X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibo

Originally posted by pca_ View Post
    My rosacea has been gone for a while now .. Maybve the rifaximin has worked in a delayed fashion?

I am also on Warrior diet (Ori hofmekler) which means I only eat in the afternoon. The best
    I ever did for my health in general. I used to have white coating on my tongue but that has gone away too. According to Auyeveda tongue-coating is a sign that the digestive power has been weakened.

Good luck with trying rifaxmin and getting rid of rosacea, I have no doubt the disease is something that goes on in the digestive system.
    Hey
    Glad to hear your rosacea is better! I think that the rifaximin may have worked in a delayed fashion. I've noticed when I take things that balance out the bacteria in the gut, sometimes I go through a die-off phase when I get a little worse before I get better. I also have a white coating on my tongue which is now going away with the addition of kefir to my diet.
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by EK1 View Post
      Well i'm seeing my family doc on Friday and will be asking her to get me referred to someone who can do the breath test for SIBO. Hopefully someone around here does it and when i do it, i'll update with my results.
      Please do update. I'd be very interested and may pursue this route myself.
      Queta
      "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Well i missed my appointment so it's now Wednesday. I'll let people know what happens.

Comment

Well i missed my appointment so it's now Wednesday. I'll let people know what happens.
          Please keep us posted

Comment

• So no one has ever heard of the lactulose glucose breath test. Nice. Even the lab hasn't.

Comment

• Just to let you all know i have ordered a course of 10 days of 1200mg of these tablets. So when they turn up i will let you know.

Comment

• I have hardly felt burning in my skin lately. Maybe some on my ears, but not much compared to how it was a month ago. The ocular symptoms have been more or less non existing. While I took Rifaximin, I felt something was going on, but could also feel very strong burning. More than usual. It was a few days after I ended the course, the positive changes came.

It could be the autumn, because I usually change for the better when the summer and heat is gone, but the changes I felt the last 2 weeks have been very sudden, so I think it has to do with the Rifaximin.

I come from a family with stommach problems with a big S, and it is no surprise to me if Rosacea is related to that. Ever since I was a child I had diahorrea a couple of times a month at least.

I will get a new dosage of Rifaximin next month, and take them if I feel the burning and ocular problems return, and then see what happens.

The skin is not pale and healthy, and I still have oily skin, but it has been nice to not feel the burning I usually get in the office an hour after lunch or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by The taff View Post
                  Just to let you all know i have ordered a course of 10 days of 1200mg of these tablets. So when they turn up i will let you know.
                  Hi Taff,
                  I believe you are from the UK, where did you order the tablets from ?

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks
                  MD

Comment

• I was getting a prescription for Rifaximin today, and the doc said she needed some info to make sure the side effects are not harmful. I told her to google Rifaximin + Rosacea, and she did. This thread was one of the first hit she got. Guess what she said.....

"Rosacea support group? Oh my God, what is next? If you break a finger nail you can join a support group for that to?"

I felt smoke coming out of my ears and flushing in my forhead. The ignorance from some people...and even from a doctor. That says a lot about how a normal doc look at Rosacea. Because I needed this prescription I decided to shut up. She had doubts about giving it to me. But damn did I want to tell her a few things....

Comment

• Originally posted by mirradodga View Post
                      Hi Taff,
                      I believe you are from the UK, where did you order the tablets from ?

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks
                      MD
                      Yeh i'm from the UK MD. I ordered them from Goldpharma, the brand are RIFACOL C.TAB BT 12x200MG . It cost £111.00 for the 10 day course at 1200mg a day.

Cheers Taff

Comment

• It is so wonderful to be free of rosacea! I remember how I used to suffer so much from it, and now it is gone and my skin feels so cool and natural moist, I can even take hot showers and get the water on my face, something I avoided for two years. No more waking up with a swelled up nose, or twitching in my cheeks! No more p&ps, no excessive redness

My hair quality has also improved, I think that which causes rosacea also can cause dry and lifeless hair.

I Hope to hear more success stories from people who get rid of the disease, by getting their gut and digestion healthy and back on track. Your whole body will be healthier, not just the skin appearance.

Something that has contributed to my "cure" I think, is eating very little and only raw food during the day: vegetables and low glycemic fruits, maybe a little protein but no carbs at all. In the evening eat as much as you like from all groups: vegetables raw and cooked, proteins, fats, carbs, but not from any processed foods.

Comment

• Pcs did you also go on rifaximin?

Comment

Pcs did you also go on rifaximin?
                            I took the 10 days rifaxmin course, just like in the study. But I was red during the treatment like it
                            had no effect on it. But since then, rosacea has diminished more and more. But as I said, I also
                            did other things, so hard to say how much is from rifaxmin alone.

If we are to believe that study, and if it can be re-produced (confirmed), it seems that about 50% of
                            rosacea cases are caused by a sibo infection, and can be resolved by treating this infection.

The other half of cases rosacea are caused by something else. I guess this is as many expected, that the disease could have different causes in different people.

Comment

• What other things did you do ?

Comment

• Originally posted by The taff View Post
                                Yeh i'm from the UK MD. I ordered them from Goldpharma, the brand are RIFACOL C.TAB BT 12x200MG . It cost £111.00 for the 10 day course at 1200mg a day.

Cheers Taff
                                Hi Taff,
                                Just checked the Goldpharma site, but my quote comes to £95.00 ? am I ordering the correct tablet and correct amount x 5 packs to get the right dose for 10 days supply( see below )
                                Thanks in advance
                                MD

preparation dosage
                                units dosage
                                form quantity unit price subtotal

1. RIFACOL C.TAB BT 12x200MG 12 Tablets (coated) 012345678910 £ 16.38 £ 81.88
                                PRESCRIPTION £ 5.43
                                SHIPPING FEE £ 7.69
                                TOTAL AMOUNT £ 95.00

Comment

Working...
                                X