Allergan Oxymetazoline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samoht View Post
    which spray should i buy then ? and how much of this spray should i mix with a lotion ?

are there any rosacea sufferers who already tried this ? and what result did they have ? is it possible that the rosacea gets worse when putting this stuff on your face ?
    y'know, this is totally up to you. Mix it with drops of water, mix it with lotion - that's up to you. You already what pharmaceutical company will try to do, put it in a tube with somewhat vague/variable instructions in an expensive gel-form primarily composed of glycerin, parabens and poly-ol products to form an expensive looking/feeling gel (all contents available at Walmart in various lotions) - just experiment with it. You use too much, you might experience a flush effect (I would guess), use too little, flush appearance isn't reduced. There is no logical reason to wait for 2017 to get it, and be charged some 500 dollars for a small tube of it, only to realize oxymetazoline isn't something that works for you. May as well figure that out for 5 bucks.

It appears someone on this thread tried aturgyl and said it works - may as well go with that. No reason something like Afrin wouldn't work though, same active ingredient.

Comment

Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
      Many who asked this question and tried Alphagan P to get hold of brimonidine before Mirvaso was available did not do well.

This would be a good reason to wait until next year, when your doctor is part of the treatment and can support you.
      I didn't realize people tried Alphagan P before Mirvaso came out, what a great idea! They could experience all the horrible rebound flush reactions, instead of paying 500 dollars for Mirvaso, then experiencing such horrid side effects.

Don't be surprised to see Oxymetazoline in a 500 dollar tube next year, it's probably smarter to go ahead and do a trial version with nasal sprays. As far as a doctor being able to support you, how exactly does the doctor support you after you get a bad reaction from Mirvaso? "Uhh, stop using it then." or maybe, "apply... an ice...pack..." - there is no real support here. These drugs are just there for a localized vasoconstrictive effect. the reality with this particular drug is, people having been snorting it without any major problems for the last 50-some years. Apply it to your face as you see fit, don't get ripped off by a big pharmaceutical company, in this specific case.

Just my two cents on oxymetazoline.

Comment

Originally posted by DBAA View Post
        I didn't realize people tried Alphagan P before Mirvaso came out, what a great idea! They could experience all the horrible rebound flush reactions, instead of paying 500 dollars for Mirvaso, then experiencing such horrid side effects.
        The formulation of Mirvaso is not the same as Alphagan P of course, so there is the added problem of other active ingredients that might produce allergic dermatitis on sensitive rosacea sufferers' skin. It is not so simple as saying try one to evaluate the other.

Don't be surprised to see Oxymetazoline in a 500 dollar tube next year, it's probably smarter to go ahead and do a trial version with nasal sprays. As far as a doctor being able to support you, how exactly does the doctor support you after you get a bad reaction from Mirvaso? "Uhh, stop using it then." or maybe, "apply... an ice...pack..." - there is no real support here. These drugs are just there for a localized vasoconstrictive effect. the reality with this particular drug is, people having been snorting it without any major problems for the last 50-some years. Apply it to your face as you see fit, don't get ripped off by a big pharmaceutical company, in this specific case.

Just my two cents on oxymetazoline.
        Doctors can tell you straight away if you are having an allergic contact reaction, systemic allergy or other, can help you decide to stop it quickly if needed, offer other adjunctive therapies, offer a free sample, help you request a refund if you have adverse reaction, monitor for long term effects. etc. etc.

I think we can be tempted in the internet age to treat ourselves based on what amounts to mere anecdotes. This has many dangers, so be careful out there.
        Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Comment

Originally posted by DBAA View Post
          These drugs are just there for a localized vasoconstrictive effect. the reality with this particular drug is, people having been snorting it without any major problems for the last 50-some years. Apply it to your face as you see fit, don't get ripped off by a big pharmaceutical company, in this specific case.
          That is not true, there is no 50+ years of no problem use with oxymetazoline intra nasal. All drugs have side effects.

Have a read of this - Rebound Congestion Rhinitis Medicamentosa Information Page as a starter.

Comment

any news on the product ?

Comment

any news on the product ?
              Don't worry, you won't miss any important announcements - but the silence is hard to tolerate ;)

Comment

can you read your privates messages david ? (from the board system)

Comment

Will the Azultro gel from Allergan be suitable for people with erytherma caused by KPRF and is it likely to have the same effect?

Surely if this can produce long-term results without rebounds, it will be the biggest revolution in treatment we've seen for these conditions?

Seeing as Mirvaso became available on the NHS, I don't see why they wouldn't replace that with Azultro if it is shown to be more effective, meaning it could be available at subscription prices in the UK.

Comment

what about some news about azultro ?

Comment

Sure. Should I make some up? ..... 😊

Comment

but do you really think this product is coming in 2017 ?

Comment

but do you really think this product is coming in 2017 ?
                          The end of 2017 is quite a long way off, so lets hope so.

Comment

Looks like this drug name is Rhofade according to http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowat...bound-in-2017/

Fingers crossed for this product!

Comment

Originally posted by roasceaclearwannabe View Post
                              Looks like this drug name is Rhofade according to http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowat...bound-in-2017/

Fingers crossed for this product!
                              I don't understand, sorry.
                              There is written:
                              a) Allergan will rebound. Does not work?
                              b) Allergan will not be available in 2017?
                              c) Allergan has too high a price?

Thank you for your answer. I average speaks English.

Comment

Originally posted by poppe View Post
                                I don't understand, sorry.
                                There is written:
                                a) Allergan will rebound. Does not work?
                                b) Allergan will not be available in 2017?
                                c) Allergan has too high a price?

Thank you for your answer. I average speaks English.
                                The rebound being talked about here is the stock price rebounding, not the redness ....

It is expected to be approved by the FDA in early 2017.

The price here is the stock price, but one could be mistaken for thinking it means for a 10gm tube

I will collect all the news here - Rhofade.

Comment

Working...
                                X