No announcement yet.

Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And no more informations about Mirvaso in EU, need it..

Comment

• Originally posted by hihohi88 View Post
      And no more informations about Mirvaso in EU, need it..
      By the time it gets to Europe

We probably wont go near it

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirvaso2013 View Post
        By the time it gets to Europe

We probably wont go near it
        Why ?

I believe in the efficacy of this product!

Comment

• Tokyo Chemical has a webpage for nearly every country. Here's the price for Brimonidine in the USA: http://www.tcichemicals.com/eshop/en...mmodity/B4132/ If you live elsewhere, just go the main page for TCI worldwide and find your country.

TCI will not sell directly to you unless you are a corporation with a non-residential address and have a HazMat Certificate, even though Brominidine by itself is probably less toxic than caffeine.

You'll need to buy it from a local chem lab supply store and they will mark it up, so 1 gram of the raw product will cost about $600, but it will make 300 grams of lotion, which will last over a year if you are using it only on your face. All you need an accurate scale and the lotion of your choice. Brimonidine is water soluble, so you don't need to use any solvents to dissolve it.

You cannot sell, distribute or give away the compounded lotion, but Patent laws do not apply if you are making a final product for your own use only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Busby View Post
            Tokyo Chemical has a webpage for nearly every country. Here's the price for Brimonidine in the USA: http://www.tcichemicals.com/eshop/en...mmodity/B4132/ If you live elsewhere, just go the main page for TCI worldwide and find your country.

TCI will not sell directly to you unless you are a corporation with a non-residential address and have a HazMat Certificate, even though Brominidine by itself is probably less toxic than caffeine.

You'll need to buy it from a local chem lab supply store and they will mark it up, so 1 gram of the raw product will cost about $600, but it will make 300 grams of lotion, which will last over a year if you are using it only on your face. All you need an accurate scale and the lotion of your choice. Brimonidine is water soluble, so you don't need to use any solvents to dissolve it.

You cannot sell, distribute or give away the compounded lotion, but Patent laws do not apply if you are making a final product for your own use only.
            Don't want to sound too dodgy, but I have a bag full of brimonidine powder left here. I bought it in 2010 from a Chinese company called Sinochem Nanjing.
            I don't use it so can send some samples off for free if people want to try it. Below is some of the communication I had with them regarding the brimonidine and the dose needed.

Dear Nat

We have received you inquiry of brimonidine tartrate, as your request, you need 100 mg of the sample. As our company’s policy , our minimum order is 5g, For 5g sample, we would charge you USD200

If you need any assistance on my side, pls contact me without hesitation!

Thanks and Best wishes

Fairy Yang

--------
            Dear Fairy,

my apologies for the late reply, I am abroad for a few days and haven't been able to email till now.
            I pay right now and would very much appreciate your confirmation once you have received the money.

I have another little thing: I discussed it with my local pharmacist and for my solution I will need 0,2 grams per 100 ml.
            Now is it very difficult for me to measure such a small amount. is it possible for your company to send the 5 g. in at least 2 portions of 0,2 g? Please let me know if this costs extra money.

---------

Dear Nat,

Nice day!
            Thank you for your kind reply!

As the request of some portion of 0.2g, we want to do it for you so that you can use it conveniently. But we are not able to measure 0.2 g precisely. It is difficult for us .please understand. I am so sorry about the inconvenience.
            You can ask your local pharmacist if he can measure it.
            The telephone number is 0086-25-86002196 86002198.
            If you have any questions, pls feel free to contact me.
            Looking forward to your early reply!

Thanks and best wishes
            Fairy Yang (Ms)

================================================== ===============
            SINOCHEM NANJING CORPORATION.
            ================================================== ===============
            Tel: 0086-25-86002196 86002198
            Fax: 0086-25-86002186
            E-mail:sales6@sinochem-nanjing.com
            Web:www.sinochem-nanjing.com
            My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

I was thinking the exact same myself

They should have made 2 different strenghts of mirvaso

Because a lower strenght Mirvaso would cause less of a rebound

and suit some people best like littlelassie
              If you recall Galderma tested several strengths of Sansrosa before deciding on the dose that represented the best results, least reactions etc.
              Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Comment

A big thanks to Metalgear for starting the other thread

So please leave users of Mirvaso share their experience only and no comments and questions by others
                I don't think you can coerce forum members to only post the sort of post that you want read. That isn't going to make for a friendly and open forum.

By all means start a new thread if you are getting lost in existing ones, but please don't report posts that you don't think are the sort you want to read.

Leave reporting posts for spam and abuse only.

thankyou,
                dp.

BTW it is completely normal that reports of Mirvaso are only starting to trickle in and so far there are people who are not sure of how well it really works. It can be hard to find reports that are more generally applicable to a wide range of rosacea sufferers, but I am starting to collect reports here at my Mirvaso User Reviews Page. Hopefully over the coming months people's self assessments will lead to some good reports that start to match the large clinical trials we have seen published.
                Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Comment

• Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
                  I don't think you can coerce forum members to only post the sort of post that you want read. That isn't going to make for a friendly and open forum.

By all means start a new thread if you are getting lost in existing ones, but please don't report posts that you don't think are the sort you want to read.

Leave reporting posts for spam and abuse only.

thankyou,
                  dp.

BTW it is completely normal that reports of Mirvaso are only starting to trickle in and so far there are people who are not sure of how well it really works. It can be hard to find reports that are more generally applicable to a wide range of rosacea sufferers, but I am starting to collect reports here at my Mirvaso User Reviews Page. Hopefully over the coming months people's self assessments will lead to some good reports that start to match the large clinical trials we have seen published.
                  David

I was asking people to do that on the new thread metalgear started

I am a member of several forums elsewhere and its quite common practice ...Several other members have also requested it here

I am only trying to make this topic more user friendly for people on the mirvaso user thread .
                  Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 29 September 2013, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• BTW it is completely normal that reports of Mirvaso are only starting to trickle in and so far there are people who are not sure of how well it really works. It can be hard to find reports that are more generally applicable to a wide range of rosacea sufferers, but I am starting to collect reports here at my Mirvaso User Reviews Page. Hopefully over the coming months people's self assessments will lead to some good reports that start to match the large clinical trials we have seen published.

[/QUOTE]

David

And the only person I can see that seems happy with it according to your user review is Matt from Seattle

Who in my opinion doesn't have Rosacea . stats don't lie
                    Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 29 September 2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

If you recall Galderma tested several strengths of Sansrosa before deciding on the dose that represented the best results, least reactions etc.

I know all that mate .

So far the majority on here who done what they asked . Are not happy with the end result

Comment

• I am part of a rosacea group on facebook and a lady posted a before pic from Friday and an after today and it was really bad. Had some sort of major reaction to it. I am not giving up any hope for this product until more people try it. But as a flusher I am concerned. I will definitely try it when I can though.

Comment

But as we know, each rosacean is unique. Frankly, I think if complete blanching occurs, that it is too much much. In most cases, at some lower concentration, complete blanching would also occur. This indicates that it is too strong for many people. If I can apply the very thinnest amount (15% of the recommendation) and still get desired results, a diluted version would be better for me.

The other thing to consider is that a "toning down" of redness is not nearly as attractive to doctors/consumers and a complete elimination of redness (at first at least). The pictures look much more dramatic as well. This is a great selling point for Galderma. However, does that mean it is really good for the patient long term? I, for one, would be very happy with a version that is 1/3 of the concentration as the current version. That said, it is also nice that a tube should last me for quite a while (I am guessing a few months at this rate).

I am still in the experimental stages, but I think I will be able to use this drug regularly and consistently (with satisfactory results), provided I use very little of it. So far, I have not had any rebound when using the a minimal amount. It remains to be seen if this approach will work long term.

P.S. If we also believe everything from Galderma, why does the rebound occurance seem inconsistent with user reviews? Just like anything, the individual is ultimately responsible for their own health.
                          Last edited by wiry; 30 September 2013, 01:39 AM.

Comment

David

And the only person I can see that seems happy with it according to your user review is Matt from Seattle

Who in my opinion doesn't have Rosacea . stats don't lie
                            Mirvaso, i think you just need to calm down a bit, though your trying to make it more user friendly your words really don't point in that direction. David just gave some solid advice and is one of the biggest contributors to any rosacea forum on the internet so it might be well to listen to him. Also just putting a at the end of everything you type doesnt make it fine if what you wrote is quite biased and "un-user friendly" even if you mightn't see it that way.

Also with your last post "stats don't lie" we've really only had reports of maybe 6 or so people at most, and several of them were just 1 or 2 updates, its really impossible to judge what the final verdict will be, so dont give up all hope yet.
                            Last edited by maskielli; 30 September 2013, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• I'm on day three. Using slightly less than recommended anoubt and I like it.

Not doing a whole lot to be honest positive or negative. I think it slightly reduces my redness and face feels good so far. Walked outside 5k today in 60 degree weather. Sweat a little in fall usually horrible. Flush for me. But I didn't. So I suppose I reporting good results.

Comment

• Originally posted by truth1911 View Post
                                I'm on day three. Using slightly less than recommended anoubt and I like it.

Not doing a whole lot to be honest positive or negative. I think it slightly reduces my redness and face feels good so far. Walked outside 5k today in 60 degree weather. Sweat a little in fall usually horrible. Flush for me. But I didn't. So I suppose I reporting good results.
                                Sounds nice being able to walk in what i assume is a fairly warm temp? (no idea equivalent of 60s is to Celsius), out here in Australia the heat is just starting to pick up again, and its already bad enough to keep me indoors as much as possible after 11am.

Comment

Working...
                                X