Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow this thread has got out of hand!

I usually don't like to get involved in conflicts, but I feel the need to say a few things.

Firstly, thank you to all those who offer compassion and support to my on going battle.
    I have often taken risks that others wouldn't, simply as my case has at times been SO debilitating, a risk seemed understandable. Taken with that tiny hope I would improve.
    A doctor once joked if I had been alive in the days of our loin clothed ancestors, I would be the one nibbling on berries from newly discovered bushes, while the rest of the tribe would stand back and watch to see if I keeled over or not. If I didn't, they would prepare for a feast. If I died, they would continue looking for the next bush.

Secondly, I'd like people to know, Brady has always been kind and compassionate to me, publicly and privately in emails.
    I can't comment on the history of the RF or RRDI or any other organisation, so I am not going to get into a debate about that.
    I can just comment on my personal experiences.

I don't feel he has been trying to downplay my negative reaction to Brimonidine, even though he pushed the possible allergy reaction initially.
    Apparently there is a report that shows (or was perhaps wrongly interpreted) as an allergic reaction.
    Brady loves facts and figures and often posts about them. And to be honest, my scientist friends/mentors can be like that.
    If you build a house, it will only weather the storm if the foundations are solid.

The possibility of allergy has been debated and thrown out, as far as I see it.

I am pretty sure some of the newbies are not who they say they are. Those plugging products don't go unnoticed.

But also, I am certain that some people who have not yet tried miravaso, but continue to defend it, are doing so out of blind hope. They desperately want it to work. They want to believe the drug company. After all, experts have our best interests at heart..... don't they? ( not always).
    Hope can get in the way of common sense and I am speaking from experience as well.
    The old timers will recall the days of the wonder solution, vitamin D3.
    I was convinced that it would be a significant part of the puzzle for me and couldn't focus on the evidence in the side lines, that it probably wasn't. And in fact could make things worse in the long run.
    I was so desperate for relief from my symptoms that I hung on to the only hope offered to me at the time.
    Not to say that vitamin D isn't important, as it is. However, I have modified my views about many things over the years.

Doctors are not scientists. If a rep tells them a drug can regrow a limb, some of them would believe it.

I noticed here that Dr Chu was supposedly on the miravaso trials and he has been reported as saying "Rebound? Side effects? First I have heard of that!".
    Is anyone going after dear Dr Chu?
    Not that I have met him, but those who consult him, find him a compassionate man with a drive to help patients.
    Was he really involved with the trials? I mean, first hand? Or was he just commenting on second hand information?

These are my thoughts, anyway.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

• I also agree that it got out of hand. Sorry for my part in that. Lets get back to the Mirvaso discussion

Comment

• Anyone who has been following Rosacea for a long time knows that Brady is on our side in the Rosacea fight.

You guys are getting a little too paranoid now.

Comment

• Thanks Mistica and Vovin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter_White View Post
            Hi guys, I have a problem, how to send a private message to other member?
            Walter, you simply click on the name and if the user has opted to receive private messages you can send one. Otherwise no deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter_White View Post
              Hi guys, I have a problem, how to send a private message to other member?
              You'll have to make a certain number of posts before you get private messaging privileges. I am not sure what that number is.

Originally posted by hozer2k View Post
              I also agree that it got out of hand. Sorry for my part in that. Lets get back to the Mirvaso discussion
              I also apologize for my part in this. There is in me a protective "Mama Bear" that becomes very fierce when I feel someone who is vulnerable is being treated unfairly. I do not believe Brady has anything but the best of intentions for the "rosacea community." His gathering, collecting, and sorting of critical data is top notch. Perhaps your inclination to bridge the gap between consumers of medical services and the providers of those services was so strong it came across as a conflict of interest. I see "them" as the Goliath that needs no help, but "they" are one individual at a time and that is how this thing will shift in the healthier direction, one individual at a time. I personally have finally found a Doctor I can trust and if their is one out there, there are going to be many who see how messed up the system is and begin to make the necessary changes.

Comment

• Thanks Starlite. I sure don't want to cross with a mother bear.

The current stats are

4 positive
                30 negative
                1 - you figure it out

if anyone knows of some other threads or posts of user experiences please post where

Comment

• Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                  Thanks Starlite. I sure don't want to cross with a mother bear.

Comment

• Here are 4 positive reviews.

Find 114 user ratings and reviews for Mirvaso Topical on WebMD including side effects and drug interactions, medication effectiveness, ease of use and satisfaction

Comment

• Yeh my apologies too for sounding harsh. Never meant to discredit Brady who indeed has been a long standing member who contributed a lot.
                      My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Mistica View Post
                        I noticed here that Dr Chu was supposedly on the miravaso trials and he has been reported as saying "Rebound? Side effects? First I have heard of that!".
                        Is anyone going after dear Dr Chu?
                        Not that I have met him, but those who consult him, find him a compassionate man with a drive to help patients.
                        Was he really involved with the trials? I mean, first hand? Or was he just commenting on second hand information?

These are my thoughts, anyway.
                        Hii Mistica,

It was another member who wrote that here, but I saw him last year November and have told him about the brimonidine trial and the bad rebound I got and also Wrincleclue and you. He indeed was surprised about it and said he was on some board for this drug and I don't know the details but I got the impression it was some soundboard thing, where doctors in the field can shoot questions and are updated perhaps, or maybe they had more influence but I doubt it. At the time he said he had brought the rebound issue up to them and that they were waving it away and that he wasn't sure at that point if that meant they had found a solution for it, in their base cream components somehow, or not. I don't know why someone else saw him later and wrote that he sounded so surprised and said it was the first time he heard it. Dr Chu is a great doctor I think and does his best within the limited treatment options for facial flushing to make a dent with medication or other treatments but its tough. Not even sure I should have written about this information in the first place, perhaps that wasn't very wise.

Comment

• There are some who are reporting Mirvaso works for them at RS:

Mirvaso is so new that only a few rosacea sufferers have been able to try it. What are your chances of having a bad reaction ? How are users in the real world faring, and will the general populatio…

However, it is difficult to know for sure, since (1) there are no dates to know when the post occurs, (2) most are only reporting initial results.

I do agree with nat007 that using these as positive reports would be premature.

Comment

• Interesting selection of reviews on Davids website. Glad to read there are people having success with Mirvaso. Perhaps the person who often advises there to take Benadryl with it is right? Bit crude for Alyfpet that after the ordeal she went through with Mirvaso, only her initial positive updates are selected there and not the nightmare posts she made later.

Comment

• Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                              Interesting selection of reviews on Davids website. Glad to read there are people having success with Mirvaso. Perhaps the person who often advises there to take Benadryl with it is right? Bit crude for Alyfpet that after the ordeal she went through with Mirvaso, only her initial positive updates are selected there and not the nightmare posts she made later.
                              Really? Well that has to be up-dated. Is that something she has to do her self? I can see why she might be distracted and missed attending to it.

Comment

• No, on Davids page he made a selection of reviews himself and posted them in his main post.

"Alfypet says:

I tried my Mirvaso today for the first time. I applied about 45 minutes ago. The good news is that I have not reacted badly thus far. I am so used to applying a topical and immediately getting red and flushy, so that is a big plus for me.
                                The area on which I applied the cream has definitely paled. Surprisingly, this does not necessarily make me look better.
                                and then;

The good news is that I have used it for three days now and have seen no ill effects. That is huge for me, as I usually react to everything! I can’t use Metrogel, Finacea, Promiseb, Xylogel, etc, without reacting with redness or flushing.
                                The Mirvaso definitely helps with diffuse redness, and I think a lot of people will have great results. Under my redness, I have visible vessels, which I was hoping would not be visible with Mirvaso. But for me, they are still visible, and no longer hidden by the redness of my overall rosacea. Honestly, had I never had laser treatment and Veinwave, which made these veins more visible, I think I’d have much better results.
                                I do feel, however, that applying Mirvaso takes down my rosacea, in general, a degree or two. My face feels calmer and less reactive so far. I am at work today, which will be a good test. I usually flush on a daily basis at work at around 6/7 pm. I’m not sure why, but it is probably anxiety trying to finish my deadlines and get out of the office. I’ll see if that happens today."
                                Mirvaso is so new that only a few rosacea sufferers have been able to try it. What are your chances of having a bad reaction ? How are users in the real world faring, and will the general populatio…

No more updates from Alfypet added by David.

Then below his post people can comment and she didn't btw. But well, I guess we know her outcome anyway. Curious if adding Benadryl lotion to Mirvaso is really helpful to combat rebound flushing, as some people commented below the post?

Comment

Working...
                                X