No announcement yet.

Botox, specifically for nose flushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botox, specifically for nose flushing?

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone has had Botox injections for flushing, especially nose flushing? I'm thinking the nose might be the safest place to try first? Although I am terrified of not being able to feel my nose!!!

Would love to hear your experiences. Thanks!

Originally posted by snuffleupagus View Post
    Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone has had Botox injections for flushing, especially nose flushing? I'm thinking the nose might be the safest place to try first? Although I am terrified of not being able to feel my nose!!!

Would love to hear your experiences. Thanks!
    I've had Botox for flushing, and it works great, with a few caveats. But I had it on the cheeks, not nose.

The dosage is the tricky thing, for me the doc used 50 units (25 per cheek) but I think that's too much, and I'm going to use half that amount next time. So that gives you an idea. (He dilutes it, but I'm not sure by how much.)

As I said, I don't know specifically about Botox for the nose area, but here are some things I've experienced with Botox:

1. Swelling - one of the reasons I'm halving the dose; my face is noticeably swollen for a while afterwards
    2. Can't feel/move muscles - probably no big deal for nose area (whereas not being able to smile is a bummer)
    3. Sun sensitivity - my #1 complaint, and the reason Botox is only an option for me in the winter. If the UV index is above ~3, I will have an instant flush reaction to sunlight, and have to live like a vampire.

Anyway FWIW, and YMMV.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

Working...
    X