Global AD

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dermatological patients with itch report more stress, stigmatization experience, anxiety and depression compared to patients without itch: Results from a European multi-centre study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dermatological patients with itch report more stress, stigmatization experience, anxiety and depression compared to patients without itch: Results from a European multi-centre study

CONCLUSION: This study underscores the connection between experiencing itch and its intensity and the psychological strain it places on individuals. Consequently, psychological interventions should encompass both addressing the itch itself and the interconnected psychological factors. In specific cases, it becomes imperative for dermatologists to direct individuals towards suitable healthcare resources to undergo further psychological assessment.

More...

I've dealt with eczema for years, and let me tell you, the itchiness can drive you up the wall sometimes. It's not just about the physical discomfort; it's the mental toll it takes too. Feeling constantly stressed, anxious, and even depressed because of something as seemingly small as an itch is no joke. When the itch becomes so ingrained in your daily life that you almost accept it as a part of who you are (egosyntonic), it can be really hard to break free from that cycle. But recognizing it as something that's causing distress (egodystonic) opens up opportunities for intervention and support. Personally, I'm still figuring out how to navigate this whole journey myself.

Comment

Working...
    X