Global AD

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi, I am from the UK and am subtype 1 too! Firstly sorry to hear you experienced rebound flushing, hope you recover fully from this! Did Mirvaso help with reducing the flushes during any of the usual triggers, such as intense exercise etc? I am planning on applying Mirvaso initially to my arm initially to test if I am allergic to Brimonidine (found in Mirvaso). Then I plan on applying a very small amount of Mirvaso to a very small part of my face (approx 1cmx1cm) to see if I get the rebound. Then if I feel brave enough I might try applying mirvaso diluted with sunscreen to a bigger area of one of my cheeks.



    Originally posted by Shawillmin View Post
    Hi this is my first post on here, but I've been reading this forum for years. My rosacea is mainly sub type one I suffer from really bad blushing and flushing the usual triggers, being out in the sun too long,indoor central heating,food, alcohol,exercise the list goes on.
    I have sufferd from rosacea for about 20 years my gp back then said there was nothing that could be done for the redness so I left it at that,but after researching this forum about 10 years ago came across Ipl laser
    I had numerous laser treatments with first the private clinc in Harley street then with dr Patterson and finally with dr crouch, the laser did a good job at reducing the redness for a few years but eventually it starts to creep back.
    Fast forward to last year I went to my new doctor but I found her to be a bit clueless on rosacea to be honest all she did was to prescribe antibiotics which did nothing to reduce the redness and burning.
    When Mirvaso became available in the uk I decided to give it a go knowing it would be a bit hit and miss because off the dreaded rebound,
    I tried it for two days at first it was fantastic but on the third day I had a really flushed face very painfull
    It was like really bad sunburn that took about a week to subside so I think I'm one of those many rosacea sufferer's it not suitable for.
    I got the Mirvaso privately for £55 from pharmacy2uk in Leeds uk all I did was fill in a qustionaire about your medical history
    and few days later the doctor confirms your prescription.
    Last edited by roasceaclearwannabe; 10 April 2014, 03:59 PM.

    Comment


    • I've gathered currently 183 negative Mirvaso reviews and 48 positive ones:

      My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nat007 View Post
        I've gathered currently 183 negative Mirvaso reviews and 48 positive ones:

        http://scarletnat.blogspot.nl/2013/1...responses.html
        I just went to the above link and it didn't go to the Mirvaso reports. I did a search and finally find the correct url:



        Why are the reports dates out of order? I suppose it it because of the order in which you find the report, correct?

        That is why I went to a spreadsheet so that I can insert the report in chronological order by date.

        I appreciate all your work on this but it is too difficult for me to go through and find the 30+ negative reports that I missed. Maybe if I get the time I will try. But the task seems overwhelming. The point is that there are way more negative reports than positive ones. Your list proves this point.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
          I just went to the above link and it didn't go to the Mirvaso reports. I did a search and finally find the correct url:



          Why are the reports dates out of order? I suppose it it because of the order in which you find the report, correct?

          That is why I went to a spreadsheet so that I can insert the report in chronological order by date.

          I appreciate all your work on this but it is too difficult for me to go through and find the 30+ negative reports that I missed. Maybe if I get the time I will try. But the task seems overwhelming. The point is that there are way more negative reports than positive ones. Your list proves this point.



          Thanks for noticing that. Yeh because I check for new updates every week or so, when I have some spare time for it, and I track around 15 websites and search for new ones, sometimes the dates aren't punctually chronologically, I guess I could re-order them but it doesn't bother me too much. Thanks for the tip though. To me personally a blog reads easier than a spreadsheet, but luckily both lists are out there.
          Ok sure, it was just a suggestion. I do the same with your thread and it doesn't take much time, especially when you recognize the author names, and the ones you never encountered before yourself. It will just safe you a lot of time in the end, contrary to what it seems. I link on the blog to your list on several occassions anyway, so I'm positive readers who are looking for user information regarding Mirvaso will find both lists easily. I'm sure that's the mutual goal; to let people make informed decisions before they start a potentially harmful (or potentially helpful for 1 out of every 5 it seems by now) treatment like Mirvaso. Thanks Brady
          My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

          Comment


          • Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
            There is a difference between a product being available and it being available on the NHS. The source you quote requires a prescription before they will supply and in the circumstances, it will be a private prescription, not NHS.
            Hi, it is defintly availble in the uk, I have taken my prescription to the pharmacy and they said they had not heard of it but they phoned the wholesalers who said they had it in stock, and is being delivered today.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by red11 View Post
              Hi, it is defintly availble in the uk, I have taken my prescription to the pharmacy and they said they had not heard of it but they phoned the wholesalers who said they had it in stock, and is being delivered today.
              I know it is available in the UK. This point was made in my post you quoted.

              My post also pointed out that it is not yet available on NHS prescription. According to NICE (National Association For Clinical Excellence) approval for NHS prescribing is expected in July 2014.

              If you are getting Mirvaso on NHS scripts at this date then your doctor/pharmacist is in breach of NHS guidelines.
              Last edited by johnabetts; 12 April 2014, 05:42 PM.

              Comment


              • Here is the link to the NICE website confirming the expected date of approval for NHS use as July 2014: http://www.nice.org.uk/mpc/evidences...cines/home.jsp

                Comment


                • Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
                  I know it is available in the UK. This point was made in my post you quoted.

                  My post also pointed out that it is not yet available on NHS prescription. According to NICE (National Association For Clinical Excellence) approval for NHS prescribing is expected in July 2014.

                  If you are getting Mirvaso on NHS scripts at this date then your doctor/pharmacist is in breach of NHS guidelines.
                  Maybe it isn't in your part of the country! but in the north it is 100% available on prescription I got it from sainsburys pharmacy on prescription, haven't tried it yet, will give it a go this week, I asked them if it was ok to supply by prescription and they said yes it is fine as there wholesales suppliers only supply prescription products not private and they would not have had it in stock if it wasn't available on prescription, Galderma also emailed me over a week ago to let me know I could now get mirvaso on prescription as I emailed them a while ago to ask them to keep me updated on when I could get it, if you email them they will tell you this is correct.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by red11 View Post
                    Maybe it isn't in your part of the country! but in the north it is 100% available on prescription I got it from sainsburys pharmacy on prescription, haven't tried it yet, will give it a go this week, I asked them if it was ok to supply by prescription and they said yes it is fine as there wholesales suppliers only supply prescription products not private and they would not have had it in stock if it wasn't available on prescription, Galderma also emailed me over a week ago to let me know I could now get mirvaso on prescription as I emailed them a while ago to ask them to keep me updated on when I could get it, if you email them they will tell you this is correct.
                    Whereabouts are you Red11, I'm North West England? I hope Mirvaso works well for you, do you have a strategy to how you are going to use Mirvaso - are you going to try a test patch or just apply it all over? Let us know how you get on! I am hoping to get Mrivaso this week coming, might have to be a private script but I'm willing to pay for the first tube considering how long I have waited for Mirvaso to be launched!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by roasceaclearwannabe View Post
                      Whereabouts are you Red11, I'm North West England? I hope Mirvaso works well for you, do you have a strategy to how you are going to use Mirvaso - are you going to try a test patch or just apply it all over? Let us know how you get on! I am hoping to get Mrivaso this week coming, might have to be a private script but I'm willing to pay for the first tube considering how long I have waited for Mirvaso to be launched!
                      I'm in the north west as well!! I'm going to try a test patch first before I try on my whole face, I'm a bit worried about trying it to be honest with all the bad reviews I've heard infact I don't think I've heard a good report yet, I will probably try it through the week sometime when I'm not working, I will let you know how I get on.

                      Comment


                      • In this article Mirvaso is promoted today for the UK market. There are some interesting readers comments below the article

                        The skin gel, Mirvaso, is the first prescription drug available on the NHS to dramatically cut facial flushing within half an hour.
                        My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                          In this article Mirvaso is promoted today for the UK market. There are some interesting readers comments below the article

                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...l-redness.html
                          You reckon the comments are done by Galderma ?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Andy33 View Post
                            You reckon the comments are done by Galderma ?
                            I think Nat is looking at the COMMENTS at the end. They are hardly all from Galderma.
                            Examples:
                            radar, london, 22 minutes ago
                            I cleanse my face with organic apple cider vinegar in the night making my skin even redder but the following day all the redness is gone. I try to avoid touching my face at all cost and when I can feel the itchiness of a papule forming I wash my face with a wash containing selenium sulfide 2.5 % for a few days. It's very drying so I don't abuse it but now my skin is normal looking. I wouldn't say its completely cured but a massive visible improvement and the the rosacea is very much under control and no longer taking over my face. It beats antibiotics that destroy your inner flora giving space for more problems.


                            Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz2z8dyGnRw
                            Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                              In this article Mirvaso is promoted today for the UK market. There are some interesting readers comments below the article

                              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...l-redness.html
                              some of the comments really tug at the heart strings.
                              I live in the UK, and i will not be trying this product, i have had experiences with the eye drops, so its a big NO NO for me

                              Comment


                              • A few ignorant comments as well such as "Embarrassing maybe but life threatening No. So why is it being offered through the nhs when cancer drugs are being with held. Prorities first not vanity first and life second"




                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X