Alcohol thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol thread

So this is something I have been messing with for a number of years now.
    Certain alcohol makes you flush more than others.
    Wine - terrible( the worst )
    Beer - baaad
    Vodka - full maroon
    Rum - bad
    Sugary cocktails - BAD!
    Gin - bad
    Bourbon - not so bad
    Scotch - ZERO flushing
    I have no idea what it is, but when I drink neat or on the rocks scotch I don't really flush at all.
    Anyone else notice anything like this?

Same thing with chartreuse....
    Man I love that stuff

Comment

Wine is absolutely the worst for me as well. You couldn't pay me to drink red wine! I will turn the color of the wine! I can actually tolerate beer fairly well, something I'm soo incredibly thankful for as it is something I love very much. I actually drink it very often...definitely not the best for various reasons, but whatever...I do what I can. I read somewhere that beer has anti-inflammatory properties, not sure if that's total bs though. I can't speak on hard alcohols since I don't usually drink them.

I sometimes will flush with beer though. My rosacea is really unpredictable, it makes it hard on me to know what to do and what to avoid...Something I've noticed, with me at least, is that the situation/environment in which I'm drinking seems to matter more than the alcohol itself a lot of times. Like if I'm drinking a beer in a warm, stuffy room and being animated and socializing, I will more likely than not flush badly. But if I'm sitting alone at home, relaxing quietly with a window open it's usually fine. I feel like alcohol kind of heightens my propensity to blush/flush but doesn't always cause it, if that makes sense.
      Last edited by Crimson; 23 November 2017, 05:34 AM.

Comment

This subject has come up before in this thread. RF has so much data that it is difficult to sort through, so it is understandable that you didn't know we discussed this 2011. I have a FAQ about this as well.

I too find that Scotch on the rocks does not cause any flush. I can handle one beer or one glass of wine, but any more is a no no. Now I rarely drink. Maybe once or twice a month a couple of jiggers of Scotch on the rocks, or a beer with my meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Julianjett View Post
          So this is something I have been messing with for a number of years now.
          Certain alcohol makes you flush more than others.
          Wine - terrible( the worst )
          Beer - baaad
          Vodka - full maroon
          Rum - bad
          Sugary cocktails - BAD!
          Gin - bad
          Bourbon - not so bad
          Scotch - ZERO flushing
          I have no idea what it is, but when I drink neat or on the rocks scotch I don't really flush at all.
          Anyone else notice anything like this?
          Famotidine massively reduces the alcohol flush. Always consult your doctor first before taking any medication.

Comment

What about ranitidine?

Comment

Working...
            X