• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onreltea (Mirvaso) Released in Canada

http://members.irosacea.org/topic/19...sed-in-canada/
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

My doctor couldn't find Onreltea (worst name ever) in the computer system so I asked her just to write "Brimonidine" in the prescription form. I took it to the pharmacy and they said they can order it in tomorrow. Unfortunately it's 140 dollars for a 30g tube and there are no "sample tubes", so I could easily be pissing away 140 dollars if most of these reviews on the forum are true.

I think i'm gonna buy it anyway simply because there are no other alternatives and i'm at wits end here.

Comment

Canadian Rosacea Sufferers Now Have a New Option Proven to Reduce Facial Redness - Onreltea

That is a great name - Unreality

Comment

I agree it is an awful name.

At least if they spelled it Onreltiya we could pronounce it like they intend - at least I imagine that is what they meant.
        Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Comment

But they say it Onrel-tee-ah, but the spelling ONRELTEA doesn't help you guess that.
          Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Comment

I started using Onreltea about 5 weeks ago, once a day in the morning and then I use Metrogel at night. It's definitely helped with my redness but I'm not quite convinced that it's effective for 12 hours as it states, more like 8-10 and I still need to be careful of what I'm eating and drinking. It is very expensive $140 for 30g tube which lasts about a month. If I can answer any questions I'm happy to.

Comment

Onreltea - suffering badly!

I was prescribed Onreltea three months ago (Nov 2014) and used it daily - it was the magic bullet! I saw immediate improvement and redness was reduced substantialy. Now, three months in, I have had to stop using it - the classic "butterfly" pattern (chin, nose, cheeks and brow area) turn blazing red and blister with severe pain - almost like a blow torch in each area. Like a previous contributor to this site, I tried ice packs etc….. I stopped using it until a week or so later and things had settled down. I then tried a controled experiment and the test area flared up again after a few hours. I consider the stuff lethal now and will not be getting a repeat prescription. Thankfully, my health plan covered 80% of the cost and I feel for anyone as desperate as I was that encounters similar experiences and not being covered. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from the forum on how to notify the manufacturers as I must assume they are unware of medium to long term side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                I was prescribed Onreltea three months ago (Nov 2014) and used it daily - it was the magic bullet! I saw immediate improvement and redness was reduced substantialy. Now, three months in, I have had to stop using it - the classic "butterfly" pattern (chin, nose, cheeks and brow area) turn blazing red and blister with severe pain - almost like a blow torch in each area. Like a previous contributor to this site, I tried ice packs etc….. I stopped using it until a week or so later and things had settled down. I then tried a controled experiment and the test area flared up again after a few hours. I consider the stuff lethal now and will not be getting a repeat prescription. Thankfully, my health plan covered 80% of the cost and I feel for anyone as desperate as I was that encounters similar experiences and not being covered. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from the forum on how to notify the manufacturers as I must assume they are unware of medium to long term side effects.
                What I cant get my head around is that some people get away with using Mirvaso every day for 3 months until they get a rebound

And then there are others who will get rebound after using it the once only . Weird

I bet you never Flushed in your life before this ?

Comment

Working...
                X