Global AD

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seabuckthorn Oil, is clinically proven to kill the Human Demodex parasite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LABRAT662 View Post

Because of it I decided to wait to purchase any sea buckthorn oil soap.
    Don't expect miracles by using SBO soap, or tea tree oil soap, or lavender soap. The amount of the so-called active ingredient in these is very low and unlikely to have any real effect over and above that of the soap on its own.

Comment

So, is Demodex theory dead?

Comment

Originally posted by buratino29 View Post
        So, is Demodex theory dead?
        Not at all. I am certain many who have "Rosacea" only have an infestation of demodex mites. HOW you treat for it is where the controversy lies.

Comment

Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
          Don't expect miracles by using SBO soap, or tea tree oil soap, or lavender soap. The amount of the so-called active ingredient in these is very low and unlikely to have any real effect over and above that of the soap on its own.
          Indeed, even 20% TTO ointment (far higher concentration than many soaps/washes etc which will often be 1% or less) was not 'sufficiently' helpful in my experience - it definitely did help my symptoms, but didn't eliminate them entirely. I persisted with this treatment for many months before giving up.

Comment

The title of this thread is "Seabuckthorn Oil, is clinically proven to - - - "

The link given in the head post is dead and no clinical evidence is offered in any of the other responses (or have I missed that?)

From what I can glean from Wikipedia and other Google suggestions, there is nothing special in the constitution of sea buckthorn oil that would give the properties claimed in the thread title - or have I missed that as well?

Comment

There is no cure...

If you're treating for Mites, there is no cure. they will always exist and you will always have to perform some sort of maintenance routine to keep them at bay. if you were seeing results with TTO, i suggest you go back to it!

I will be getting my SBO soap soon. i'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm also going to be doing a sulfur mask (intensive one).

Comment

I've been battling this for years... actually decades now. I started taking seabuckthorn seed oil in the highest dose in pill form. I take two, twice a day of a brand seabuckwonders from Amazon. This is the only thing that has made any change in my symptoms. It hasn't cured me, but it has weakened the redness, inflammation and weeping sores that pop up. I don't know how or why it works, and probably it will not work for everyone as we're all made up differently. But it's been the one light in the dark tunnel for me. I think it's worth buying a bottle and trying it for one month. I saw results within two days. When I went off of it, my skin flared up very badly. Went back on it, and the symptoms lessened again. So, it does something for me and I can't deny that.

Comment

Good to hear it's still helping. There's always light in the tunnel.

Comment

Thanks for the interesting experiment that you conducted emjoule. I'd love to know what happens to the demodex in 30% TTO concentration which is what I'm using. Does it kill the critters?

Comment

Rich Nature 100% Seabuckthorn Seed Oil

I had been taking these 2x each day to finish up a bottle rather than throw it away - after trying so many things, I'd even forgotten why I bought it! Here I am, 2-weeks after running out and the little beasties are back! I ordered 2- bottles at Abe's Market dot com and while I had been taking 2 or 3 each day, somewhat randomly, believe me, I'll be taking these religiously and regularly from now on! Thru the process of elimination in my mind, I was able to narrow my 'cure' down to this supplement. I'll post again in a few weeks either way, but had actually gotten to the point of feeling like I could go out in public without makeup! Good grief, a first for me! Had another brand before this, but results for me came after the Rich Nature product. Hope this might help someone else, too - such nasty little buggers!

Comment

I took sea buckthorn in its natural form for 3 weeks, it did make a big difference, but only temporary. It probably doesn't kill demodex, it just contains vitamins and some natural antihistamine.
                        As to tto concentrations, look at this article,Col: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1360273/

Comment

I'm glad sea buckthorn is working for you. After all the highly-paid experts and doctors, this is really the only thing that has made a dent in my condition. I buy the seabuck wonders blend on amazon. You can get sea buckthorn really cheap on piping rock, but it isn't a blend with all the extra stuff like the seabuckwonders brand. So, I'll stick with what's working. I don't know why it works, but it must alter something in the lipid makeup of the skin. My face still breaks out, but its as if my immune system is getting the point now not to keep dumping sebum all over my face non-stop.

Comment

Seabuckthorn Oil, is clinically proven to kill the Human Demodex parasite.

I even noticed that my eyes were less dry during sea buckthorn use, although I read a medical study, where they proved that sea buckthorn doesn't make any difference in ocular rosacea. I agree that we should stick to it, as long as it works. It's better than any chemical multivitamins. I buy it from a local organic food store.
                            Last edited by MariaSt; 28 October 2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X