Clear All

• Mojo7
    replied
    articles

@ Brady : if you're interested ... some more detailed articles

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/1104....2011.249.html

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...ized-medicine/

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...cosystems.html

Hopefully this is a new way of thinking in the world of medicine ...

greetings

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    Originally posted by Mojo7 View Post
    This is really a very interesting article.

In my opinion, it is very possible that there is a link between the gut and rosacea and there has to be much more research into this relation. Hopefully, this new discovery can lead to a new vision on health and some diseases...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

enjoy the article and greetings
    Thanks for the article. I have added it to my post on this subject.

Leave a comment:

• roryf
    replied
    Originally posted by JPak View Post
    mini update. My rifaximin tablets came in today. I will begin the 10 day course and see what happens.
    Keep us updated JPak

Leave a comment:

• Mojo7
    replied
    Very interesting article

This is really a very interesting article.

In my opinion, it is very possible that there is a link between the gut and rosacea and there has to be much more research into this relation. Hopefully, this new discovery can lead to a new vision on health and some diseases...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8547454.stm

enjoy the article and greetings

Leave a comment:

• JPak
    replied
    mini update. My rifaximin tablets came in today. I will begin the 10 day course and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• JPak
    replied
    Originally posted by Timmyb View Post
    I have been on a diet consisting of only chicken eggs and veggies for 5 weeks. So far no change. How long will it take?
    You have to do it at least a few months.

Update: I have been continuing on in my 'experiment' to take care of my gut and so far I have seen some promising results. Nothing major but I am starting to see a very slow but gradual change in my skin. Sadly, I had one new pastual form, still better than 2 or 3 I get every so often. The redness remains but sometimes it starts to disappear. I can't explain it, like I will be walking by in the mirror and notice that the redness is disappearing but other times in the day it will be back in full effect.

Its difficult to say what is working or if its even working at all and this is just the 'placebo' effect. I will continue on and see if their are any better changes in a week from now.

Leave a comment:

• Timmyb
    replied
    5th week on the anti candida diet

I have been on a diet consisting of only chicken eggs and veggies for 5 weeks. So far no change. How long will it take?

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    I want to share my story:

2 weeks ago I started a zero-carb diet. The first 2 days went well (my body was using all the stored glucose) but after that, I got 3 days of extreme sickness (SIBO die-off?). I decided to stop the diet. The following couple of days I couldn't believe what happened. My rosacea was almost completely gone ! Now, 2 weeks later, my rosacea is back (and worse than before). I'm going to make a gastroenterologist appointment tomorrow and try to convince him to prescribe me antibiotics. I've had extreme reflux problems the last couple of months so I was planning on going anyway. I'll probably have to do a gastroscopy, which I'm not looking forward to, but actually I will be happy if he finds something unusual, so I know that's the cause of my Rosacea problems. I'll keep you updated.

Leave a comment:

• MasK
    replied
    Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    I have been eating 4% Milk Fat Plain Yogurt (High Mountain Original brand) for lunch nearly every day along with an acidophilus capsule and I have noticed that my rosacea has improved a lot. Still have some minor red spots that I control with a topical and I try to avoid sugar and high carbohydrate. There is something in our gut that is connected to the facial skin.
    Thank you for this.
    Mine is DEFINITELY linked even if I have a skin prone to flush if I see my family.
    Anyway, the major flares happen when my gut burns and hurts when eating carbs.

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    I have been eating 4% Milk Fat Plain Yogurt (High Mountain Original brand) for lunch nearly every day along with an acidophilus capsule and I have noticed that my rosacea has improved a lot. Still have some minor red spots that I control with a topical and I try to avoid sugar and high carbohydrate. There is something in our gut that is connected to the facial skin.

Leave a comment:

• JPak
    replied
    Small update. I have been taking 250mg grapefruit seed extract and 100mg perpiment and oreganol oil in the morning. Mid day I take some probiotics and right before bed I take glutamine.

The redness remains however I haven not had any major breakouts since I started this new routine. The pastuals on my face before I started are starting to fade already. Too soon to tell if anything is working.

Leave a comment:

• JPak
    replied
    Been following this thread very closely. I think it is safe to assume that are gut plays a large role in our condition, the questions is how, why, and to what effect. I think either 2 things happen to our immune system. Either a) our immune system is suppress making it ineffective in fighting the bad stuff in our bodies or b) our immune system is over active and just doesn't know what to do anymore.

Here is what I am going to start doing. I am going to take 250mg grapefruit seed extract and 50mg peppermint oil which is known to kill bad bacteria in the gut. I am also going to take glutamine to repair the cell lining of the gut in addition to taking probiotics to repopulate the good bacteria in my gut. I will keep you guys updated on any results.

If this doesn't work then I just may but some rifaximin online

Leave a comment:

• spider pig
    replied
    Originally posted by kaye View Post
    Hi all. I was very interested to read about a possible SIBO rosacea link. I had SIBO symptoms for about a year, and after trying everything else without any luck, read about the use of Rifaximin to treat IBS. So as a last resort, I bought a bunch (9 packs of 12 200mg tablets) from that goldpharma site a few people mentioned ordering from on this forum. I'm in the UK and I think they ship from Spain or something. Just after receiving the tablets (SPIRAXIN from BAMA-GEVE S.L.) my IBS spontaneously resolved itself (!!).

As you can imagine, I'm thrilled that it would get better after a year without taking rifaximin... but now I've got a bunch of the stuff left over!! I guess there's nothing I can do but throw it out yeah? Or keep it in case I get travellers diarrhea nine times
    Hi Kaye, don't throw it out. I'm from Serbia and I' m trying to buy Rifaximin for a long time, but it's not available in Serbia. I need 5 packs for rosacea, because they say you need to use 400 mg, 3 times a day for 10 days. So can we somehow do this "transaction", can you send me somehow?

Leave a comment:

• kaye
    replied
    Rifaximin dilemma

Hi all. I was very interested to read about a possible SIBO rosacea link. I had SIBO symptoms for about a year, and after trying everything else without any luck, read about the use of Rifaximin to treat IBS. So as a last resort, I bought a bunch (9 packs of 12 200mg tablets) from that goldpharma site a few people mentioned ordering from on this forum. I'm in the UK and I think they ship from Spain or something. Just after receiving the tablets (SPIRAXIN from BAMA-GEVE S.L.) my IBS spontaneously resolved itself (!!).

As you can imagine, I'm thrilled that it would get better after a year without taking rifaximin... but now I've got a bunch of the stuff left over!! I guess there's nothing I can do but throw it out yeah? Or keep it in case I get travellers diarrhea nine times
    Last edited by kaye; 24 September 2011, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tp912
    replied
    Originally posted by laverne View Post
    Hi all,

I was listening to an episode of Radiolab last night about parasites and was intrigued to hear that recently people with allergies, asthma, and other autoimmune problems like Crohn's disease and MS have had success with Helminthic therapy.

Specifically with a deliberate and controlled infestation of the gut with hookworms.

I am curious if anyone has heard about this at all and if so, whether anyone wonders about a possible benefit for rosacea sufferers (i certainly do!).
    I know the causes and treatments for rosacea are enshrouded in mystery, but it really seems to me to be some kind of overactive inflammatory response, very similar to an allergy and quite possibly could be an autoimmune issue.

Any thoughts?
    I am seriously thinking about ordering some hookworms
    You may find these interesting -

Parasitic worms reverse allergies and autoimmune diseases using oligosaccharides to mimic self and silence immune over-responsiveness. He...

“Some of my rosacea (skin problem on the face) cleared immediately, within 24-48 hours of HT, but the rosacea is not gone by any means.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X