Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updates

Hi all.

I know, I know, we hear it all the tiem. Dr. Nase has an update on his site. But it is certainly good news for all us. He is discussing the beginning of clinical testing for a medication. Here is a quote from the site:
    -------------
    This has already been shown to be effective in flushing disorders of the skin, disorders of weakened blood vessels that burst and form shunts (like rosacea), and Vasculopathy disorders. Initial pilot studies on 12 rosacea sufferers resulted in 95% reduction in facial redness and flushing episodes decreased from an average of 17.5 times a day to 0 times per day (could not be visibly noticed by clinicians nor felt by patients). Furthermore, topical application of irritants (retin A and glycolic acid) produced no visible redness in 11 of the 12 subjects, and heated environments (90 degrees Farenheit for 30 minutes) produced no visible redness in all subjects.

---------------
    So yeah, tell me not to get my hopes up. But whatever you say, my hopes are high. If this is the point they are at in summer of 2006, the cure is coming. Rosacea will one day be no more. It will happen in our lifetimes. It will happen soon.

So everyone, continue with your diets, supplements, lasers, and creams. One day soon, rosacea will be a history, a dark part in our lives that we will have to remember no more. Praise God.
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

Might this be the Sansrosa?

Comment

wow, I have to say is the best news as regards to future treatments or meds that I've heard. I hope is true and more updates follow.

Comment

This does sound like Sansrosa, or something very similar.

That's the problem. Dr. Nase gives us great news, and it's probably true and accurate, but the updates comes so few and far between that I never know where things stand.

Still, keep watching his site for updates. It's probably the best way to find out about the status now.

Comment

you might want want to move this to the news, research and current affairs. I still can't get over this news.

Comment

Whatever product it will be, sansrosa or other, once again a message from Dr. Nase has liftet my spirit. Recently it has become quiet around sansrosa and new products. So it's good to see, things are still in progress. And I'm also absolutely happy that Dr. Nase is still working in the rosacea filed. With HIS eager I'm sure that he will come up with something truely helpful for us rosaceans.

Take care all!
            Barbara

Comment

It doesn't sound like SansRosa to me, only that the effect is similar. But it's hard to get one's hopes up since nothing ever seems to materialize.
              KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

I can see the side skepticism also. But the part that tipped the scales for me was he did indeed post an article in his future treatments section in June 05 about this type of thing. I'm sure it will still be a while before, if even ever, it is released and if doesn;t I'm sure it will give rise to others like it that will get released.

Comment

Comment

dawg: I agree. Take this for what it is, and it is very hopeful. Even if this particular product takes a long time to get to market, we know it exists out there, and the pilot studies apparently prove it is successful.

That means one thing to me: somewhere, in some lab, or some facility, the cure exists. Granted, it may take a long time of testing, and a long time of approving, and modifying, before we ever see it. But no matter how sluggish, drug companies are not stupid. They know a drug like this would be a huge money maker. Though bureaucracy may hinder it, capitalism will ultimately help bring the cure.

Comment

Hello,
                      It's great to be hopeful, but I would suggest caution regarding thinking that a "cure" is just around the corner. Rosacea is obviously a genetic condition, and correct me if I am mistaken, but there are no "cures" to any genetically induced diseases (HTN, DM, RA, etc, etc).
                      And we know a good bit more about those conditons than rosacea.
                      There aren't even any effective treatments, at least for the so-called neuropathic type.
                      When these nebulous biotech firms are identified and come out with a statement of misson regarding rosacea, then I think its time for optimism.
                      Just my cynical thoughts,
                      Perry Jones

Comment

Hey there Perry

Good to see ya posting! I've missed you! Hope all is going well for you.

Jen
                        Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Comment

I've read about enthusiastic updates and news from this source before. Ultimately they tend to be tied to a product he's pushing or a doctor he's promoting. When the relationship goes south, so does the endorsement.

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

Yes indeed everyone says Rosacea is genetic, has that ever really been proven though? I just say this because nobody else on either side of my family has it or has had it. I'm not saying that it isn't genetic but its harder for me to see that is all. As reagards to a "cure", it seems to me that some have "cured" themselves by simply changing their diet or cutting out certain foods. Others (few) go into remission over time as well by themselves. So I have to disagree with the thinking that a new med (whatever form it may be) can't cure a genetic disease or least greatly help, I think everyone would appreciate a more effective treatment at the least, even though everyone talks about cures. No other genetic diseases have been cured yet? So? Why can't Rosacea be the first? I mean everything has to start somewhere. Less is known about it for sure, but with 14 million people in the US alone with it, its not like its a small or isloated problem and the numbers seem to be increasing as well. I'm not even going to touch the part about nases updates and his motives behind them, everyone already has their own opinion and it will just cause trouble. Everyone is titled to their own opinions. Personally, I think the technology to cure Rosacea is already available, its just a matter of having more quality research done into the exact root cause, then a cure will follow. I find it hard to believe that in the next 5 years or even 10 years, that the treatments for Rosacea will at least be greatly improved and more effective or even cured. An all out 100% cure may not be "right around the corner" but something much better than whats available now is at least IMO. This update from Nase could very well just be a flop but Something good is in the the not too distant future. I guess I'm done on this until more info becomes available. Thanks for everyone who shared their thoughts and opinions.

Comment

Working...
                            X