stuff was approved for rosacea.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaycee1972 View Post
                        I have been using it for a month but am now definitely going off it. I only had moderate flushing, but this was touted as a miracle cure and couldn't wait to try it. It worked fine, no more flushing….for a couple weeks. Then I noticed that when it wore off, I had scarlet-colored, weird patterns of flushing around my nose and cheeks that I NEVER had. When I am not using it, my rosacea is far worse than it ever was, and my face heats up like never before. . It's scary. Very disappointing, and cannot believe this stuff was approved for rosacea.

I just want to urge everyone with this sort of 'rebound' reaction to contact the FDA and Galderma to report the adverse effects, you could save others from going through the same experience. Also I did read somewhere, can't remember if it was this forum or not but Galderma may refund the medication costs if you complain.

Comment

• Mirvaso Experience

Hello, I just found this thread and joined just to post my experience here.

I'm a 17 year old male who developed some mild acne on my left cheek during summer. This was not big deal at first, and as usual, I went to my dermatologists to get treatment. This first batch of treatment was not successful and so he gave a new batch the next time we met, one of these was sample tubes of Mirvaso. Now, keep in mind, that I was just dealing with acne redness, I had never dealt with flushing in my life previously.

So, the first time I put it on it made my face abnormally white. I kept continuing to put it on at night, so when I woke up it was much more normal. Eventually, this abnormal whiteness wore off after 5 or 6 uses or so, and the cream started to really decrease pimple redness. I kept this routine, putting mirvaso on my face at night for around a month. I had great results, sometimes I would only need to put it every other day. But, in this last week, for the first time in my life, I have experienced flushing in my left cheek.

At first, I thought this was the cause of this Avar-E Green my derm prescribed. The previous two days before I started flushing I put on probably too much amount of the cream of my face. So, I woke up red and put mirvaso on it. Everything was fine until I started flushing in the late afternoon. For the last week now, I have been flushing around the same time. I've been off the mirvaso for three or four days now, and my flushing seems to decrease a bit every day now.

Now, after reading the posts in this thread, I have decided to come of it completely. I only had pimple redness, never flushing before, and had I known mirvaso could have cause rebounding, I would never have used it.

I cannot believe my derm gave me this when i only had pimple redness. I will go to a new one immediately.

Comment

• I am having terrible rebound flushes with mirvaso, what are some recommended ways of weening myself off the cream? And how long should I expect to get back to normal, for someone who never flushed?

Originally posted by kaycee1972 View Post
                            This, right here. Same thing happens to me. I hope this isn't permanent.
                            newjacksm
                            Last edited by newjacksm; 6 January 2014, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaf View Post
                              Hello, I just found this thread and joined just to post my experience here.

I'm a 17 year old male who developed some mild acne on my left cheek during summer. This was not big deal at first, and as usual, I went to my dermatologists to get treatment. This first batch of treatment was not successful and so he gave a new batch the next time we met, one of these was sample tubes of Mirvaso. Now, keep in mind, that I was just dealing with acne redness, I had never dealt with flushing in my life previously.

So, the first time I put it on it made my face abnormally white. I kept continuing to put it on at night, so when I woke up it was much more normal. Eventually, this abnormal whiteness wore off after 5 or 6 uses or so, and the cream started to really decrease pimple redness. I kept this routine, putting mirvaso on my face at night for around a month. I had great results, sometimes I would only need to put it every other day. But, in this last week, for the first time in my life, I have experienced flushing in my left cheek.

At first, I thought this was the cause of this Avar-E Green my derm prescribed. The previous two days before I started flushing I put on probably too much amount of the cream of my face. So, I woke up red and put mirvaso on it. Everything was fine until I started flushing in the late afternoon. For the last week now, I have been flushing around the same time. I've been off the mirvaso for three or four days now, and my flushing seems to decrease a bit every day now.

Now, after reading the posts in this thread, I have decided to come of it completely. I only had pimple redness, never flushing before, and had I known mirvaso could have cause rebounding, I would never have used it.

I cannot believe my derm gave me this when i only had pimple redness. I will go to a new one immediately.
                              Originally posted by newjacksm View Post
                              I am having terrible rebound flushes with mirvaso, what are some recommended ways of weening myself off the cream? And how long should I expect to get back to normal, for someone who never flushed?

This, right here. Same thing happens to me. I hope this isn't permanent.
                              Thank you for taking the time to post here. Very sorry this has happened. If you read through this
                              Thread you understand that this is becoming a common and terrible response to this
                              Product. Most people have reported that they just stop using it. Period. No weaning off of it. Seems
                              Posters skin returns to baseline after 7/10 days. Please let us know how you are doing. Please
                              Report this to your derm and FDA. Best wishes, birdie

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                                Thank you for taking the time to post here. Very sorry this has happened. If you read through this
                                Thread you understand that this is becoming a common and terrible response to this
                                Product. Most people have reported that they just stop using it. Period. No weaning off of it. Seems
                                Posters skin returns to baseline after 7/10 days. Please let us know how you are doing. Please
                                Report this to your derm and FDA. Best wishes, birdie
                                I'll let you know how it all goes. So far today is the first day in about a month and a half I stopped taking it. My face is a little more pink than usual in the morning. Would rather have this than the insane flushing I've been experiencing. I'll keep updating every day. Let you all know how the progress is and what everyone should expect going cold turkey.

Comment

Working...
                                X