hey please help me. my face is gettting bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by analysera View Post
    I hate to break it to you but I am fairly certain that your face is looking very good because of the steroids. Wait 5-10 days and see what happens. I'm not saying that the honey-treatment isn't working (it has removed almost all flakes for me) but the redness is coming and going for me.
    i know thats what i been saying throughout the post. i havent used it for about 6 days now.

To the original poster- please do not put steroid on your face EVER again, I know how tempting it is but trust me as a person with steroid induced/triggered rosacea, it is not worth it for even a second! You are looking good btw, so just keep using the honey and using gentle skin care etc.. no more steroid cream thought, throw it out!!
    k
    Originally posted by analysera View Post
    It's scary how good steroids work when it's at its peek. But from that moment the skin becomes worse in terms of redness and flaking(even though u keep using it). The honey is doing wonders against the flaking but not so much against the redness. I'm only at day 12 so maybe it will go down, we'll see...
    i m not using it!!
    Originally posted by bluesky View Post
    is your skin dry??? I find when my skin is dry its more red, so maybe after the honey treatment you could try some kind of moisturizer if you dont already??
    my skin has been dry lately. i use coco oil to moisturise it.

i circled the spots in red that have started to get really dry / and or red:

i am moisturizing regularly and not scratching my face.

face seems to be getting progressivly worse. but not horrible yet.
    i m looking for any advice to stop the deeper red from taking control of my face. should i just wait the treatment out? seems the red is slowly winning day by day. just did a honey mask for about 3.5 hours yesterday. moisturized in the morning and night with coco oil like normal. this pic is from DAY6 about a hour after moisturizing.
    legendsneverdie
    Last edited by legendsneverdie; 1 March 2010, 08:58 PM.
    This is my signature.. please ignore the beginning of the "please help me thread".. i no longer use the raw honey treatment. it does not work. For me, and a bunch of other who pm me. Please read the more recent pages of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by legendsneverdie View Post
      i m not using it!!
      I know, I was just sharing my own experience. Keep us posted.

Comment

i m wondering if its the effects of the roid. my face seems to be getting slightly worse now cuz the steroid is wearing off
        Maybe not. I never used steroid creams and my face was very red with some inflammation when I started treating with the raw honey. Just like you, I could see results the first week but it took two weeks for the redness to subside considerably.

Don't forget that you used full strength Selsun Blue on your face once (which caused the seb derm areas to become very red) and then you used it once again, very diluted.

my skin has been dry lately. i use coco oil to moisturise it.
        Where is the dryness? All over your face or just on the seb derm areas? Does it look dry or you just feel what seems to be dry spots when you touch the seb derm areas?

i circled the spots in red that have started to get really dry / and or red
        What you see in the mirror may be different from what I see in these new photos. However, in these photos, the redness is starting to break up, meaning that the butterfly shape on your cheeks now contains some pale spots that were not there before.

Also, the red spots over and between your eyebrows have improved a lot, they barely show.

face seems to be getting progressivly worse. but not horrible yet.
        i m looking for any advice to stop the deeper red from taking control of my face
        Again, judging by these photos, your face seems to be improving nicely. As the seb derm "retreats," some spots will seem to be redder.

should i just wait the treatment out?
        Yes.

just did a honey mask for about 3.5 hours yesterday. moisturized in the morning and night with coco oil like normal. this pic is from DAY6 about a hour after moisturizing.
        Why are your face and neck still shiny? Is it perspiration?
        I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Auburn View Post
          Maybe not. I never used steroid creams and my face was very red with some inflammation when I started treating with the raw honey. Just like you, I could see results the first week but it took two weeks for the redness to subside considerably.

Don't forget that you used full strength Selsun Blue on your face once (which caused the seb derm areas to become very red) and then you used it once again, very diluted.

Where is the dryness? All over your face or just on the seb derm areas? Does it look dry or you just feel what seems to be dry spots when you touch the seb derm areas?

What you see in the mirror may be different from what I see in these new photos. However, in these photos, the redness is starting to break up, meaning that the butterfly shape on your cheeks now contains some pale spots that were not there before.

Also, the red spots over and between your eyebrows have improved a lot, they barely show.

Again, judging by these photos, your face seems to be improving nicely. As the seb derm "retreats," some spots will seem to be redder.

Yes.

I said yesterday that I thought it looked better than at the start.

Perception and reality can be different, I honestly think it looks improved.

Comment

i hope this happens for me. been about a week.
            i havent use it since the last time. maybe when my skin heals about 95% i should use it once a week diluted just to prevent peeling or something?
            the spots i circled in red are the spots that are alot dryer and chippen away. when the coco oil is on it, it seems that those area's get dry faster then the regular skin areas. but i m afraid those brighter red spots may spread.

it does seem like some areas have healed. but the spots that havent now seem to be getting worse. maybe they will soon get better
            i noticed above my left eyebrow that spot is almost gone. it is still faintly there. hopefully it doesnt return. but that spot didnt concern me as much as the butterfly.

some spots really are redder though. is that a bad sign?

coco oil. i m still working on finding the right amount to put on. which is not so much. but the flash really glares off my face cuz the cameria is right in my face also maybe making my face look less redder then it is.
            Originally posted by Infern0 View Post

few more weeks will be the golden truth. and i really hope this works. and other people can follow this thread to see that auburns treatment is excellent. thats my hope.
            This is my signature.. please ignore the beginning of the "please help me thread".. i no longer use the raw honey treatment. it does not work. For me, and a bunch of other who pm me. Please read the more recent pages of the thread.

Comment

i havent use it since the last time. maybe when my skin heals about 95% i should use it once a week diluted just to prevent peeling or something?
              You won't need to. When you get the seb derm under control, all you'll have to do is apply the raw honey once a week, for maintenance, and keep using the virgin coconut oil, daily, after cleansing, as a moisturizer.

the spots i circled in red are the spots that are alot dryer and chippen away. when the coco oil is on it, it seems that those area's get dry faster then the regular skin areas.
              Yes, during the first weeks of the treatment, the areas where the seb derm is active start to feel rough/dry to the touch and, at times, you may even see small red dots right after rinsing the honey off but they are gone next morning.

Also, if your room/home is rather dry, the flaking may take a bit longer to subside.

but i m afraid those brighter red spots may spread.
              The red spots will not spread, they will shrink . As you continue to apply the raw honey and the coconut oil, the seb derm retreats. That's why you are seeing different shades of red now.

it does seem like some areas have healed. but the spots that havent now seem to be getting worse. maybe they will soon get better
              They will.

i noticed above my left eyebrow that spot is almost gone. it is still faintly there. hopefully it doesnt return. but that spot didnt concern me as much as the butterfly.
              It won't return (as long as you keep stabbing the beast ).

some spots really are redder though. is that a bad sign?
              I think that's because other parts of the butterfly have started to fade.

coco oil. i m still working on finding the right amount to put on. which is not so much.
              Are you keeping the coconut oil jar in the fridge? It would be a good idea that way it stays in solid form and easier to measure. Scrape a pea-sized amount, really you only need that little for the whole face.

but the flash really glares off my face cuz the cameria is right in my face also maybe making my face look less redder then it is.
              Maybe. But the first photos you posted were taken with flash too. In any case, as long as your face itches less, feels calmer and looks somehow less red, the treatment is working.

few more weeks will be the golden truth. and i really hope this works. and other people can follow this thread to see that auburns treatment is excellent. thats my hope.
              Mine too, sweetheart. I think of you every day and keep my fingers crossed for this to work for you as well as it has for me and others. And yes, thanks to your photos, a lot of people will benefit from this thread. All I can do is offer guidance and support, but what your photos show is what really counts. So far, so good.
              I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post

Hi Inferno,

Yes, it definitely does. Huge difference between the first photos and now, in just six days.

Comment

[QUOTE=Auburn;231870]The selenium sulfide, in the Selsun Blue at 1% strength, helps

Hi Auburn,

I came on the same article what you inspired to do the honey treatment.
                  I have SD and tried 2 years ago with manuka honey +15 and another raw honey this treatment for 4 weeks. Rashes became less but still stayed there a little. I am quite ok now with another treatment. But what this one is completely natural

I saw in your profile that you don't eat sugar and use godliver supplements.
                  If you don't take this supplements and start eating sugar is this treament still 100% successfull for you?

And if you rub really strong with your finger for example on your nosestrip.. do you see any rashes after cleaning with the cetaphil?

I tried coconut oil as well but got more rashes of that.. and someone on the forum here used it for one month but didn't got clear for 100% Does it work with everybody who has SD. What did I do possible wrong>

I'd like to chat with you.. I am living in Holland! so when??

Comment

Hi Joellie,

Originally posted by joellie View Post
                    I am quite ok now with another treatment. But what this one is completely natural
                    Yes, that's why I like this treatment so much. I've been following the very interesting exchange you have with MasK in another thread. I have some of the symptoms you listed.

If you don't take this supplements and start eating sugar is this treament still 100% successfull for you?
                    I wouldn't know. However, I keep forgetting to take the cod liver oil because it hast to be kept in the refrigerator so most days I only take the wild salmon oil capsules which I keep next to the enzyme caps I'm also taking - I'll have to keep the enzymes with the cod liver oil, I guess. But, because of that, I'd imagine that the cod liver oil doesn't have much of an effect on this treatment.

Re: sugar, I think that if I hadn't stopped eating simple sugars when I started this treatment, it would have taken longer to control the seb derm and it probably would have relapsed. But, again, this is just an assumption.

And if you rub really strong with your finger for example on your nosestrip.. do you see any rashes after cleaning with the cetaphil?
                    I'd never do that, Joellie, because I have very sensitive skin.

I tried coconut oil as well but got more rashes of that.. and someone on the forum here used it for one month but didn't got clear for 100% Does it work with everybody who has SD. What did I do possible wrong>
                    Was it virgin coconut oil? Perhaps you were applying it too thick. I don't know if the oil would work for every person but more people have been reporting that it seems to be working for their SD and/or as a skin conditioner.

What time (your time) of the day are you online, usually? Feel free to contact me via private message.

Comment

sd

When did you start with the exfoliating micro fiber honey treatment for the fisttime?
                      Do you have also rosacea?

ok till chats!

Comment

Originally posted by joellie View Post
                        When did you start with the exfoliating micro fiber honey treatment for the fisttime?
                        Do you have also rosacea?

ok till chats!
                        HI,

Normally I am online from 7 pm till 11 pm from W day till F day.. during the rest of the week can be anytime but mostly in eavening.

Hope to find you on chat.

bye.
                        joellie

Comment

[quote=joellie;232310]
                          The selenium sulfide, in the Selsun Blue at 1% strength, helps

Hi Auburn,

I came on the same article what you inspired to do the honey treatment.
                          I have SD and tried 2 years ago with manuka honey +15 and another raw honey this treatment for 4 weeks. Rashes became less but still stayed there a little. I am quite ok now with another treatment. But what this one is completely natural

jollie what treatment are you using now to control your facE??

posting new pics tomomrow. i honestly think my face has been getting worse! i got a honey mask on as i type this.

Comment

Day 8

face is getting worse. i m really losing hope. the area in my eyebrow is coming back. almost feel like i need to hit my face with another round of steroid cream.

Comment

Day 8

face is getting worse. i m really losing hope.
                              The treatment takes FOUR weeks, Legends. A total of 12 applications, you've only done FOUR.

The photos you've posted clearly show that the treatment is working. It's slow, yes, but it is working, is natural and thus it won't screw up your skin. Your seb derm is retreating. You just have to be a bit patient with this.

the area in my eyebrow is coming back.
                              As I've been telling you, you'll notice different shades of redness as the treatment progresses. In the photos you took today, I see redness but I also see that your skin has improved a lot, overall.

The raw honey will not make your seb derm worse. Neither will the virgin coconut oil.

almost feel like i need to hit my face with another round of steroid cream.
                              Please, DO NOT put steroid cream on your face. Throw that cream away. If you apply steroid cream now not only will you undermine this treatment but you'll also make your seb derm worse. It's the kind of "quick fix" that winds up screwing your skin for good.

Eight more treatments to go. Hang in there, it will get better.

Try to reduce the amount of sugary stuff you eat and drink for the next few weeks, that will speed things up a bit.

Comment

The treatment takes FOUR weeks, Legends. A total of 12 applications, you've only done FOUR.

The photos you've posted clearly show that the treatment is working. It's slow, yes, but it is working, is natural and thus it won't screw up your skin. Your seb derm is retreating. You just have to be a bit patient with this.

As I've been telling you, you'll notice different shades of redness as the treatment progresses. In the photos you took today, I see redness but I also see that your skin has improved a lot, overall.

The raw honey will not make your seb derm worse. Neither will the virgin coconut oil.

Please, DO NOT put steroid cream on your face. Throw that cream away. If you apply steroid cream now not only will you undermine this treatment but you'll also make your seb derm worse. It's the kind of "quick fix" that winds up screwing your skin for good.

Eight more treatments to go. Hang in there, it will get better.

Try to reduce the amount of sugary stuff you eat and drink for the next few weeks, that will speed things up a bit.
                                i m not gonna use steroid. my spirits are just crushed. i feel like i want to cover my red with the zinc oxide cream (diaper rash cream) but i dk if that is going to interfear. what do u suggest?

Comment

Working...
                                X