Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I told you so.

Haha, thanks for reporting back on this. That is really important.

Based on how Mirvaso works, I have been of the opinion that it will eventually cause rebounding in everyone. You were one of the few exceptions (perhaps the only exception for regular posters). I am of the opinion that the rebound rate may be 100% in time for all users.

The only time I could see this being useful would be for a special event (wedding, important social event, etc.). Even then it is risky because the window isn't always predictable. Overall, Mirvaso is just bad. Its done far more damage than benefit.

Comment

• Thanks GreenGables. Your testimony about mirvaso rebound may
      Well be the most important yet because it reveals conclusively imo
      That long time users should expect rebound at some point. Still,
      Sorry it didn't work. Sounds like your skin is very resilient / lucky
      You!!!

Comment

• GreenGables.

Are you a Flusher ?

Comment

• Originally posted by davekelly View Post
          GreenGables.

Are you a Flusher ?
          If you mean do I experience flushing episodes, yes.

I would characterize my rosacea as a consistent baseline redness level with some flushing episodes.

The difference between my normal flushes and the Mirvaso flush was that my normal flushes start inward...reddest at the nose and cheeks and don't really affect the outer area of my face. The Mirvaso flush was outward-in...reddest at the edges of my face.

The only difference between now and when I first started Mirvaso is that my baseline redness was actually a bit better this year. Perhaps my baseline redness was bad enough last year that my blood vessels could not dilate any further. So I may have been "rebounding" all along and simply not noticed because my natural state was 100% capillary dilation.
          Last edited by GreenGables; 20 October 2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenGables View Post
            If you mean do I experience flushing episodes, yes.
            I would characterize my rosacea as a consistent baseline redness level with some flushing episodes.

The difference between my normal flushes and the Mirvaso flush was that my normal flushes start inward...reddest at the nose and cheeks and don't really affect the outer area of my face. The Mirvaso flush was outward-in...reddest at the edges of my face.

The only difference between now and when I first started Mirvaso is that my baseline redness was actually a bit better this year. Perhaps my baseline redness was bad enough last year that my blood vessels could not dilate any further. So I may have been "rebounding" all along and simply not noticed because my natural state was 100% capillary dilation.
            Hi GreenGables

Okay lets make this simple for everyone to understand your Flushing episodes

Do you Flush in Heated rooms

Do you Flush when you drink Alcohol

Do you Flush if you get Sun on your Face

Do you Flush when you get stressed

Do you Flush when you get excited

All the above would be triggers for a Flusher .

Comment

• Davekelly--not sure what you're getting at. Are you trying to prove whether I am or am not a flusher according to your definition?

To me FLUSHING is GETTING RED VERY QUICKLY above and beyond the semipermanent baseline level of redness.

The flush is definitely noticeable and more severe than typical redness. I have been asked if I am going to pass out, did I fall and hit my head, did I get a severe sunburn over the weekend, etc.

My personal triggers are typically exercise, strong emotions, and abrupt temperature CHANGES (it's not a heated room persay, but going from cold to hot, or hot to cold). However they do not trigger flushing ALL the time. Sometimes I can do the same exercise routine at the same time of the day and get seriously flushed. And sometimes I'll be just fine.

However sometimes I flush for no apparent reason at all.

I also went through a period where I flushed consistently at around 5pm everyday. Then for no discernible reason, that stopped happening.

As I said, I've never had a flush that was outward-in before, like I did after a day of Mirvaso this last time. I believe it was linked to Mirvaso becaues it happened at the same time that Mirvaso wears off for me every day, and the flush looked different than any flush I'd had in my years and years of rosacea. You could literally see the outline of my fingers where I had applied the cream. If there was a glimmer of hope that it was not linked to Mirvaso, I would gladly slather it on my face again, because NOTHING else gets me close to that pale.

And yes, I have also had a flushing episode on a Mirvaso day. But it looked the same as all my flushing episodes, and when it wore off, I was back to Mirvaso-pale assuming it had not yet been 6-8 hours.
              Last edited by GreenGables; 22 October 2014, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• Hi GreenGables

The reason I was asking you all this is because I trust you 100%

Its safe to say you are what we call a Flusher .

I really appreciate your posts on this matter .

Heres a 6 million Dollar Question for you

When you used Mirvaso for the first time was it like a miracle ?

Did it prevent you from flushing for that 6 hours or so

And if the answer is yes

Do you think that Mirvaso would still work if it was diluted to half of its normal strenght ?

Comment

• Originally posted by davekelly View Post
                  Hi GreenGables

The reason I was asking you all this is because I trust you 100%

Its safe to say you are what we call a Flusher .

I really appreciate your posts on this matter .

Heres a 6 million Dollar Question for you

When you used Mirvaso for the first time was it like a miracle ?

Did it prevent you from flushing for that 6 hours or so

And if the answer is yes

Do you think that Mirvaso would still work if it was diluted to half of its normal strenght ?
                  I didn't have any flushing the first few days of Mirvaso. But I don't get a flush everyday either. I wish my flushing episodes were easier to track and predict. So it could be related. Could be coincidence.

I don't know. I haven't mixed Mirvaso with anything. It would be the first thing on my skin, and if I added anything else like a physical sunscreen then I'd wait 20-30 minutes first.

You think it's just the strength of the formulation that's causing rebound redness?

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenGables View Post
                    I didn't have any flushing the first few days of Mirvaso. But I don't get a flush everyday either. I wish my flushing episodes were easier to track and predict. So it could be related. Could be coincidence.

I don't know. I haven't mixed Mirvaso with anything. It would be the first thing on my skin, and if I added anything else like a physical sunscreen then I'd wait 20-30 minutes first.

You think it's just the strength of the formulation that's causing rebound redness?

To Cut a Long Story Short .

There has never been anything out there to give us Flushers a chance to feel normal again for a couple of hours .

Galderma I feel totally went the wrong way with Mirvaso . Telling people to use it everyday = Big Mistake

I personally believe that a half strength Mirvaso could do the job for a couple of hours [ maybe 3-4 hours possibly once a week and no more than that because of the Rebound ]

Basically Flush Free for a couple of hours a week with 100% No Rebound

You could sit in a heated room .

You could laugh without going red

You could get stressed without going red .

You could even have sex without going red

How many Flushers out there would have bought that Mirvaso knowing that they can be normal again for a couple of hours every weekend ?

I would say every single Flusher on planet Earth
                    Last edited by davekelly; 23 October 2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by roasceaclearwannabe View Post
                      Don't know if anyone saw this but there is a programme broadcast here in the UK called 'My Naked Secret', in a nutshell its a programme focusing on people with embarrassing and hidden medical conditions. The programme is broadcast on the TV Channel TLC, which I think is only available on satalite over here e.g. sky.

Anyways there was an episode relating to a female that suffers from Rosacea (seemed to be subtype 2). The show follows the female receiving psychological support from a psychologist and attending at a clinic to receive medical treatment for the condition. To cut a long story short she is prescribed Mirvaso and it is built as a brand new rosacea treatment and she is the first patient in Europe to try it, presumably the episode was filmed a few months ago. The doctor is clearly seen giving her Mirvaso in the episode, however she reported that she experienced worsening rebound flushing with continued use so had to discontinue the use of Mirvaso like many of us on here! On the episode they show a couple of photos showing the rebound flushing. I personally am quite pleased, in a way that the producers of the show did not mislead viewers and the true reaction of the female patient was highlighted and shown.

The episode is still available on Sky on demand for all the UK members!

I remember I applied to go onto this show about 12 months ago, as the production company had appealed for people suffering with skin conditions to audition. I went through part of the auditioning process but pulled out when they started mentioning that they would need to interview my family and friends as part of the auditioning process. I'm glad I didn't go through with it now, as I have tried Mirvaso myself and experienced the rebound flushing!

Will try and see if the episode is available online for non-UK members, in the meantime here is a link to the programmes website (Episode 7 - Anna):

http://www.uk.tlc.com/shows/my-naked-secret/episodes/
                      You can view the episode in iTunes, Episode 2, Ana in the UK (not available in USA).

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                        You can view the episode in iTunes, Episode 2, Ana in the UK (not available in USA).
                        Just wanted to add some thoughts here.

I was only diagnosed with rosacea a few months ago (August), which is when I started using mirvaso. It worked like a miracle for awhile, lasting around 8 hours a day. Today though it seemed to only last 4.

It's only as of this week that I've had a pretty bad reaction to something. First I thought it was the cerave moisturizing lotion (as I hadn't used it daily for awhile). Then I thought it was one of my cleansers (sumadan wash or cerave foaming cleanser). Then I thought it was the weather or my new exercise regiment. I just wasn't sure.

Most of the reviews of the mirvaso seem to mention some rebound redness. I always had some level of redness that would show up again later on, but this is more of the subtype 2 rosacea, that I didn't have as much as before. And it's only gotten worse over the days. It's more of a full face break out. Not sure what to do. Might stop using Mirvaso, but I really want to stop using everything except maybe the Sumadan Wash, because I really don't know what's causing all this. And my face wasn't this bad before I started using all these products.

What's the best way to restore to "normal" if I want to stop using Mirvaso for a bit/forever? Will moisturizers and cleansers still be a good idea?
                        Last edited by td89; 4 November 2014, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by td89 View Post
                          Just wanted to add some thoughts here.

I was only diagnosed with rosacea a few months ago (August), which is when I started using mirvaso. It worked like a miracle for awhile, lasting around 8 hours a day. Today though it seemed to only last 4.

It's only as of this week that I've had a pretty bad reaction to something. First I thought it was the cerave moisturizing lotion (as I hadn't used it daily for awhile). Then I thought it was one of my cleansers (sumadan wash or cerave foaming cleanser). Then I thought it was the weather or my new exercise regiment. I just wasn't sure.

Most of the reviews of the mirvaso seem to mention some rebound redness. I always had some level of redness that would show up again later on, but this is more of the subtype 2 rosacea, that I didn't have as much as before. And it's only gotten worse over the days. It's more of a full face break out. Not sure what to do. Might stop using Mirvaso, but I really want to stop using everything except maybe the Sumadan Wash, because I really don't know what's causing all this. And my face wasn't this bad before I started using all these products.

What's the best way to restore to "normal" if I want to stop using Mirvaso for a bit/forever? Will moisturizers and cleansers still be a good idea?
                          There are different approaches to this as we are all so individual. My experience seems to bear out the theory that the skin barrier, when left to its own devices, will repair itself. I was having a rashlike reaction to my moisturizer and decided to try going cold turkey on all products. It was tough at first. My skin felt dry and tight. But after a while it healed itself, found its own balance, I guess. I have come to understand that rosacea can best be controlled by attention to diet. In my case the paleo diet is working really well. I am also histamine intolerant among other things and need to controll demodex daily with tea tree oil. Topical medications alone do not get to the root of the problem, and can sometimes do more harm than good, in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shikasta View Post
                            There are different approaches to this as we are all so individual. My experience seems to bear out the theory that the skin barrier, when left to its own devices, will repair itself. I was having a rashlike reaction to my moisturizer and decided to try going cold turkey on all products. It was tough at first. My skin felt dry and tight. But after a while it healed itself, found its own balance, I guess. I have come to understand that rosacea can best be controlled by attention to diet. In my case the paleo diet is working really well. I am also histamine intolerant among other things and need to controll demodex daily with tea tree oil. Topical medications alone do not get to the root of the problem, and can sometimes do more harm than good, in my opinion.
                            I haven't seen anyone else say they used Mirvaso as long as I did with success. I just looked at my calendar and my date for prescription of Mirvaso was July 22nd. So 3 months of usage, never any serious issues, other than it wore off eventually during the day.

But now I am getting more of the papulopustular style redness I didn't have. Also my face is itching more.

Does anyone have any tips for weening off mirvaso to speed up that process/make it more pleasant?
                            Last edited by td89; 4 November 2014, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by td89 View Post
                              I haven't seen anyone else say they used Mirvaso as long as I did with success. I just looked at my calendar and my date for prescription of Mirvaso was July 22nd. So 3 months of usage, never any serious issues, other than it wore off eventually during the day.

But now I am getting more of the papulopustular style redness I didn't have. Also my face is itching more.

Does anyone have any tips for weening off mirvaso to speed up that process/make it more pleasant?
                              Hi td89. I never tried mirvaso. But I have subtype 1 that started as subtype 2 and rosacea.
                              I've read this thread and so many stories of this failed, miserable product. I hope someone who
                              Has tried mirvaso and gone through the rebound will respond. In any case, my advice is similar
                              To Shikasta: stop all products. Unfortunately, when you use several products it is impossible
                              To detect which one(s) are causing the problem. However, with so much evidence regarding the
                              Rebound and worsening of symptoms, I suspect the mirvaso is your culprit. I've not heard
                              Of anyone weening off mirvaso. Only stopping usage. Speeding up the process and make
                              It more pleasant, as you say, is not a reality. To truly help your skin, stop all products. Wash
                              With distilled water for several weeks. Unfortunately, your skin may rebound quite severely
                              And periodic ice packs will help. Use the search box above too and punch in ice packs. There is
                              An art to using them so your skin will not respond negatively. If the P&Ps are out of control
                              You may consider low dose doxycycline/oracea antibiotic to help you get through it. It may
                              Take weeks to months for your skin to heal. I control my rosacea mainly through diet: Paleo
                              And bone broth. My experience with changing of diet last 18 months has improved my
                              Skin a lot. Good luck. Birdie

Comment

• When I say weening off... I just meant a good way to deal with getting off of it.

I want to put a big FYI out there for everyone - this thread seems to be very scare-tactics-ish. While everyone's experience is different, after 3-5 days of not applying Mirvaso, and only applying Sumadan wash (generic) and a Moisturize (Cerave AM or PM), my face was looking pretty great.

So, no, not everyone's face will take months to recover.

I posted this in my personal thread earlier, but here's my update in detail on switching off Mirvaso:

I went to the derm last week. She prescribed me finacea. My flair up (that I am blaming on Mirvaso at this point) went away in about 3 days after I stopped using Mirvaso.

I realized that despite how well Mirvaso worked... the rebound redness at the end of the day was definitely there, I just ignored it because in the morning I applied the Mirvaso again and my face was clear - again!

Once Mirvaso's rebound redness turned into a Rebound redness/break out... I realized it and it was bad enough that Mirvaso wasn't fixing it.

3 months on Mirvaso. I could see this drug working at some point. But it needs some work.

The Finacea - I apply it twice daily. It has kept my face pretty clear and therefore I am impressed with it. It does make me feel a little itchy and prickly a few minutes after I apply it, but I'm hoping that will go away in a few weeks. For now, I just resist touching or itching my face

After Finacea, I apply a moisturizer (cerave AM or PM). But I haven't noticed it drying me out or anything.

I still use the Sumadan Wash (generic) once a day in the morning. On occasion, I use the CeraVe foaming facial cleanser at night, but only on a "as needed" basis (after working out, etc.)

In short, Mirvaso didn't work for me after 3 months. Too bad of a rebound. But my face fixed itself in 3-5 days after not appling mirvaso, lots of water, very little trigger food, and just Sumadan wash and AM and PM moisturizer. Finacea is my new Rx topical. Working well.

Comment

Working...
                                X