Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having a really awful day- not sure what else to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theskinimin68 View Post
    Honestly I think I have both. It started with enlarged pores and pustules but has progressed to flushing and dilated blood vessels. I am hoping to first get the bumpy rough texture of my skin under control then tackle the redness and vessels. It seems that part is much harder to control. I am still working out my triggers and that has been a really tough challenge, as pretty much anything can cause a flare up in different people. Maybe eventually I'll consider laser to help with the vessels but right now that's the last thing I'm worried about and it's risky and expensive. I also agree skin care is huge and I'm still tweaking that as well. Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the help!
    The fact that you (still?) have pustules alongside the common Vascular Rosacea symptoms (flushing and dilated blood vessels) almost certainly means that Demodex Mites are the cause of your problem, and that you have Demodectic Rosacea. Other signs would be excessive dead skin buildup, itching, and a feeling of 'crawling' on your skin at times.

The good news is that there are products to eliminate Demodex Mites. The Chinese and more natural product called ZZ Cream which is the best, with sulfur and zinc as the main ingredients; or the Galderma product with Ivermectin (anti parasite ingredient used by vets on animals) called Soolantra.

ZZ Cream cured all of your symptoms which I was experiencing.

My advice would be to post pictures of your skin, and then try some diluted tea tree oil (TTO), mixed about 1 part TTO to 5 - 10 parts with a carrier oil/moisturiser, for a few days in one small problem area where you have repeated pustules and redness. If you experience a die-off and/or improved symptoms, then that's a big sign that Demodex Mites are the cause. TTO is another anti parasite, but not nearly as good as ZZ Cream or Soolantra, and which also causes redness/irritation to the skin.

You can also take a look at my thread/story - https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...rate!-(w-pics).
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Comment

Originally posted by RedRecluse View Post
      The fact that you (still?) have pustules alongside the common Vascular Rosacea symptoms (flushing and dilated blood vessels) almost certainly means that Demodex Mites are the cause of your problem, and that you have Demodectic Rosacea. Other signs would be excessive dead skin buildup, itching, and a feeling of 'crawling' on your skin at times.

The good news is that there are products to eliminate Demodex Mites. The Chinese and more natural product called ZZ Cream which is the best, with sulfur and zinc as the main ingredients; or the Galderma product with Ivermectin (anti parasite ingredient used by vets on animals) called Soolantra.

My advice would be to post pictures of your skin, and then try some diluted tea tree oil (TTO), mixed about 1 part TTO to 5 - 10 parts with a carrier oil/moisturiser, for a few days in one small problem area where you have repeated pustules and redness. If you experience a die-off and/or improved symptoms, then that's a big sign that Demodex Mites are the cause. TTO is another anti parasite, but not nearly as good as ZZ Cream or Soolantra, and which also causes redness/irritation to the skin.

You can also take a look at my thread/story - https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...rate!-(w-pics).
      Thanks! Actually I started soolantra two days ago. And I've been washing with a zinc soap bar twice per week because any more than that is too drying. Thanks a lot for your input I will update in a few weeks on the soolantra! It's interesting because I had blood work that showed my immune system was irritated and high levels of inflammation which is also common in demodex infestations.

Comment

Thanks! Actually I started soolantra two days ago. And I've been washing with a zinc soap bar twice per week because any more than that is too drying. Thanks a lot for your input I will update in a few weeks on the soolantra! It's interesting because I had blood work that showed my immune system was irritated and high levels of inflammation which is also common in demodex infestations.
        I would suggest doing as little to your face as possible. I would advise using only Soolantra for a while, and once hopefully clear, reverting back to your normal schedule, only if you need to. Cold/lukewarm water is usually enough for washing your face, unless there is a specific reason for using a soap. Soolantra is also a moisturiser and will help with dry skin.

Usually the goal is for one's skin to self-moisturise without the need for products. It's usually easier for guys though since we don't use makeup and other face products, etc.
        How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Comment

I would suggest doing as little to your face as possible. I would advise using only Soolantra for a while, and once hopefully clear, reverting back to your normal schedule, only if you need to. Cold/lukewarm water is usually enough for washing your face, unless there is a specific reason for using a soap. Soolantra is also a moisturiser and will help with dry skin.

Usually the goal is for one's skin to self-moisturise without the need for products. It's usually easier for guys though since we don't use makeup and other face products, etc.
          Ok sounds good I'll hold off on the zinc soap until I see how soolantra affects me. But yeah I'm not brace enough to go without makeup unfortunately even though i know it probably doesn't help. How long did it take soolantra or zz cream to work for you?

Comment

Ok sounds good I'll hold off on the zinc soap until I see how soolantra affects me. But yeah I'm not brace enough to go without makeup unfortunately even though i know it probably doesn't help. How long did it take soolantra or zz cream to work for you?
            That's okay.

It worked immediately and I was clear within two weeks. Although I had used tea tree oil (TTO) a week prior to starting ZZ Cream which caused the initial die-off. So let's say 3 weeks.

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...rate!-(w-pics)

Comment

update

That's okay.

It worked immediately and I was clear within two weeks. Although I had used tea tree oil (TTO) a week prior to starting ZZ Cream which caused the initial die-off. So let's say 3 weeks.

In case anyone was wondering, I'm two full weeks into the Soolantra medication and so far, so good. I really haven't had the "die off" period that I can tell yet *Fingers crossed*, and my symptoms have definitely improved. I am still getting the occasional P&P which seem to fade after a day or two, but the large colony of angry red bumps across my cheeks seems to be retreating. My skin texture is still pretty uneven, but I didn't expect that to improve right away. The soolantra doesn't realy seem to dry my skin at all, if anything made it a bit oilier and I am definitely getting some blackheads around my nose, but that was the case before I was using the medication also. I will update again in a few more weeks if anything drastic happens. Also, I have been weaning my Doxycycline dose to every other day instead of every day to see if I can get off the antibiotic.

Comment

Jinxed myself

That's okay.

I shouldn't have said anything too soon about a reaction, as today my skin is ANGRY. I'm two and a half weeks into soolantra and my skin is not happy. I have under the skin red bumps on my chin which isn't where I usually break out with rosacea.. I thought they were pimples but they just seem to be under the skin red angry areas.. is this consistent with die off? I am going to persist for at least 8 weeks so hopefully this is just a phase

Comment

I shouldn't have said anything too soon about a reaction, as today my skin is ANGRY. I'm two and a half weeks into soolantra and my skin is not happy. I have under the skin red bumps on my chin which isn't where I usually break out with rosacea.. I thought they were pimples but they just seem to be under the skin red angry areas.. is this consistent with die off? I am going to persist for at least 8 weeks so hopefully this is just a phase
                  It sounds like a die-off to me! Hang in there, theskinimin68!

Comment

Originally posted by MissM View Post
                    It sounds like a die-off to me! Hang in there, theskinimin68!

Comment

Just wondering how the soolantra has been going for you now?

Comment

Originally posted by Redface98 View Post
                        Just wondering how the soolantra has been going for you now?
                        This week I actually considered stopping it. I’m almost five weeks in and my skin broke out horribly all over my chin with acne which I haven’t had in awhile! I’m not sure if it’s the cetaphil base is clogging my pores or the die off phase. I’m going to continue using it on my cheeks and nose when I have the most redness and avoid my chin to see if things clear up. It does sound like for a lot of people killing off the mites causes breakouts so we will see if things improve or not.

Comment

Hey, I think you should stick with it as I have read and heard a lot of people say that the first reaction will be the initial demodex dying off. Then whatever eggs that have laid will hatch and that will be the next die off. Sounds like you are experiencing the 2nd die off phase

Comment

Originally posted by Redface98 View Post
                            Hey, I think you should stick with it as I have read and heard a lot of people say that the first reaction will be the initial demodex dying off. Then whatever eggs that have laid will hatch and that will be the next die off. Sounds like you are experiencing the 2nd die off phase
                            Not sure if the soolantra is helping but it is definitely clogging my pores, it seems to be giving me blackheads pretty badly around my nose and cheeks. Right now I’m using it every other night to try and help my pores breathe a little.

Comment

Soolantra update

Just wanted to say thanks for your encouragement, on week 8 of soolantra and definitely seeing progress!! It was tough with the die off phases and i almost quit but I’m finally seeing some improvement to skin texture and lesions. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X