Melanotan Update anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melanotan Update anyone

Will Melanotan be something that we will ever be able to get legally, safely, and easily here in the United States? Or is this just something we should forget about? Does anyone know when it may be available here for us - 2009, 2010? It would be great to be tan even if it didn't help the rosacea itself. I used to be able to be tan and now I can't go in the sun or use self-tanners. Thanks everybody. -Chris

Keep an eye on Clinuvel

Your best bet is to keep your eye on Clinuvel the company out of Australia that is developing Melanotan one (under the name "afamelanotide"). They're talking about gaining approval in some countries in either 2009 or 2010 however at this point I don't think that includes the U.S.A.

-Scott
    Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin, a site about melanotan peptides. Melanotan-1's generic name is "afamelanotide".

Comment

Don't know if it will ever be safe or effective but I'll give you my personal review. When I first started exhibiting signs of facial rosacea (ocular for a couple years) I injected approximately 50mg Melanotan One (1.5mg/day I think). I didn't like the way it made my skin look - very "dirty" and lots of dark moles where none were before (not raised moles - looked like really dark freckles but they were moles). ANYWAYS, I actually do think it helped my rosacea because I didn't have facial redness/burning/stinging/sensitivity while I was taking it or for approximately 3 months afterwards. Facial symtoms are back now and the moles have disappeared a little bit. Maybe this product has promise but its definitely not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brighteyes View Post
        Don't know if it will ever be safe or effective but I'll give you my personal review. When I first started exhibiting signs of facial rosacea (ocular for a couple years) I injected approximately 50mg Melanotan One (1.5mg/day I think). I didn't like the way it made my skin look - very "dirty" and lots of dark moles where none were before (not raised moles - looked like really dark freckles but they were moles). ANYWAYS, I actually do think it helped my rosacea because I didn't have facial redness/burning/stinging/sensitivity while I was taking it or for approximately 3 months afterwards. Facial symtoms are back now and the moles have disappeared a little bit. Maybe this product has promise but its definitely not for me.
        There have been reports from folks about the darkening of moles while using Melanotan II, that's covered in this FAQ:

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1141965461

The high contrast darkening of moles likely stems from the unbalanced nature of dosing Melanotan II via injections. Once Clinuvel's Melanotan (one) implant becomes available the mole issue will likely subside to a large degree due to the peptide being slowly and continuously released.

In the mean time some folks have quite successfully had such moles removed and gone on to gain the appearance benefits of using a melanotan peptide. Probably the best example is from this log:

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1188698909

To get a sense at what the peptide Melanotan II can do you can see the following post:

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1179147846

Clinuvel is currently in phase III human trials for Melanotan (one) in treating Erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP - sun intolerance) and there are positive reports already.

There's a Swiss German news report where we see test subject sufferer or EPP explaining how his life had completely changed since using Melanotan (one) "afamelanotide". It's in German but even for those who don't speak German it's easy to understand visually what the man is explaining:

http://www.sf.tv/videoplayer/sa_play...7&skinid=popup

Cheers,

-Scott
        Last edited by Melanotan; 16 November 2008, 06:37 PM.
        Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin, a site about melanotan peptides. Melanotan-1's generic name is "afamelanotide".

Comment

I wonder if the upcoming skin cancer vaccine will put the kibosh on Melanotan?

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
            I wonder if the upcoming skin cancer vaccine will put the kibosh on Melanotan?
            The vaccine has not started human trials. That's going to take 5 to 10 years to play out and there's no guarantee that it'll work. Also if the vaccine does work it'll only cover the mildest forms of skin cancer (the kind that people get regularly removed - ie: squamous cell carcinoma). Even with the vaccine people will still get UV skin damage. Melanotan (one) has been clinically demonstrated (in 2003) to reduce UV skin damage by as much as 50% in fair skinned people using it. The melanotan peptides cause melanogenesis which pigments the skin with melanin. It is known that those who have higher concentrations of melanin have lower skin cancer rates (including the deadliest, melanoma). If Clinuvel can ever demonstrate that using Melanotan (one) reduces melanoma rates for populations who use it there'll be no "putting the kibosh" on it.

-Scott
            Last edited by Melanotan; 16 November 2008, 10:14 PM.

Comment

This topic appears to be in the UK news at the moment:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7732690.stm

Scott would you please just confirm the aim of the website that is linked in your signature and whether you are finacially linked to any of the melanotan in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Melanotan View Post
                There have been reports from folks about the darkening of moles while using Melanotan II, that's covered in this FAQ:

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1141965461

The high contrast darkening of moles likely stems from the unbalanced nature of dosing Melanotan II via injections. Once Clinuvel's Melanotan (one) implant becomes available the mole issue will likely subside to a large degree due to the peptide being slowly and continuously released.

In the mean time some folks have quite successfully had such moles removed and gone on to gain the appearance benefits of using a melanotan peptide. Probably the best example is from this log:

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1188698909

To get a sense at what the peptide Melanotan II can do you can see the following post:

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1179147846

Clinuvel is currently in phase III human trials for Melanotan (one) in treating Erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP - sun intolerance) and there are positive reports already.

There's a Swiss German news report where we see test subject sufferer or EPP explaining how his life had completely changed since using Melanotan (one) "afamelanotide". It's in German but even for those who don't speak German it's easy to understand visually what the man is explaining:

http://www.sf.tv/videoplayer/sa_play...7&skinid=popup

Cheers,

-Scott
                Just to be clear I took approximately 50 mg of Melanotan One (NOT MELANOTAN II)

Comment

Some people are more prone to freckles and moles than others, and those are the ones that can end up with more freckles and moles when using Melanotan (1 or 2). I don't have moles, so I didn't get any on either M1 or M2. I did get several new freckles, but only on higher doses of M2. The key is small, frequent doses, no matter which one you're using.

1,000mg Solgar MSM
                  25mg diphenhydramine
                  Rosacea Care moisturizer, tinted ZincO
                  I avoid multi-vitamins and most other high-dose vitamins and supplements, oil-based supplements (like omega 3/6, A, and E), nitrite preservatives, sugar, fruit, milk, exercising in a warm room

Less is more!

Comment

Originally posted by Driven View Post
                    Some people are more prone to freckles and moles than others, and those are the ones that can end up with more freckles and moles when using Melanotan (1 or 2). I don't have moles, so I didn't get any on either M1 or M2. I did get several new freckles, but only on higher doses of M2. The key is small, frequent doses, no matter which one you're using.
                    Driven, do you work for a Melanotan distributor or something? I said that in my opinion Melanotan showed promise for some but that it wasn't for me and then you come on here defending Melanotan and insinuating that I don't know what I'm talking about. I NEVER had 1 mole before Melanotan and I followed the slow and steady approach yet still got moles.

I would like to point out to others who may be interested in this product that the www.melanotan.org message boards are suspect. I followed (and posted on) the message boards for approximately 6 months and noticed that anyone who criticized Melanotan was kicked off the site and discredited and also that some of the moderators are also distributors of the product. When I expressed concerns about moles one of the moderators responded with something like "well glad everything worked out great" - just glossing over the fact that it hadn't worked out great for me.

I agree with Driven that Melanotan may be useful for treatment of rosacea and definitely makes some people tan. However, it doesn't work for everyone and has not been proven to be safe - SO BE CAREFULL!!!
                    Last edited by Brighteyes; 17 November 2008, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Driven, do you work for a Melanotan distributor or something? I said that in my opinion Melanotan showed promise for some but that it wasn't for me and then you come on here defending Melanotan and insinuating that I don't know what I'm talking about. I NEVER had 1 mole before Melanotan and I followed the slow and steady approach yet still got moles.
                      I do not work for a Melanotan distributor or sell it myself. I insinuated nothing about you, I merely provided information for others who are considering using it. If you already have moles, don't be surprised if more show up. Sometimes they show up where there were none before, but as a general rule, the more hyperpigmentation a person starts out with, the more likely they are to see more of it, regardless of what happened in your case.

Personally, I only had hyperpigmentation when I increased my daily total mg of M2 past a certain point.

1,000mg Solgar MSM
                      25mg diphenhydramine
                      I avoid multi-vitamins and most other high-dose vitamins and supplements, oil-based supplements (like omega 3/6, A, and E), nitrite preservatives, sugar, fruit, milk, exercising in a warm room

Less is more!

Comment

I NEVER had 1 mole before Melanotan and I followed the slow and steady approach yet still got moles.
                        Originally posted by Driven View Post
                        If you already have moles, don't be surprised if more show up.
                        Well, you sound like a Melanotan moderator/distributor - totally disregarding what I said and pretending that I said something else. See above.

Comment

Well, you sound like a Melanotan moderator/distributor - totally disregarding what I said and pretending that I said something else. See above.
                          Okay seriously, you need to stop assuming that you're the only person reading this thread. I made a poor choice of words - when I said "you" I was referring to anyone who might be reading, and for my monumental mistake, I apologize. I'm posting for the benefit of OTHERS. I understand that you had a bad experience, and that's unfortunate, but I really don't care. I'm posting so that people who are considering using this substance won't take your experience as typical, because it isn't. I want others to understand that they may have a bad experience, they may not, but they should know going in that hyperpigmentation is more typical among people already prone to it. If anything, that knowledge would steer many people away from buying it. Now if I was a seller, how would that help me? (that's a rhetorical question, by the way)

Can we move on now?

1,000mg Solgar MSM
                          25mg diphenhydramine

Less is more!

Comment

Yes I think there was some misunderstanding there, so easy to do on these sort of forums.

Comment

Originally posted by phlika29 View Post
                              This topic appears to be in the UK news at the moment:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7732690.stm

Scott would you please just confirm the aim of the website that is linked in your signature and whether you are finacially linked to any of the melanotan in any way.
                              Hello Philka,

This post explains how Melanotan.org is funded (donations):

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1225998553

In view of this latest news I welcome you (or I can do so, if requested) to remove my signature.

The following was the Melantan.org response to this news wherein it's stated that the MHRA's concerns are valid:

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...1226902872/0#0

-Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X