Global AD

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allergan Oxymetazoline

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Rhofade, also known as oxymetazoline hydrochloride cream (1 percent strength), is a topical cream made to treat persistent facial erythema (redness), as opposed to the other symptoms of rosacea, like easy flushing, red bumps and pus pimples, skin burning, and sensitivity, explains Joshua Zeichner, a New York City dermatologist.
    How does Rhofade work? Rosacea sufferers experience an overactivity of blood vessels in the face, which is why those with rosacea flush easier than others. Over time, the persistent flushing can lead to what Zeichner likens to fixed background redness. "Rhofade directly addresses this redness by constricting the blood vessels," he explains.
    TeenVogue
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 23 January 2017, 03:31 AM.

    Comment


    • #47
      It can be just as weak as Mirvaso.
      RHOFADE has just been approved by the FDA and some of the information that is typically included in the RHOFADE Prescribing Information is now available. The PI for a prescription treatment include…

      Comment


      • #48
        It has always been a truism in rosacea that those looking for a quick miraculous cure cream will be disappointed.
        Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

        Comment


        • #49
          I’ve read about sides of Rhofade and they look very similar to those of Mirvaso.
          The problem with vasoconstrictors, in my view, is that if you use weak formulation, it does little or nothing.
          If you use strong one , it gives unacceptable sides, like rebound flushing. I think it might be unsolvable.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by kalis View Post
            im testing oxymetazolyne (aturgyl) for my cheeks's redness

            i can say that the aturgyl effects is more longer than mirvaso (even when you cleanse it after a day of using it)
            and it is working immediatly after you apply it
            the rebound effect is less than mirvaso also
            im not also feeling the unconfortable burning rebound effect the night like it was with mirvaso

            but
            unless than mirvaso, i can feel the night a little anesthetize feeling (especially on the upper theeth), which is not really a problem (it is really liveable).
            and like mirvaso, i can feel some heart stress (but maybe it is just because im stressed?), but i think it is the aturgyl the cause.
            and like mirvaso, i can feel some burning effect to the ear. (but it is really liveable..)


            the rebound effect is better than mirvaso, and im think it is maybe possible to find a balance between rebound/pale skin unlinke mirvaso for which it is obviously not possible.

            for the moment.
            i apply one drop of aturgyl, and some water. (maybe 10 drop of water)
            and the all applyed for the two cheeks and noze.
            i will diluate more in order to find maybe a balance between rebound/pale/heart.

            idk for the moment..
            This is a few months old now, any updates. Is this the nasal spray or tear drops. Also the only Aturgyl I can find is 0.05% Oxymetazoline, which is 20 times less potent than Rhofade. From what you have written it is having an effect at that low a dose.
            Last edited by redtere; 30 January 2017, 05:46 PM.

            Comment


            • #51
              My advice would be to only use genuine rhofade as there are too many unknowns using some other of the shelf eye product. Your doctor will only be able to offer help for known prescriptions.
              Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

              Comment


              • #52
                Just started trying it

                Originally posted by samoht View Post
                which spray should i buy then ? and how much of this spray should i mix with a lotion ?

                are there any rosacea sufferers who already tried this ? and what result did they have ? is it possible that the rosacea gets worse when putting this stuff on your face ?
                This is my third day of applying Oxymetazoline HCL from a nose spray product. My results are very similar to the limited test results that have been published - almost immediate improvement. I don't have generalized redness, but do have (almost HAD) other symptoms of inflammation (visible blood vessels,, etc.) and the acne-like symptoms, as well as a swelling nose. Quickest acting and most effective treatment I have tried. I am going to order a .1% cream from Australia as soon as I can arrange it. I believe the Oxymetazoline HCL will work better, be easier to apply and have less side affects in a cream form.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by johnsob0 View Post
                  This is my third day of applying Oxymetazoline HCL from a nose spray product. My results are very similar to the limited test results that have been published - almost immediate improvement. I don't have generalized redness, but do have (almost HAD) other symptoms of inflammation (visible blood vessels,, etc.) and the acne-like symptoms, as well as a swelling nose. Quickest acting and most effective treatment I have tried. I am going to order a .1% cream from Australia as soon as I can arrange it. I believe the Oxymetazoline HCL will work better, be easier to apply and have less side affects in a cream form.
                  Hi

                  Almost immediate improvement from Oxy HCL Spray , So what percentage Oxy is that ? , Rhofade is 1% .

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I mixed Afrin and CeraVe (suggested my dermatologist) and it worked! Immediately less redness!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Emily47 View Post
                      I mixed Afrin and CeraVe (suggested my dermatologist) and it worked! Immediately less redness!
                      Interesting! I'm not sure what to think about a doctor being that experimental...
                      Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
                        Interesting! I'm not sure what to think about a doctor being that experimental...
                        This was posted in March 2017:

                        One common complaint that patients have is skin redness," said Arisa Ortiz, M.D., director of Laser and Cosmetic Dermatology at UC San Diego Health. "The redness may be a result of dry skin or rosacea, a condition that causes flushing of the face. For people with mild forms of rosacea, nasal sprays like Afrin can temporarily reduce redness." Source

                        Emily47's post was eight months later.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
                          Interesting! I'm not sure what to think about a doctor being that experimental...
                          So I apparently shouldn't have been all that surprised because I did write about this in 2014 ....

                          Afrin (Oxymetazoline) Safe Off Label Drug for a Red Face
                          Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
                            So I apparently shouldn't have been all that surprised because I did write about this in 2014 ....

                            Afrin (Oxymetazoline) Safe Off Label Drug for a Red Face
                            Hi David, so you've tried it and it worked.. still using it? curious about effects on long term use as the effect (for Afrin in the case of nose) is supposed to decrease with time.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I haven't tried it myself, was just quoting a paper where it was discussed as a viable treatment.

                              Now that Rhofade has been released we can at least compare efficacy and safety with everyone trying the same formulation, rather than guessing against many different custom formulations if we all made our own.
                              Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
                                I haven't tried it myself, was just quoting a paper where it was discussed as a viable treatment.

                                Now that Rhofade has been released we can at least compare efficacy and safety with everyone trying the same formulation, rather than guessing against many different custom formulations if we all made our own.
                                thank you for the info. Unfortunately it hasn't been released in Europe yet, I was wondering if something similar can be used here. Everything I've seen it's in spray form and not so strong.. best thing would be to have something in gel form and strong as Rhofade.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X