No announcement yet.

Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you peterd for sharing your very bad experience with Mirvaso here. I would not over stimulate the skin at this moment and cool it with a fan or cold pack, stay cool and calm if possible, not eat trigger foods and let the blood vessels calm back to their natural state again This nasty brimonidine will get out of your system and skin again with some time.
    Please keep us updated.

I feel for all the rosacea patients out there who are still heading towards this horrible experience at the moment. Thousands of dermatologists across Europe and thr world who will be prescribing and suggesting Mirvaso to their patients in the time to come. The horror.
    My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Found a positive report, Ginger:

If you struggle to conceal facial redness because of rosacea, there is good news. ?KPLC's Britney Glaser reports the FDA recently approved a new topical gel that gets to the root of the redness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
        So what I just watched was yet another interview with someone who looks to have absolutely flawless skin and absolutely 0 redness at all. I'm pretty frustrated by all of the negative I'm hearing about Mirvaso, I've been on this board a LONG time and was eagerly anticipating COL-whateveritwas/Sansrosa/Mirvaso when it was supposedly going to arrive in 2010. Been 8 years since I was told I have Rosacea/Seb Derm and it was a long wait to 2010 with no news. Eventually I just gave up on it and trying to learn things on this board altogether. But once in a blue moon I'd get on here and check things out, and I discovered that the wonder drug was now available. I was ecstatic to read it, but my enthusiasm turned negative pretty quickly.

I don't even know what to think anymore. Should I make an appointment and try to get some, despite the negative reviews, or run like Hell? So frustrated by all of this....

Comment

• SimplyRed,

Personally, I do not think it is worth the risk. But if you do try it, just do a small test area. Give it sufficient time (days/weeks) to see how you respond with continued and discontinued use. I think there is a tendency to try larger areas since the first few days/weeks may be very positive. Resist that temptation. If you do give it a shot, hopefully you can report back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply Red View Post
            So what I just watched was yet another interview with someone who looks to have absolutely flawless skin and absolutely 0 redness at all. I'm pretty frustrated by all of the negative I'm hearing about Mirvaso, I've been on this board a LONG time and was eagerly anticipating COL-whateveritwas/Sansrosa/Mirvaso when it was supposedly going to arrive in 2010. Been 8 years since I was told I have Rosacea/Seb Derm and it was a long wait to 2010 with no news. Eventually I just gave up on it and trying to learn things on this board altogether. But once in a blue moon I'd get on here and check things out, and I discovered that the wonder drug was now available. I was ecstatic to read it, but my enthusiasm turned negative pretty quickly.

I don't even know what to think anymore. Should I make an appointment and try to get some, despite the negative reviews, or run like Hell? So frustrated by all of this....
            Hey Simply Red. Understand your frustration very well.... But since you did ask... No, I would not
            Consider using mirvaso to be wise. The above video posted by Brady appears to be " successful."
            Frankly, I do not even see rosacea on her face. But I do think the longer she uses it, her rosacea
            Will be very up close and personal. I'm assuming you have read this thread and conclude that the risk
            Is worth it it. Is the risk really worth it???? IMO, never.

Comment

• Gosh, Im just reading a lovely post on an Acne forum by our highly valued member Green Gables:

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:01 PM
              wicky, on 15 Nov 2013 - 15:37, said:

Are you still using mirvaso? I hear the rebound is bad. In fact just as bad as with a steroid

Yes, and I don't get rebounds. I did get rebounds on hydrocortisone, so I know what it looks like. But no, nothing like that on Mirvaso.
              A LOT of people on the rosacea forums only have mild rosacea, and some of them don't even have rosacea, just translucent skin. I see pics of them, and if I had skin like that, I wouldn't even be worried about it. My "baseline" redness, or how red my skin is 24/7, is as bad as what these mild people call "flares."
              If you only have a bit of red tinge, Mirvaso will probably not work for you. But if you have a beet face like me, Mirvaso works beautifully.

So now he is not only promoting Mirvaso to acne patients, but also tells them a lot of people here only have mild rosacea or no rosacea at all? Where are your pictures then Green Gables? Pfff
              My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

That's a commercial for goodness sakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlite View Post
                  Yeah, my thoughts exactly. A quick google search pulls up a bunch of these commercials masquerading as "health news." I even saw one where the reporter claims to be a sufferer ("but I use a tinted make-up to cover the redness on the air").

Comment

• Originally posted by Nadine View Post
                    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. A quick google search pulls up a bunch of these commercials masquerading as "health news." I even saw one where the reporter claims to be a sufferer ("but I use a tinted make-up to cover the redness on the air").
                    I wouldn't count that one as a "success" story.

Comment

Breaking news: Mirvaso works on people who didn't have rosacea in the first place.

Here is another successful user. Look how pale her skin is.

Last edited by Vovin; 5 December 2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vovin View Post
                        Breaking news: Mirvaso works on people who didn't have rosacea in the first place.

Ok that's a hoot!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vovin View Post

Very clever how she kept her hair EXACTLY in the same position before and after.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
                            Very clever how she kept her hair EXACTLY in the same position before and after.
                            That is the humor in the joke there John.. it's satire.

Comment

I agree. And satire worthy of a spot on the Super Bowl. Millions of " mild" rosaceans can laugh
                              Their only kinda sun kissed red faces off.

Lake Charles, Louisiana is not far from me where this misleading piece was broadcast. I'm going to
                              Do my best to contact the reporter and set this straight. I will let y'all know how it goes.
                              And Brady, honestly, that report needs to be filed under " I'm so beautiful and now after lifting
                              Heavy boxes I'm even more lovely."

Comment

Starlite,

On what basis do you conclude that a news report from a Louisiana TV station is a commercial?

We certainly don't know what will happen to Ginger in the long term, but for now, Ginger is a positive report with a video to back it up. How many of the anecdotal reports include a video?

Comment

Working...
                                X