Global AD

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by davekelly View Post
    Samar2000

    I think you've totally missed my point on what Im trying to explain to you .


    Lets start again shall we

    Putting Mirvaso in its current strenght on your Face that lasts for 8 hours or in some cases even longer = Rebound even after one use in some people

    Putting Mirvaso in half strength on your face that lasts for 4 hours = Does it cause Rebound after one use ?


    Also it would be asking for trouble if you were to drink alcohol while using Mirvaso . That's just Asking for rebound
    I know, I just felt like you needed some cheering up.

    I'm not sure how Mirvaso works, a weaker strength , does that mean weaker constriction, or does the strength of the constriction stay the same but the duration is shorter?
    I think it will cause rebound no matter what strength. Mirvaso constricts the veins, once it has done its job, the veins will vasilidate again, which causes rebound. Maybe the rebound will be less strong, I don't know, but there will be rebound. The veins go back to their previous position, and the blood flow will be stronger. If you take a hose , let water flow through it, you put your foot on it let a little water through, the water flow will be very weak on one side. When you remove your foot , the water will flow really fast through the hose. Now if you put your foot on the hose , let a little more water through then in the first case, the water flow will be a little stronger then in the first case, when you remove your foot, the water will rush through the hose but not as strong as in the first case. I don't know if it makes any sense, but that's how I think it works. I'm not sure.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Samar2000 View Post
      I know, I just felt like you needed some cheering up.

      I'm not sure how Mirvaso works, a weaker strength , does that mean weaker constriction, or does the strength of the constriction stay the same but the duration is shorter? I think it will cause rebound no matter what strength. Mirvaso constricts the veins, once it has done its job, the veins will vasilidate again, which causes rebound. Maybe the rebound will be less strong, I don't know, but there will be rebound. The veins go back to their previous position, and the blood flow will be stronger. If you take a hose , let water flow through it, you put your foot on it let a little water through, the water flow will be very weak on one side. When you remove your foot , the water will flow really fast through the hose. Now if you put your foot on the hose , let a little more water through then in the first case, the water flow will be a little stronger then in the first case, when you remove your foot, the water will rush through the hose but not as strong as in the first case. I don't know if it makes any sense, but that's how I think it works. I'm not sure.
      That's what Im trying to find out Samar . Mirvaso isn't available in Ireland .. I wonder why that is ?

      So I cant test the half strength myself .

      Every Flusher has a different Flushing tolerance to the next .

      So I am amazed why some people didn't do that when they first tried it .

      It would have been a much safer option then taking Mirvaso full strength .

      Comment


      • Originally posted by davekelly View Post
        That's what Im trying to find out Samar . Mirvaso isn't available in Ireland .. I wonder why that is ?

        So I cant test the half strength myself .

        Every Flusher has a different Flushing tolerance to the next .

        So I am amazed why some people didn't do that when they first tried it .

        It would have been a much safer option then taking Mirvaso full strength .

        News today that Mirvaso has gained approval or Marketing Authorisation as they call it, by the European Commission.
        This means that Mirvaso is approved for sale and will soon be available across the European Community, at the will and availability of Galderma.
        So Mirvaso is now approved for sale in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
        . This was in February 2014 btw.

        Ireland was smart enough not to sell it, after all those negative experiences, must be the reason.
        I was reading all the negative comments of people. There was one women who had mixed a little of Mirvaso with her moisturizer I believe, she was amazed how well it worked. She didn't mention anything about rebound effects.
        Samar2000
        Senior Member
        Last edited by Samar2000; 12 November 2014, 09:38 PM.

        Comment


        • I would not be surprised if they come out with a less potent version. Just like any other medication.


          Good analogy Samar. That's exactly how it works.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Samar2000 View Post
            News today that Mirvaso has gained approval or Marketing Authorisation as they call it, by the European Commission.
            This means that Mirvaso is approved for sale and will soon be available across the European Community, at the will and availability of Galderma.
            So Mirvaso is now approved for sale in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.[/I]. This was in February 2014 btw.

            Ireland was smart enough not to sell it, after all those negative experiences, must be the reason.
            I was reading all the negative comments of people. There was one women who had mixed a little of Mirvaso with her moisturizer I believe, she was amazed how well it worked. She didn't mention anything about rebound effects.

            I don't think Mirvaso would be the way to go. The constant constriction and vasilidation is bad, the veins become weaker then they already were to begin with, which causes more redness in the long run. ( a rubber band that's weak already, if you keep stretching it ,it will eventually break).

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gazoo View Post
              I would not be surprised if they come out with a less potent version. Just like any other medication.


              Good analogy Samar. That's exactly how it works.

              Yes Good work Samar . You should get a job working for Galderma

              You seem to know more about how things work than they do .

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Samar2000 View Post
                I don't think Mirvaso would be the way to go. The constant constriction and vasilidation is bad, the veins become weaker then they already were to begin with, which causes more redness in the long run. ( a rubber band that's weak already, if you keep stretching it ,it will eventually break).

                But using it once or twice a month would hardly do that . Again back to everything in moderation

                Until I get my hands on it and dilute to half strength I wont really know .

                And this is how I would dilute it .

                I would just empty the whole tube of Mirvaso into a Jar and then empty the same amount of moisturiser into the same jar then I would stir it for a while and put a lid on it .

                Hey presto we have half strength Mirvaso .

                Comment


                • Originally posted by davekelly View Post
                  But using it once or twice a month would hardly do that . Again back to everything in moderation

                  Until I get my hands on it and dilute to half strength I wont really know .

                  And this is how I would dilute it .

                  I would just empty the whole tube of Mirvaso into a Jar and then empty the same amount of moisturiser into the same jar then I would stir it for a while and put a lid on it .

                  Hey presto we have half strength Mirvaso .
                  You could send it to Ireland and let Dave Be the guinea pig, everybody's happy.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Samar2000 View Post


                    You could send it to Ireland and let Dave Be the guinea pig, everybody's happy.wink1:

                    I be more than happy to . Im not on any medication or using any creams so it will just be me and Mirvaso [half strength ]

                    Comment


                    • Cafepharma message boards

                      Take Mirvaso off market thread

                      well worth reading folks

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by davekelly View Post
                        Cafepharma message boards

                        Take Mirvaso off market thread

                        well worth reading folks
                        A new Mirvaso study? Sign up for that one, dave
                        http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT02249065

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by davekelly View Post
                          Cafepharma message boards

                          Take Mirvaso off market thread

                          well worth reading folks


                          Haha yeh good read, I especially like this comment there: "I get your point, however, expectations are just that. They are a prediction. I've been in pharma for a long time and it is not unusual for a new drug (especially a "first in class" drug that actually works immediately to boot) to take a while before physicians learn how to use it effectively and how to deal with patient expectations. After reading this board, I browsed the online comments and noticed a few things: Mirvaso has great reviews at WebMD (a very mainstream site) and Drugs.com (another mainstream site). Also, there are very few European complaints about Mirvaso. The main site that bashes it is a rosacea forum/chat room site. But they don't like anything...capitalism, vaccines, laundry detergent...you name it. What I do know is the providers in my area have warmed up to Mirvaso considerably over the course of the past year. I think it will be prescribed for years to come (I'm not saying this just because I represent it)"

                          http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/sho...d.php?t=567768

                          My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

                          Comment


                          • I count 26 negative reports at WebMD collected here. The majority do favor Mirvaso.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                              The main site that bashes it is a rosacea forum/chat room site. But they don't like anything...capitalism, vaccines, laundry detergent...you name it. What I do know is the providers in my area have warmed up to Mirvaso considerably over the course of the past year. I think it will be prescribed for years to come (I'm not saying this just because I represent it)"

                              http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/sho...d.php?t=567768

                              Surely they don't mean us do they ?????
                              Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                                I count 26 negative reports at WebMD collected here. The majority do favor Mirvaso.
                                I was looking through those reviews and a lot of the positive ones just seem fishy. A lot of people claiming it works, but only if you cut it with something. This is what the reps are saying on the cafepharma forum as well so it makes me wonder. How is it that all of these people were able to independently and effectively cut it, without collaboration, but yet noone on this forum has? Its just odd.

                                And this:
                                "I am a physician and have prescribed Mirvaso for many of my patients. No significant problums thus far."

                                First off, that would seem statistically impossible. Second, how is that a physician cannot spell "problems". That is not a typo, but a the phonetic spelling. I call BS on a lot of those reviews. The wording...things are just off.
                                wiry
                                Senior Member
                                Last edited by wiry; 13 November 2014, 08:44 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X