Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wiry View Post
    So far, I do not seem to have experienced rebounds when using a minimal amount. The cosmetic result is "pretty good" but not great with this amount. My plan is to just use a minimal amount every once in a while, but continue to try to treat the root cause of the disease. So I am looking at this drug as way to help cope with rosacea and not as "savior". In that manner, I think it is more likely I will have long term success. The other option is to put a lot on (the recommended does), possibly have severe rebounds, be "addicted" to it, and have the psychological problem of pale/red. No thanks. Sometimes, less is more.
    Damned if you do. Damned if you dont

Comment

• The more is less formula is sensible, and it would make a lot of sense indeed that if you put less of the mirvaso/brimonidine on, and get less vessel constriction, you would also get less rebound. I can weight down the brimonidine powder and not use 0,2 grams per 100 ml, but 0,1 grams or less. Will try it soon. Maybe people can dilute the drop of Mirvaso with their own (non medical) moisturizer to dilute it further if needed?
      My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nat007 View Post
        The more is less formula is sensible, and it would make a lot of sense indeed that if you put less of the mirvaso/brimonidine on, and get less vessel constriction, you would also get less rebound. I can weight down the brimonidine powder and not use 0,2 grams per 100 ml, but 0,1 grams or less. Will try it soon. Maybe people can dilute the drop of Mirvaso with their own (non medical) moisturizer to dilute it further if needed?
        Thanks nat007

I like your thinking a lot

Wouldnt it be great for us Flushers if we had the right small amount

to give us 3-4 hours of normality every now and again

with no rebounds.

Im starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel again

I cant wait to hear how you get on ..

Fingers crossed that you might just be onto something special
        Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 2 October 2013, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• re: insurance coverage

yes I got coverage. However, sometimes it takes a few months for insurance to catch up. They may deny it later as cosmetic. Paid $45 which is the normal co-pay for non generics

Comment

• It was brought up by some other users here on the forum actually, to cut down the dose, but I agree, that felt like some light at the end of the tunnel for me too, and worth trying out.
            My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

• Hey,
              I'm from Poland and as everyone can guess Mirvaso won't be here in next 10 years or so.
              Could anyone from the US help me to get Mirvaso? I can pay some extra just to get it..
              Looking for reply, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gifted92 View Post
                Hey,
                I'm from Poland and as everyone can guess Mirvaso won't be here in next 10 years or so.
                Could anyone from the US help me to get Mirvaso? I can pay some extra just to get it..
                Looking for reply, thanks.
                Poland is in EU, so if Germany have this product in the first quater of 2014, France, Italie, UK, Poland etc have this too I think. ^^

won't be here in next 10 years or so.
                How do you know that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nat007 View Post
                  It was brought up by some other users here on the forum actually, to cut down the dose, but I agree, that felt like some light at the end of the tunnel for me too, and worth trying out.
                  I know all that friend

1... You are a Flusher...

2... Mirvaso strengh is 0.3

Your experiment is using 0.1 strenght

So roughly its a 3rd of the recommended strenght by Galderma ( so called experts

Thats why I am all excited
                  Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 2 October 2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hihohi88 View Post
                    Poland is in EU, so if Germany have this product in the first quater of 2014, France, Italie, UK, Poland etc have this too I think. ^^

How do you know that ?
                    How can you compare Germany to Poland, its pretty ridiculous.
                    Poland sucks as a country, it so undeveloped x.x

Comment

• Patriot with you.
                      In the EU it is also in Poland. Do not be fooled.

nat, I waiting for the experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gifted92 View Post
                        How can you compare Germany to Poland, its pretty ridiculous.
                        Poland sucks as a country, it so undeveloped x.x
                        Missing knowledge..

(PL is not undeveloped )

European Medicines Agency map, Poland is in, so just do not be silly ! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by hihohi88 View Post
                          Missing knowledge..

(PL is not undeveloped )

European Medicines Agency map, Poland is in, so just do not be silly ! ;)
                          I won't argue with you, but I live here and I know how it looks like, anyway thanks for trying to cheer me up

Comment

• Hey everyone, I have been well and truly out of the loop and have seen all of the excitement about Mirvaso.

I have a question. Would Mirvaso help reduce the damage of IPL? I have read that it can reduce permanent redness, so i was hoping this might also apply to damage to the skin from IPL. On close inspection of my skin, i have a pink line up my cheek from IPL. Hoping this might do the trick.

thanks!

B4U

Comment

• Also, as I am in Australia, does anyone know when it arrives here?

And like others on here, if anyone can access it in the USA, I would really really appreciate it if you could access some for me. You can PM me and i will pay a premium for your time and effort.

You have no idea how desperate I am to try something different. It has been the year from hell for me

Thanks in advance!!!

B4U

Comment

• Interesting.
                                Alone, it can make such a cream / gel as Mirvaso?

Buy Brimonidine powder.
                                Dilute mineral water / distilled water? Make smaller proportions than has Mirvaso (to no effect flushs).
                                Add to this moisturizer. For example, Cetaphil, or maybe olive oil? (a few drops.)

And applied on the face.
                                So, have your own Mirvaso. Well for $ 5-10? No, for 50-250$ :O :P

Last edited by poppe; 3 October 2013, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X