Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhofade approved by the FDA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by samoht View Post
    when will rhofade be on the market for everyone ?
    I was able to get a prescription today from my dermatologist. Already available in US

    Comment


    • Originally posted by buratino29 View Post
      If Rhofade fails, most likely there won't be another medication for rosacea in the next 10 years.
      Mirvaso and Rhofade mark this alpha receptor blockers' generation of drugs.
      And if they fail (one of them did), it will be the end of this generation.

      Surely, anything new after Mirvaso and Rhofade will be based on different conception.
      I'm afraid you might be right. I heard from some rosaceans now that their dermatologists refuse to prescribe Mirvaso any longer, as every single one of their patients experienced rebound worsening. I surely hope Rhofade will not turn out to be a similar disaster as we already waited a good.. well, decade?? on this new class of drugs
      My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

      Comment


      • Originally posted by redtere View Post
        Are you putting it all over your face like it says in the pamphlet, or just the red parts. I have been using it now for 5 days, just on my nose and it hasn't done anything (not made it worse either), I use about a pea size amount.
        Just on the red parts. It would be wasteful to apply it to the non red areas. I am guessing that if the pamphlet says to apply all over your face, they are making a generalized assumption (that the affected areas could be anywhere on the face).

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nat007 View Post
          I'm afraid you might be right. I heard from some rosaceans now that their dermatologists refuse to prescribe Mirvaso any longer, as every single one of their patients experienced rebound worsening. I surely hope Rhofade will not turn out to be a similar disaster as we already waited a good.. well, decade?? on this new class of drugs
          The last 20 years will read like this. 2000 -2010 (Vbeam , IPL ) lasers failed us and then 2010 -2020 ( Mirvaso, Rhofade) creams failed us .
          So where do we go from here ?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by julien420 View Post
            The last 20 years will read like this. 2000 -2010 (Vbeam , IPL ) lasers failed us and then 2010 -2020 ( Mirvaso, Rhofade) creams failed us .
            So where do we go from here ?
            Gene therapy.. Maybe around 2050
            I honestly think the only way forward is by creating new skin from our own stem cells one day, skin that is defect free, that had some genetic alterations or simply is strong and pale and all. Or gene therapy that fixes the underlying issues that fire up rosacea (may it be auto immune disease, inflammation in the body, allergies, faulty central nervous system etc). There is nothing on the horizon in that respect any time soon.

            And then 100 years from now they can probably make perfect organic fake skin, super strong and flawless and genetically our own.

            I got this back in 1999 and I can't even count the amount of people who told me then, and in 2005 and in 2010; just wait and see how soon science and pharmaceuticals will come up with something that's a break through for rosacea. I'm still waiting and lost most hope in anything revolutionary before my old age
            My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nat007 View Post
              Gene therapy.. Maybe around 2050
              I honestly think the only way forward is by creating new skin from our own stem cells one day, skin that is defect free, that had some genetic alterations or simply is strong and pale and all. Or gene therapy that fixes the underlying issues that fire up rosacea (may it be auto immune disease, inflammation in the body, allergies, faulty central nervous system etc). There is nothing on the horizon in that respect any time soon.

              And then 100 years from now they can probably make perfect organic fake skin, super strong and flawless and genetically our own.

              I got this back in 1999 and I can't even count the amount of people who told me then, and in 2005 and in 2010; just wait and see how soon science and pharmaceuticals will come up with something that's a break through for rosacea. I'm still waiting and lost most hope in anything revolutionary before my old age
              Hi Nat
              Creating new skin from our own stem cells is already here " ReCell spray on skin ( used on burns victims ) . I don't think that will work for us . Yes it has to be something to do with gene therapy . So in 2019 you will have this 20 years and its safe to say now that the way things are going ( Going off the last 20 years ) it will be at least 2029 before we might see something that will actually work for Redness/ Flushing . Sad but true

              Comment


              • Originally posted by julien420 View Post
                Hi Nat
                Creating new skin from our own stem cells is already here " ReCell spray on skin ( used on burns victims ) . I don't think that will work for us . Yes it has to be something to do with gene therapy . So in 2019 you will have this 20 years and its safe to say now that the way things are going ( Going off the last 20 years ) it will be at least 2029 before we might see something that will actually work for Redness/ Flushing . Sad but true
                ReCell, how interesting! First time I hear about it, so thank you. Many people here have a compromised skin barrier issue... do you think spraying another layer of your own skin cells on top of this fragile thin upper skin of our faces would just seemlessly make it melt in and add that extra layer in theory? Probably not eh?..

                I found this about it: "This amazingly simple to use kit enables practitioners to harvest skin cell samples from the patient, usually a sample no bigger than a postage stamp, process it in the kit, and literally spray the processed skin cell solution onto the wound. This method works for second degree burns where the subcutaneous tissue has not been burned away. Third degree burns still require a full skin graft. Where the skin sample can be taken from an area very close to the wound, the cells regrow leaving much less noticeable scaring. The skin cells also attach and grow without rejection. The ReCell kit enables practitioners to make the skin sample taken regenerate an injured area eighty times larger than the sample. This was the stuff of science fiction not so long ago."

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tacKb0XPQ5M

                You might need a big skin surface and a lot of extra skin layers to cover the redness and the visible blood vessels?

                I think that any break through we might encounter will most likely come through other specialities btw... Maybe other skin conditions and research done for them, or research on auto immune diseases even.. But yeh, that might take another decade or more But who knows, they might be working on something in secret right now
                My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nyjets2017 View Post
                  Received my prescription for rhofade today. A tube of 30g of cream.
                  Was excited and a bit scared to try it out. Hoping it works with no rebound effects. I applied a thin layer about 30 minutes ago. So far no effect to my redness on nose or cheeks. I assume it doesn't work instantly like mirvaso did. Maybe a good sign ;-)
                  How are you going along with Rhofade Nyjets2017?
                  My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

                  Comment


                  • BVoky how are you ? Is rhofade still working for you ?

                    Comment


                    • Are any other members that are based in the US intending on trialling Rhofade?

                      Comment


                      • it's getting quite around here.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Henrik1967 View Post
                          Are any other members that are based in the US intending on trialling Rhofade?
                          I might, but I wanted to see the early results first.

                          Comment


                          • Rhofade update

                            Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                            How are you going along with Rhofade Nyjets2017?
                            Unfortunately I don't see any difference in my redness on my face or nose. I have been using it now for 6 days. Not sure if this will work for me. :-(

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nyjets2017 View Post
                              Unfortunately I don't see any difference in my redness on my face or nose. I have been using it now for 6 days. Not sure if this will work for me. :-(
                              really...?? what type of rosacea do you have?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by samoht View Post
                                really...?? what type of rosacea do you have?
                                I have permanent redness on my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. But I also have Papulopustular Roscea. But that is well controlled with using soolantra. But never found anything that helps with my redness on my face. I am a 45 yr old female and have had roscea since my 20s.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X