X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nat007 View Post
    New interesting posts on the Reps' forum regarding Mirvaso

Yesterday, 09:37 PM Anonymous Posts: n/a Default Re: Mirvaso
    Screw off ass hole. 1/3 of the people that promote that product are spending Xmas without a job. You wanna talk about anxiety? Try telling your kids that Santa is on strike this year and they are getting Cetaphil Soap in their stocking. Go try Mirvaso on your ego and see if that goes away too

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM Anonymous Posts: n/a Banghead Re: Mirvaso
    That's assuming you can even get the cetaphil from your locker !!! Some kids will be getting mirvaso rebate cards to build whatever with while mum and dad sit around a fire built from real commitment booklets and epi - ( don't do **** for acne ) fax back tear sheets .
    But c'mon folks we are still the leader in dermatology and DFW leadership will singing " dirty deeds done dirt cheap " or " so you had a bad day " at the national meeting this year
    Those last two are priceless. I also liked the one that referred to one of the dermatologists as "my biggest writer." As in, "My biggest writer said she had to stop writing mirvaso because of the rebound. I'm so tired of hearing this."

I actually feel bad for the sales reps; they sound miserable.

Comment

Thanks for finding that out Birdie. What a shame that she isn't interested in invastigating Mirvaso further, nor the side effects that come after some time I assume?
      Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
      You could ask that "Ginger" get in touch with you so that this can be verified.
      Nat, she indicated that she stated in her report already that there are side effects and the drug
      Is not for everyone. End of story for her.

johnabetts- good idea but I think she may blow me off
      As this is someone " she knows personally." I plan to follow
      Up with her in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdriH View Post
        I follow one of the Rosacea Facebook support groups in spanish, and one of the users commented he went to the dermatologist and he prescribed him BRIMONIDINA 0.5%, he did google it for some information before buying it and found this link (in spanish, sorry), he didn't get the link to this rosace group unfortunately, otherwise they could read all the negative comments about Mirvaso in this forum, so apparently the active ingredient is already been prescribed to treat rosacea in Spain.

In this link, Galderma isn't exactly mentioning the name "Mirvaso" in the coference in Vienna but only the active ingredient.
        Hola AdriH. I read Spanish very well. I'm sure if I were Spanish, that report would encourage me
        To use mirvaso as well. I hope you will encourage your friends to read more reports from this
        Forum. At least they will get informed of the possible negative reactions ( severe) so they can make
        A more informed choice to use it or not. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Nadine View Post
          Those last two are priceless. I also liked the one that referred to one of the dermatologists as "my biggest writer." As in, "My biggest writer said she had to stop writing mirvaso because of the rebound. I'm so tired of hearing this."

I actually feel bad for the sales reps; they sound miserable.

LOL yeah the last 2 made me laugh too. I mean, I feel sorry for the guys that are jobless because of this failing product, but there was some venomous humor in the replies for sure. Reminded me of the way Monthy Python's Yorkshiremen used to tumble over each other with superlatives back in the old days, arguing who was worst of (off topic but a good watch if you don't know that sketch yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo)
          My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
            Ok. I have emailed the reporter and also given my phone number. Thanks for this info Brady. You do
            DO a lot of leg work for this community and I appreciate it~ even though in this instance it just
            Does not seem logical to conclude it as success. I believe all of us can and should do our part to help
            Rosacea sufferers attain accurate information so that if they choose the risk of mirvaso, they are aware
            Of all potential side effects-- perhaps permanent ones. Doing our part in trying to get the
            Info out there means action outside of this forum. So thanks again Brady. This new story has inspired me to contact this one news agency and go from there... So far these little "films" contribute and pander
            Only to the culture that pervades our entire world: I'm only worthy if I look good. Now with mirvaso
            I am looking great. ( and too bad I don't know what's gonna happen.)
            I call the shots on my post on what I consider a 'success' story, or 'what I have written, I have written.' I have clearly pointed out that 'rebound' has been reported in numerous anecdotal reports and that a 'positive' report may be moved later to the 'negative' ones upon evidence. This also goes for negative reports may go into positive reports upon evidence. When you deal with anecdotal reports, especially the negative ones, you are dealing with unconfirmed experiences. How do we know if the report is legitimate? Could someone be falsifying a report? Who are these people who report who hide themselves behind pseudo display names? These negative anecdotal reports are just as suspicious or suspect as the positive ones, if not more so. The one report I am getting flak for putting in the positive list has a real name for the experience and a real physician whom you can call on the phone. As you point out above, anyone can email the reporter and send her information or ask her questions and you are dealing with a real person. Who is Starlite? Who is wiry? They hide behind their display names as the negative posters do. I am up front and personal and let everyone know who I am. I appreciate your kind words for the tons of work done for rosacea sufferers as a volunteer, even spending my own money to keep the RRDi going. I appreciate it when someone like you actually does something outside this forum by contacting the news reporter and doing something about it rather than simply criticize. Who knows, maybe the reporter will actually investigate and follow up on Ginger and see if she is reporting rebound?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
              I call the shots on my post on what I consider a 'success' story, or 'what I have written, I have written.' I have clearly pointed out that 'rebound' has been reported in numerous anecdotal reports and that a 'positive' report may be moved later to the 'negative' ones upon evidence. This also goes for negative reports may go into positive reports upon evidence. When you deal with anecdotal reports, especially the negative ones, you are dealing with unconfirmed experiences. How do we know if the report is legitimate? Could someone be falsifying a report? Who are these people who report who hide themselves behind pseudo display names? These negative anecdotal reports are just as suspicious or suspect as the positive ones, if not more so. The one report I am getting flak for putting in the positive list has a real name for the experience and a real physician whom you can call on the phone. As you point out above, anyone can email the reporter and send her information or ask her questions and you are dealing with a real person. Who is Starlite? Who is wiry? They hide behind their display names as the negative posters do. I am up front and personal and let everyone know who I am. I appreciate your kind words for the tons of work done for rosacea sufferers as a volunteer, even spending my own money to keep the RRDi going. I appreciate it when someone like you actually does something outside this forum by contacting the news reporter and doing something about it rather than simply criticize. Who knows, maybe the reporter will actually investigate and follow up on Ginger and see if she is reporting rebound?
              Hey Brady. I agree you are the one organizing the reports so where you ultimately post positive
              Or negative outcome/ flexible if outcome changes is up to you. I just disagreed. It seems
              For me at least, posters words are more believable than these youtubes etc.... And I think that is why
              They get such a strong reaction from people. It should be the opposite---the video should make
              The product look trustworthy and reliable. But the rosaceans in the films, do not " mirror" what I think
              Many of us see in our own mirrors. So it is very difficult not to be a bit cynical and distrustful.

As for posters and who they really are~that's a gamble in every Internet conversation. There are
              Voices on this forum that could be " posers " as you suggest. Some people may constantly be
              Negative. Some people are continually positive. Hopefully through it all, Truth will prevail
              And especially here, information will be exchanged through science, through personal experience,
              Through the heart.

Perhaps we could all get along with a forum Skype ????!!!!!

Comment

• I think that people who have been posting here for a longer time (not just opened an account to discuss Mirvaso here) have some credibility because of that. People usually don't invent or make up their rosacea cases and the several threads they tends to have posted in. Several of the long time posters here, (Mistica, Wrincleclue, Starlite and others) have emailed me with their normal names and often also normal email addresses, several are on my facebook and they all turned out who they said they were, including rosacea. But its true, it is uncertain with anonymous names on other forums who they are and how credible their accounts are. But I think there are more arguments and side motives to think of for Mirvaso praisers than Mirvaso 'bashers'. I simply don't see what motive people can have to make up bad Mirvaso experiences at this stage, when the med is just out and most rosaceans have been looking forward to its release...
                My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                  I call the shots on my post on what I consider a 'success' story, or 'what I have written, I have written.'
                  So basically, you are going to do what you want. It is your list. OK, that is fine. But then you make the list prominent by linking to it dozens of times...essentially making it very accessible for members and non members. And btw, you are using this forum as a medium to do so. And you expect people to not say anything when we clearly see problems with your reporting method? No one has personally attacked you. That is not what this is about. I simply (and logically) pointed out the flaws in your approach. It gives the forum members another perspective that they have a right to.

Who are these people who report who hide themselves behind pseudo display names?....Who is Starlite? Who is wiry? They hide behind their display names as the negative posters do.
                  Brady, you do realize that probably about 99+% of users choose to use display names (for very good reasons). No one is "hiding". You realize that many forums are like this? That is a strange thing for you to say.

Your comments like "make your own list", "you are hiding behind a user name", "I will just stop making a list", etc. These all seem like inappropriate responses to legitimate/logical questions that have been raised.

Comment

I think that people who have been posting here for a longer time (not just opened an account to discuss Mirvaso here) have some credibility because of that. People usually don't invent or make up their rosacea cases and the several threads they tends to have posted in. Several of the long time posters here, (Mistica, Wrincleclue, Starlite and others) have emailed me with their normal names and often also normal email addresses, several are on my facebook and they all turned out who they said they were, including rosacea. But its true, it is uncertain with anonymous names on other forums who they are and how credible their accounts are. But I think there are more arguments and side motives to think of for Mirvaso praisers than Mirvaso 'bashers'. I simply don't see what motive people can have to make up bad Mirvaso experiences at this stage, when the med is just out and most rosaceans have been looking forward to its release...
                    I agree here. The longtime posters mentioned above have/are contributing valuable, trustworthy
                    Information. Starlite, who is constantly assisting other posters, is an asset to this forum-- even
                    If you disagree. Not FairPlay to discredit wiry and Starlight.

Comment

• Thank you Nat for your collection of reports from the rep forum. More heart breaking stories. Thank you also for your supportive comments on my behalf. It's greatly appreciated.

Thank you Birdie for following up with the reporter and "Ginger." It's unfortunate she didn't seem willing to look any further into this. If you want to bother with it, a follow up call after the holidays might be met with a more willingness to exchange information. Thank you also for your supportive and wise words.

Thank you also wriy, for your support and insightful contributions.

Brady, I attempted to address this with you in private but you keep bringing this up on the forum. Using the word "Anonymous" is an inaccurate characterization of the situation. A person generally wants "anonymity" so they can behave in a way that other wise would have social consequences if their identity were known. We all are endowed with our sovereign right to privacy and the ability to select who we share our private information with. On an interpersonal level, private information is shared over time as trust is developed. On a business/professional level, private information is shared when we enter into a contract with someone in a way that the person sharing will gain some benefit from having done so. Even then, we are obligated to do due diligence and protect our own best interests before entering into that contract. Because you are asking for volunteers, the person who comes to the request has the right to decline if they are not willing to share information that is generally only shared under benefit of contract or because they have developed a mutual interpersonal trust. I did not approach you and ask if I could have access to private information or propitiatory documents as a volunteer. Therefore I feel no inclination to divulge the excessive amount of personal data that you require from someone to join your much self promoted site. You have directly asked me personally a couple of times here on this forum and other times mentioned general laments about the lack of volunteers at RRDi and how people are hiding under "Anonymous" names. I am glad I made the decision to not join. Over time I have not developed a trust with how you handle information.

The practice of using "user names" is embedded in every other forum that I have ever run across, because there is a plethora of internet predators who would misuse any private info they could get a hold of. It's not even smart to post your e-mail address on the form in the public areas because scum bags have "spider" programs crawling the web to gather e-mail address to sell and fill with spam. Facebook is facing some law suite because they suddenly changed their settings and made private info, public, putting people at risk.

People begin making personal attacks when they lose site of the real issue at hand. It is not a personal issue, except to the people who have been harmed by using this medication. To them it is a highly personal issue. Could we keep them in mind in all discussions?

Comment

• I love Monty Python.

Comment

• This continues to be an interesting thread. flushedbean, I think your assessment of what happened with Mirvaso is spot on.
                          I personally want to thank the members here who shared their experiences, you've saved some of us from making things worse. I'm also hopeful that there continue to be success stories, as Mirvaso affects everyone differently I'm sure. But I wouldn't try Mirvaso now if you paid me, not even a test spot, there's no way I would take that gamble. And yes, I trust reports from anonymous posters on this board whose identity I can't prove. It's only logical that people are having this reaction, based on the mechanism by which it works. I think we'll be hearing more about the effects of Mirvaso, it would be great if another study could be done.

Comment

• All I am doing is trying to make sense of these reports. I have put them in the best order I know how. I am sorry that I can't please everyone with who should be in the positive list and who is on the negative list.

As to using display names for privacy, that is everyone's right. I was simply trying to point out that someone who is willing to show their face with rosacea and her (Ginger) Mirvaso treatment and reveal her actual identity and have the actual doctor who treats them reveal her identity seems more legitimate as a report than any anecdotal report hidden by a private display name which cannot be verified. Putting Ginger in the negative category is inappropriate. It is only logical to put her in the positive category. And the report is not ambiguous, it is very clear that Ginger is positive about Mirvaso.

As I have previously pointed out, I can only find 8 positive reports for Mirvaso. Just think about this for a moment. This drug is touted as the new wonder drug for rosacea, and I can only find 8 positive reports.

Can I find negative reports. Yes, I found 37.

What would anyone conclude with this information?

As carmk700 says, "I wouldn't try Mirvaso now if you paid me," which I agree with wholeheartedly.

Comment

• Ok Starlite, I am convinced. Here is a second report similar to the Lake Charles report, coming out of Pittsburgh:

But apparently the news feed explains to each station to find a doctor willing to go on record with one of their willing patients to be also interviewed and go on camera saying that Mirvaso is great. Wouldn't it be great if we could actually get the news feed that a TV station receives with instructions explaining how to make the 'news item' for rosacea. This advertising system is very slick and makes it appear to be a legitimate news. The reporter is a doctor, Maria Simbra, MD. The patient is named, Rosemary Stockinger. The doctor who is treating Rosemary is Doris Day, MD, who has been interviewed on national television many times, speaking about rosacea.

Without a doubt, there will be more reports like this from TV stations, who have to do a little leg work to find a willing doctor to interview and who has a patient willing to be shown on TV who touts that Mirvaso works for them, and voila, a 'news blurb' for Mirvaso.

What needs to be done with each of these patients is follow through. We need to interview Ginger in Lake Charles and Rosemary in Pittsburgh about six months from now and see if each one is then singing the Mirvaso blues.
                              Last edited by Brady Barrows; 7 December 2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• My current count is:

8 Positive Mirvaso reports
                                39 Negative Mirvaso reports
                                1 Ambiguous report (come on jaygee, why don't you give us an update on your Mirvaso experience?)
                                2 News Blurbs touting Mirvaso works (I moved Ginger's report to be with Rosemary's report under a new heading).

Comment

Working...
                                X