My face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparrow-legs View Post
    My preference towards Marks and Spencers food does not help!
    Jez sparrow, I am out of college 20 odd years now and I still couldn't afford Marks and Spencer's food.

Comment

Students nowadays

Comment

Hi Sarah,

I'm curious - you said you were on the zovorax for a bit. How often do you take it and does your rosacea calm down as well as the cold sores when you are on it? I'm wondering if the info that was posted about a year ago saying that when your body is trying to fight off a virus or bacteria of some sort that this overactive immune system can cause rosacea to get worse. I don't know if I'm interpreting that right or not. But I'm wondering if the anti-viral drug might in turn help your rosacea as well. Sorry if I've missed something in your posts.

Take care...

Comment

Janet

No I wouldn't use the zovirax for rosacea. Dr Crouch thought that the area around my mouth post IPL may be related to the cold sore virus (although I have never had a cold sore) and suggested I get a tube just for this area to see if it helps. In the end the hydrocortisone cream did the job but the little tube is there for me to try it it ever happens again post IPL. I would not use if on anything else.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was just curious. I was thinking you were taking it in pill form. I had been reading stuff about what causes rosacea. It seemed like maybe it is your body working over time to fight off something and it caused an overage of some sort of peptides in the body and that caused the rosacea? I don't know much about it but I was wondering if your body was trying to fight the virus the causes the cold sores and maybe that was causing the rosacea reaction - the inflammation. This probably makes no sense but I was just curious. Thanks again and take care!

Comment

Okay so to update my thread this is a photo of the last time I went to have n-light at Hammersmith. Initially the laser was used at sub purpuric levels to help improve my seb derm and then the doc went back over the top part of my cheeks at a higher level to try to target broken veins. If I remember correctly the photo was taken on the Friday or saturday after the treatment on the Tuesday and so the areas have begun to recede already. The level used on the second pass did not induce bruising in all areas where it hit (ie it was on the cusp of being purpuric) and I think I am going to ask her to turn it up slightly when I next go in October.

Comment

Oooh, phlika, how long did the bruises take to heal? How many laser/light treatments have you had in total now, and would you say you've had considerable improvement?

I'm still trying to get in touch with Dr Crouch's clinic to book my first treatment, but I keep getting the answerphone.

Comment

A few weeks for the it to fade to yellow colour.

Re Dr Crouch I would advise sending a message via email and address it to christine I tend to send an email saying I would like a treatment at the beginning/middle/end of ?? month and then she gets back to me with dates and times.

Comment

love your posts

You and I are having identical experiences. This condition is just awesome isn't it? I marvel at people who have normal clear skin. I often wonder what it would be like to get up in the morning and not have to look at the red swollen mess. I find my self esteem has reached such a low I can't even look at people when I talk to them. I actually have an additional problem in that my skin is so oily it's comical. I always look as if I just ran a marathon. People always ask me why is your nose sweating? I love that question as mush as why is your face so red? Oh well, we just have to continue on as best we can.

Tom

Comment

Looking good

Your looking good Sarah, obviously the bruises go away in a few weeks.

Next time show us your smile!

So am I correct that the n-light has successfully beat back the seb derm or are you still having some issues with it and decided to attack the Rosacea more aggressively anyway?
                      "Get busy living or get busy dying."

Comment

Hey sarah

Ur initil photos look alot like kprf,

If not even though have u had much success in treating Ur red cheeks?My cheeks are the same Ive had succsess in treating them but they are stubborn and just keep coming back!!

Ps this might sound wired but u look pretty much exactly like my mum,

Its so uncanny,

Kind regards matt

Comment

Your mother in age

I answer the questions later today

Comment

hey Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mill View Post
                              Your looking good Sarah, obviously the bruises go away in a few weeks.

Next time show us your smile!

So am I correct that the n-light has successfully beat back the seb derm or are you still having some issues with it and decided to attack the Rosacea more aggressively anyway?
                              J

Well smiling would involve showing my teeth, I am from the UK you know

The n-lite does help with both the spots and the seb derm. I still get flairs and it is not usually until the next laser sesson that i can get rid of them. Nowadays I always ask her to go back over the top part of my cheeks to knock out the broken vessels. It has worked quite well so far.

The last time I saw Dr Chu he prescribed mepacrine but I am yet to make up my mind about it.

My rosacea is mainly affected by the seb derm, if I didnt have that as well my flushing would be alot less.

Originally posted by mattdog323 View Post
                              Ur initil photos look alot like kprf,

If not even though have u had much success in treating Ur red cheeks?My cheeks are the same Ive had succsess in treating them but they are stubborn and just keep coming back!!

Kind regards matt
                              Matt
                              My cheeks do sometimes look like KP but I think it is mainly seb derm. I know what you mean about it coming back. Since treatments my flushing doesnt tend to be so intense but then every so often I do flush badly and it can set me back until I have another treatment I am afraid it is just a matter of plugging away at it.

Originally posted by Tom P View Post
                              You and I are having identical experiences. This condition is just awesome isn't it? I marvel at people who have normal clear skin. I often wonder what it would be like to get up in the morning and not have to look at the red swollen mess. I find my self esteem has reached such a low I can't even look at people when I talk to them. I actually have an additional problem in that my skin is so oily it's comical. I always look as if I just ran a marathon. People always ask me why is your nose sweating? I love that question as mush as why is your face so red? Oh well, we just have to continue on as best we can.

Tom
                              Tom

Glad that you found it interestig to read my thread. I was thinking about reorganising it so there is more info. The oily nose is one of the reasons I gave up with IPL, helped my flushing but affected my seb derm.
                              Last edited by phlika29; 22 April 2009, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdog323 View Post

Ps this might sound wired but u look pretty much exactly like my mum,

Its so uncanny,

Kind regards matt
                                Hey Matt-

That's the worst pick-up line I have ever heard!

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X